Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: Historical Medieval game, with no fantasy! Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Default Re: Historical Medieval game, with no fantasy! Kingdom Come: Deliverance

Quote Originally Posted by prithupaul View Post
    I am also greatly looking forward to this game. But if I were being practical, I would not expect this game to fully launch within the next 2-3 years given the current state and extreme glacial rate of development, for better or worse.
    Surprisingly they really did take 2-3 years lol. Glad. It was necessary.

Sadly they have stopped updating the test-build a long time ago due to their strange misleading beta policy. So we are not getting any first hand experience about how they used these 2-3 years.

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Default Re: Historical Medieval game, with no fantasy! Kingdom Come: Deliverance

The beta access page:

https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/en/about-the-beta

... and still the current Steam page:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/379430
    Last edited by DaVinci; June 10, 2017 at 10:33 AM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Quote Originally Posted by DaVinci View Post
    The beta access page:

https://www.kingdomcomerpg.com/en/about-the-beta

... and still the current Steam page:

http://store.steampowered.com/app/379430
    Are you posting that for me? If so, my point is the beta has not been updated for more than a year, and will not be in the future.

So we will not know what they did with our feedback, until after launch.

Patrician Artifex

No. Posted just as complement to this thread, for the ones who might be interested in the game title.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Default Kingdom Come: Deliverance

This may already be a thread so sorry if it is. If this is moved or taken down I understand. This is just quick and recent info video where I overview a QandA that Warhorse Studios did talking about features of the game!

Patrician Artifex

Default Re: Kingdom Come: Deliverance

This may already be a thread ...
    Yes, currently on page 3 of this section.

Thread link: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...verance/page11
    Last edited by DaVinci; January 15, 2018 at 11:10 AM.

Frunk's Avatar Form Follows Function
    took an arrow to the knee

Threads merged.

Thanks DaVinci. +rep

Patrician Artifex

Alright.

I suggest that a moderator changes (editing 1st post) the thread title to:

Kingdom Come: Deliverance (historic-medieval RPG)

If the Warhorse studio delivers what is previewed and also a bugfree release, then this game should be "The Thing" for the ones who like the genre.

The latest official gameplay video (kind of ingame-tutorial)
    Last edited by DaVinci; January 24, 2018 at 02:31 AM.

Looks very interesting. Shouldn't expect toooo much from their first game of this magnitude. I'm sure there will be enough bugs, and the question is how fun will it be. But they deserve all the praise they get for daring to do a game with focus on realism and history, and not fluff and fantasy.

But it's a huge achievement for the guys nontheless. I remember they had an early cooperation with Chris Robert's RSI in the early days, since they both use(d?) the Cryengine. And look where Scam Citizen is now...
    Last edited by Frunk; February 02, 2018 at 05:00 AM. Reason: Posts merged.

Patrician Artifex

I'm sure there will be enough bugs
    We'll see, at least the developers seem to be very dedicated. I hope they have a good QM system aka proper (read: professional) beta-testing.
    Anyways, when i said "bugfree release" above, i meant ofc a proper playable game, as a complete bugfree game is mere impossible (depends also of what one understands as "bug").

and the question is how fun will it be.
    Yes. But that's just a very subjective item. As for me, i find the actual history stuff fascinatic enough, i just don't need dragons and monsters etc. by all means to get triggered.

But they deserve all the praise they get for daring to do a game with focus on realism and history, and not fluff and fantasy.
    Exactly. As much as i love The Witcher and Skyrim or also Mount&Blade (if we count that as RPG) as one of the best medieval-genre RPGs, i would probably always prefer a realistic RPG based on actual history, when the game quality itself is comparable (in terms of game-"experience" ie. immersion etc.).
    Last edited by DaVinci; February 02, 2018 at 12:55 PM.

Yes. But that's just a very subjective item. As for me, i find the actual history stuff fascinatic enough, i just don't need dragons and monsters etc. by all means to get triggered.

Exactly. As much as i love The Witcher and Skyrim or also Mount&Blade (if we count that as RPG) as one of the best medieval-genre RPGs, i would probably always prefer a realistic RPG based on actual history, when the game quality itself is comparable (in terms of game-"experience" ie. immersion etc.).
    Oh, I'm with you here, a RPG without dragons, dwarves &elves is what I absolutely appreciate. The fantasy stuff was actually the reason I ignored RPG's for so long (I also jumped late into GoT because of that). I almost always prefer history & science fiction over fantasy / superhero stuff, which have been dominating games & tv forever (except for the tired, omnipresent, overrated Star Wars franchise of course. It's a big crime that we have so few singleplayer/story driven sci-fi games and almost no historic games outside the strategy genre.

No, I rather fear that their drive for realism (having to eat, sleep etc ) might be detrimental to gameplay. It's cool that you play a smith and have to deal with the fact that a smith usually can't read, but I hope they haven't forgotten that this is a game, not a medieval life simulator.

Hopefully the story / characters hold up, that's the most interesting thing for me.

This plays during the time of Wencel the Idle, right? Would be fun if this "legendary" king appears
    Last edited by Candy_Licker; February 03, 2018 at 03:25 AM.

Patrician Artifex

It's cool that you play a smith and have to deal with the fact that a smith usually can't read, but I hope they haven't forgotten that this is a game, not a medieval life simulator.
    Hmm, life itself can be viewed as game, everything can, if i/we want. Why not a medieval life simulator as game? I would be the first to play such a pc-game, if it is well done. Just games, which are not only for entertaining but for education as well, and possibly could even be school media.
    Basicly a game approach, which i and few other modders try (or tried) to realize in our modding works, more or less, but call it just realism or historical-realism, but as modders of a vanilla game are limited.

Btw., i'm much for fantasy stuff, always was. From Grimm's Märchen to Tolkien over to Sapkowsky or as for me also G.R.R. Martin (GoT film series ofc are amazing, love them). And if games (or films) reflect that written stuff lore-friendly, then i might get interested, and if i find it a good product, i say, they did it well and/or can be like a (ten-years-old) fanboy when i'm amazed, what's better to feel again like a child?
    Thing is what i criticize that certain or most game franchises don't know what they are doing, sotospeak, or at least the lead designers whom have all to follow when he gives the directions for the contents. Producers and developers jump on bandwagons and put their product onto the market just for earning as much money as possible - that's just the business fact. Some just mingle all in, history stuff with fantasy, but sell that under "historical game" and/or reviewers do that for them, and many consumers believe that (see CA, but they are not the only ones, also Paradox went into that fantasy features thing, and i stopped playing CK2 mainly for that), and the one and other user possibly even makes a historical worldview from that game experience (or film) because he/she doesn't know it better. In the last instance, that's just incompetence and/or lack of interest and/or ignorance vs proper researchment, both by the producers and the consumers. ... in a world which gets increasingly plein regarding authencity and plausability, or alone, a proper rounded product. Just vice versa is alright imo., fantasy with history-basement (The Witcher is one very good example). But go away from me with games that firm under 'historical game series' like fe. the Total War vanilla's since RTW, i'm entirely fed up with the latter and also know the opinion and basic approach of the according lead designers, which is just an average, like the one of a person who had perhaps max one year history lessons in school, and believe they are cool with their fantasy features and/or into eye-jumping inaccuracies, within a historical setting, which but also could be done properly if they only wanted, ie. engage proper scholars for the product as advisors instead of putting money into imo. weird fantasy contents, or making items generally valid throughout the game which appeared perhaps one time in history as unique event in a limited way. Rant off

Science-fiction, yes, ofc love it, too. Btw., as fiction novels i highly recommend Stanislaw Lem above all other fiction-authors, he was not just a writer but also philosoph and imo. a real visionary.

Back to topic: Yes, Warhorse Studios deserve all praise for their current Game work with KC: D and as for me, could even deepen the history-authencity content, as much as it is possible!
    Last edited by DaVinci; February 04, 2018 at 12:33 PM.

Only two days left, my backer collectors edition is on it's way and I've linked my backer account to steam. Romours have it we can preload on Monday, also there will be a 25gig day one patch.

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Oh wow, this is actually coming out soon. Hope I have any time to spend on it this week.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

Patrician Artifex

Unfortunately, i won't have the time to jump on instantly. Well, i hope then, that in a few weeks or so, the stuff is a tad more rounded than with its initial release/s.
    Edit: And indeed, i have to plug in another SSD.

Btw, as for realism i wish Warhorse Studios would have made the armors and equipment stuff not that fabrique-new. Perhaps content for fx modders to put on some dirt and rust etc.
    Last edited by DaVinci; February 11, 2018 at 03:38 PM.

Unfortunately, i won't have the time to jump on instantly. Well, i hope then, that in a few weeks or so, the stuff is a tad more rounded than with its initial release/s.
    Edit: And indeed, i have to plug in another SSD.

Btw, as for realism i wish Warhorse Studios would have made the armors and equipment stuff not that fabrique-new. Perhaps content for fx modders to put on some dirt and rust etc.
    Armor gets dirty/and or bloody.
    And NPC react to you based on how you look. You can wash and clean your clothes and armor.

Pre-load as stated about 32gigs including the day one patch.

This is the first video in my Let's Play series for this game! I highly recommend it I am having a blast with it so far!

Patrician Artifex

Awesome! Thanks, zachman. I only watched the first 6 minutes of your vid, for now (will get into it later). +rep for you.

Edit
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunfreak View Post
    Armor gets dirty/and or bloody.
    And NPC react to you based on how you look. You can wash and clean your clothes and armor.

Pre-load as stated about 32gigs including the day one patch.
    Alright, very well.

Edit2

It would be helpful if thread-commenters who have already play-experience of the released version mention their most relevant pc specs, ie. CPU, FX Card, RAM, the game-fx-settings (ultra, high,...) and the average fps or a range.
    I fe. wonder if my still used i5 3570k@4.0 GHz is capable enough, while i'm pretty sure my very well GTX 1070 is and my 16 GB RAM should do it as well (example, with The Witcher 3 i have 60+fps on ultra settings/1080p ... but i don't expect that with KC: D, while 40+fps would be appreciated).
    Last edited by DaVinci; February 14, 2018 at 04:10 PM.

Here is part 2 of my KCD Let's Play! Same great stuff, different day!

gastovski's Avatar Campidoctor

I couldn't manage advancing Baptism by Fire quest. The game is over after "too many of your men have died" message but they are mostly still alive. Also sabotaged whole camp earlier i think it's a bug.

Edit: Ok i found a trick. You just gotta be frontline bait to take agro from enemy. Let your soldiers kill them then kill archers on church walls asap, problem solved.
    Last edited by gastovski; February 18, 2018 at 04:25 AM.