Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Historical Medieval game, with no fantasy! Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Biarchus

Default Historical Medieval game, with no fantasy! Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Yep, a new game running on CryEngine 3. Set in the Holy Roman Empire around 1400, it will not contain any magic, elves, orcs or fantasy elemets. But be based on real history, even the fighting system will be based on historical fighting i believe. It's and RPG, with both swords, crossbows and the like aswell as fist fights

It will have mounted combat, open field combat, sieges and so forth. Sounds pretty amazing.

Here is a teaser http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JdPyK1fI6Dw
    And here is an article with further details http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/20...ith-no-fantasy

What do you guys and girls think?

Personally im so excited, i don't mind fantasy. I love LoTR and Warhammer, but i have gotten abit tired of the over saturated fantasy rpg market. And seeing as alot of people like history here, it might peak their interest

Also i think they need help shoving that people are interested in the game, to get further funding. So spreading the word would help them if you're interested

Default Re: Historical Medieval game, with no fantasy! Kingdom Come: Deliverance

I am very intrigued. No fancy magic, no demons and monsters, just pure, medieval role playing. Personally I love the gritty realism of the Witcher games so would be really up for a completely non-fantasy medieval RPG.

Only problem: "One investment banker from London told us in no uncertain terms that PC and consoles are dead, and if we're not making a free-to-play MMO for iPad, we've got no chance." !

They should go for Kickstarter if they cant find investor for this.
    Doomed are those who take lunacy for prophecy, and carcasses for holy arses.
    The biggest monsters are the ones hiding behind ideals, religion and law.

Biarchus

Default Re: Historical Medieval game, with no fantasy! Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Quote Originally Posted by kahn85 View Post
    I am very intrigued. No fancy magic, no demons and monsters, just pure, medieval role playing. Personally I love the gritty realism of the Witcher games so would be really up for a completely non-fantasy medieval RPG.

Only problem: "One investment banker from London told us in no uncertain terms that PC and consoles are dead, and if we're not making a free-to-play MMO for iPad, we've got no chance." !

They should go for Kickstarter if they cant find investor for this.
    Yep, it seems they have half the game funded by some rich Czech guy. But they need to convince that there is a demand for this game, so im spreading the word and hoping alot of people will show interest
    And agree, if they don't get the investors to help. They should definantly try kickstarter.

Inhuman One's Avatar Comes Limitis

Great idea, something I have been wanting to see for a long time.

I'm just curious how they will go about it when they cant cheat with magic for healing, special moves, transportation and such.. I'd rather see deeper melee and ranged combat than a shiny effect to replace something that actually looks like a battle.

Senator

I'd be all over a game like this, personally.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

This looks very interesting, I hope they deliver (no pun intended)
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

now we can all look forward to be one of those overpowered SS byzantine generals! chaaaarge........!!!

hellheaven1987's Avatar Comes Domesticorum

Medieval
    No Viking or Chaos Warrior

May be I can still play as a heretic...
    Quote Originally Posted by Markas View Post
    Hellheaven, sometimes you remind me of King Canute trying to hold back the tide, except without the winning parable.
    Quote Originally Posted by Diocle View Post
    Cameron is midway between Black Rage and .. European Union ..

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

An interesting approach, which is not a downside to me. A greco-roman game would be even cooler.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mhaedros View Post
    This looks very interesting, I hope they deliver (no pun intended)
    Pretty sure there is no pun.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ciciro View Post
    Pretty sure there is no pun.
    The game's name is Kingdom Come: Deliverance
    Last edited by Mhaedros; December 20, 2013 at 06:46 AM.

Biarchus

Yea i personally don't mind fantasy, i love Warhammer for example. But i must admitt that pretty much every medieval or rpg game today is fantasy, the market is over saturated with them. So this is a nice change, and judging by the pics, the game already looks good. I have no idea about the plot though, or how big a scale it will be. I only know that The Holy Roman Empire will be in, and perhaps Bohemia.

Ciciro's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Mortarion View Post
    Yea i personally don't mind fantasy, i love Warhammer for example. But i must admitt that pretty much every medieval or rpg game today is fantasy, the market is over saturated with them. So this is a nice change, and judging by the pics, the game already looks good. I have no idea about the plot though, or how big a scale it will be. I only know that The Holy Roman Empire will be in, and perhaps Bohemia.
    Bohemia is in the HRE.

Mangerman's Avatar Only the ladder is real

Ah, it's the game from this leaked footage:

Keeping fingers crossed.

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Ciciro View Post
    Bohemia is in the HRE.
    hehe didn't know that, xD My mistake

Very interesting indeed! Looking forward to it.

Rijul.J.Ballal's Avatar Domesticus

Very interesting, Will it be similar to M&B? And it is on PC isn't it?
    http://youtu.be/t_T9QeMbY2k
    Last edited by Rijul.J.Ballal; December 21, 2013 at 05:35 AM.

Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Rijul.J.Ballal View Post
    Very interesting, Will it be similar to M&B? And it is on PC isn't it?
    http://youtu.be/t_T9QeMbY2k
    Im pretty sure it will be on PC, they might also do next gen consoles i believe. No idea if it will be like M&B, they are going for an RPG game. So probably something like The witcher 2 or 3 would be my guess, no idea if you can recruit units and make armies.

Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Gamespot said it would be for "next gen-consoles" so one would assume it comes on Xbox one and PS4 as well as PC (though they will never make it look as good )

This is really exciting. I hope they have good writers, because it would be a shame to squander this unique setting on a poorly-written game.

Page 1 of 12 1234567891011 ... LastLast