Thread: RTR Music

Default RTR Music

How's it going? I'm new, therefore, I should ask a stupid question...you know, just to get things going.

Recently I installed and started playing RTR and I have to say I am pretty bloody tired of the same damn music tracks cycling over and over again. Then I remembered that RTR (at least at the totalrealism.org site) has downloadable music which they "recommend". In this regard, if I were to download that music, would it be possible to install it now without causing insane damage to my game and still allow me to play my current campaign? Or would I have to start from square one?

Further, out of curiosity, what the origins to the RTR music tracks? For instance, are they original or are they taken from movies such as Gladiator, Alexander, et cetera?

Thanks.

Skoo's Avatar Foederatus

Default Re: RTR Music

I assume that the "lite music" is the same music I was talking about, which are downloadable from totalrealism.org?

Um...and what are the music files? I mean, are they taken from somewhere or are they totally original?

...or should I post in that forum?
    Lucius Tertinius Severus
    Legio VI FFC

Skoo's Avatar Foederatus

There are 2 musicmodes (as i know) one for the Gold edition, and the other is the cc lite music mod.
    They are movie and game soundtracks... (pirates of carribeans [for gauls] and stroghold for example)
    Last edited by Skoo; September 30, 2006 at 10:39 AM.

@Ter. Catalonius Luciano some of the questions you are asking have more chances to be answered in the main RTR sub-forum.
    Now, there are more then 2 music mods. There is also a mod by MC IIRC.
    The RTR music add-on also works with RTRPE AFAIK. You can find it here:
    http://www.totalrealism.net/download....1-Music-Addon
    Also you need to see this:
    6.2 Music Pack, Still have vanilla music? See this then!

In your Data\Sounds folder change the events.idx and events.dat filename to oldevents.idx and oldevents.dat. That will do it.
    EDIT: rephrased
    Last edited by florin80; September 30, 2006 at 08:51 PM.

Wow I had no clue that thread still existed. Sweet I will add it to my sig. My personal music folder has changed since then... *cough*

Almost 250 songs!
    Last edited by King_Azzole; September 30, 2006 at 10:56 AM.
    -Voice of the Celtic warriors in EB 1 and writer of the original tutorial on sound and music editing for RTW.

Skoo's Avatar Foederatus

i need, i need it.... can you give me a link? ;?

and, i find a link with google, this was the first...
    Last edited by Skoo; September 30, 2006 at 10:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by florin80
    @Ter. Catalonius Luciano do you realize that you are in the RTR Platinum sub-forum? I mean some of the questions you are asking have a more chance to be answered in the main RTR sub-forum.
    Now, there are more then 2 music mods. There is also a mod by MC IIRC.
    The RTR music add-on also works with RTRPE AFAIK. You can find it here:
    http://www.totalrealism.net/download....1-Music-Addon
    Also you need to see this:
    Is there a way to have this thread moved there?

Um...well, my last question hasn't been answered, though: Will this effect my current saved game files? In other words, will I have to start a new file to be able to use new music files, or does that not make a difference?
    Lucius Tertinius Severus
    Legio VI FFC

Quote Originally Posted by Ter. Catalonius Luciano
    Is there a way to have this thread moved there?

Um...well, my last question hasn't been answered, though: Will this effect my current saved game files? In other words, will I have to start a new file to be able to use new music files, or does that not make a difference?
    Sorry for the way I said it. I reread it and I thought it sounded aggressive. It was not intended to be. I can move it if you want, but it can very well stay here. I was just not sure if it had to do with RTRPE (which is an unofficial conversion of RTE 6 Gold) or with RTR.
    I`m not sure about the save game, but I don`t see how this can affect them. It`s save game compatible AFAIK.

You can ask more about the music (who made it, when and that sort of things; this is actually the part I was refering to before) at the rtr forums which are up again. You have much better chances to find out there.
    http://www.totalrealism.net/forums/index.php?act=idx

EDIT: a general advice. When you want to change something and you`re not sure about it, you should make a back up of the save folder from your RTW game folder. And also it helps to have a back up of the game folder so if you mess something up you don`t have to reinstall. See here about this(how to make multiple installs):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=60685
    Last edited by florin80; September 30, 2006 at 09:01 PM.

I hadn't even realized that RTR Platinum was not affiliated with RTR Gold... This is a wee bit confusing. Is there somewhere I could get all the info about what's what?
    Lucius Tertinius Severus
    Legio VI FFC

I hadn't even realized that RTR Platinum was not affiliated with RTR Gold... This is a wee bit confusing. Is there somewhere I could get all the info about what's what?

RTRPE is RTR 6 Gold ported to the engine of RTW v1.5. RTR 6 Gold was for RTW v1.2. The port was made by the community and not the official RTR team which by that time had already moved on to RTR 7 (which is still in depelopement and should be for BI). That`s why it`s not "official". RTRPE Team and RTR team were two different teams.

Quote Originally Posted by florin80
    RTRPE is RTR 6 Gold ported to the engine of RTW v1.5. RTR 6 Gold was for RTW v1.2. The port was made by the community and not the official RTR team which by that time had already moved on to RTR 7 (which is still in depelopement and should be for BI). That`s why it`s not "official". RTRPE Team and RTR team were two different teams.
    Ah, okay! Now it makes sense. Sorry about that. Maybe the name to this thread should just be changed to "Questions from a Newbie." But besides porting it to RTW v1.5, no other changes have been made, correct? And RTR 7 should be for BI?... What is BI?

By the way, I saw the CC Lite Music mod thread, but what does CC stand for? And Lite Music?...
    Lucius Tertinius Severus
    Legio VI FFC

Ah, okay! Now it makes sense. Sorry about that. Maybe the name to this thread should just be changed to "Questions from a Newbie." But besides porting it to RTW v1.5, no other changes have been made, correct? And RTR 7 should be for BI?... What is BI?

By the way, I saw the CC Lite Music mod thread, but what does CC stand for? And Lite Music?...
    BI is Barbian Invasion. The expansion pack to Rome Total War. And RTR 7.0 is for BI
    Whoever gives nothing, has nothing. The greatest misfortune is not to be unloved, but not to love.
    -Albert Camus

Well, the RTRPE has the improved AI brought by the engine of RTW v1.5. Also there`s no save bug anymore. Again, because of the RTW v1.5 engine. You`ll also have night battles that were not in RTR 6 Gold. Also, the units have been rebalanced further. Among other changes done to them is a more clear penalties system for terrain type. You can read about the changes done to the units here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59640
    and here(the same thing, but it`s the original thread; the one here at twc was done from what we could remember):
    http://forums.totalrealism.net/index...howtopic=21332
    We tried not to change too much because it was supposed to be just a port, but there are some mini-mods out there that bring further changes. See this list:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=59641
    Oh, and there are 2 landblocks in place in RTRPE. Read more here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showp...4&postcount=94
    You can of course take them out if you want to, using the optional add-on for it.
    Also, you can play RTRPE with the .exe of BI. This means further improved AI both on the campaign map and in battles. You can find a guide on how to do it here (it`s pretty easy):
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=58291

CC is for Cantus Congregatio AFAIK.