Page 9 of 35 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181934 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyrule Warriors (New Zelda game, apparently)

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Re: Hyrule Warriors (New Zelda game, apparently)

They're talking about consoles which are inferior to the power of PC Master Race.

when will the big N's games be put on pc, I think they could make more money that way.
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

The discussion with Ganondorf and Lu Bu was as though they read my mind. I laughed, and I was also delighted to hear of such possibilities and fun cross-overs in future sequels.

So here's the blue haired character:

She doesn't look much like Nayru from Oracle of Ages, so she's likely to be an all new character... and judging by that floating book and (partially seen) circle of letters, she appears to be a magic caster!

I think I saw her in the first trailer.
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Nice! Stalfos and Darknut enemies(maybe allies?)

I'm starting to look forward to this.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

Not gonna lie, I really hope that once that Palace of Twilight level is finished, they have enemies that are actually from there. Hell, if they at least reskined the moblins so they're all twilified at the very least because I'm open to this game being a little less serious and structured, but that's just plain lazy if they're gonna have like six enemies and that's it.

Quote Originally Posted by Drazule View Post
    but that's just plain lazy if they're gonna have like six enemies and that's it.
    Welcome to the Warriors series, I can see it's your first time here. We have a staggering selection of player characters each with their own combo. We hope you enjoy pressing two different buttons to attack and dozens of variations of "I defeated an officer!" Feel free to check out our Empires spinoff if you have the time for a surprising amount of replay value.

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

Because I am impatient and obsessed about Hyrule Warriors (I arrived from the Samurai Warriors side of the spectrum), here's another video featuring more gameplay from the public demo from E3. This was covered on day three on the Nintendo Treehouse steam, but as the official "trimmed" video has not been released yet the video linked is the entire stream itself.

Battlefield: Hyrule Field

Interesting Observations
    - Link is still a silent protagonist with a navigator speaking for him.
    - Bombs still blow up boulders.
    - Half of the character cast may be female.
    - There is another mode besides Story mode that may take longer to complete.
    - King Dodongo is the boss of the Hyrule Field
    - A Goron Captain makes an appearance

Youtube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztQvRGCIVV4
    4:44:55 - Hyrule Warriors Segment Begins
    4:45:40 - Character Select
    4:46:05 - Zelda Gameplay
    4:54:50 - Link (Sword) Gameplay
    5:06:25 - Link (Fire Rod) Gameplay
    5:14:18 - End of Hyrule Warriors Segment
    Hibernation State: Playing Nintendo games and working on personal projects.

Despite all that a reskin shouldn't be too much trouble, as for a little variety, don't set your expectations too high.

Yes this takes place in the legend of zelda and not the romance of the three kingdoms, but that doesn't necessarily mean we're going to get a whole lot of variety.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

ARAN
    Class: Hylian Knight/ Barbarian
    Total wounds: 6
    Race: Hylian
    Equipment: Chainmail, Darkhammer Helm, Hylian Sword, Gillack's Serrated Blade, Dagger
    Special bonuses:
    +2 attacks against Hylians
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +2 Endurance when at 6 wounds when wearing helmet
    +5 initiative rolls - Lizaflos speed
    +10 attack when fighting someone who's insulted Gillack

THRESTA
    Class: Songsayer
    Race: Lizaflos
    Equipment: Lizaflos Scales ( Chain), Twin Serrated shortblades, Tail
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 Endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll per initiative order. *

* Can attack with blades and tail in one turn.

YURAK
    Class: Aeraflos (sp?)
    Race: Aeroflos ( sp?)
    Equipment: Same as Thresta.
    Special Bonuses:
    +2 attack when at 6 wounds
    +3 endurance when at 6 wounds- Chain grade armor
    +5 initiative rolls- Lizaflos speed
    +1 attack roll when attacking from the sky *

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    So here's the blue haired character:

She doesn't look much like Nayru from Oracle of Ages, so she's likely to be an all new character... and judging by that floating book and (partially seen) circle of letters, she appears to be a magic caster!
    Pretty sure that's Cia prior to her Rita Repulsa possession.

Quote Originally Posted by SirMark9 View Post
    Interesting Observations
    - Link is still a silent protagonist with a navigator speaking for him.
    - A Goron Captain makes an appearance

Youtube Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztQvRGCIVV4
    I've decided not to watch any more videos to not spoil all of the game's content for me...
    But those two things interest me. Can you tell me at what points in the video Link's navigator speaks and when the Goron captain can be spotted?

Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    Pretty sure that's Cia prior to her Rita Repulsa possession.
    I don't know, the sleeves (notably the bare shoulder) and (lack of) hat don't match at all with the silohuette in the intro.

It still could be a reinterpretation of Oracle Nayru, but my guess is it's an all new character.

Looking at the shape of the bow on her head, I wonder if it coulnd't be Link's fairy in human form.
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; June 16, 2014 at 10:12 PM. Reason: I was wrong about the hair color

SirMark9's Avatar Tiro

Quote Originally Posted by Duke Serkol View Post
    I've decided not to watch any more videos to not spoil all of the game's content for me...
    But those two things interest me. Can you tell me at what points in the video Link's navigator speaks and when the Goron captain can be spotted?
    Here you go!

4:55:58 - Goron Captain, First Sighting (Dialogue Icon, Brief In-Game Model)
    5:07:05 - Link's Navigator and Help Screen (I can not discern if this is the voiceover for the navigator as it is hard to catch, if it exists, but the help screen is obvious.)
    5:11:00 - Link's Navigator 2 (Here's a different scene but I still can't discern if there is any voiceover.)
    Hibernation State: Playing Nintendo games and working on personal projects.

Thank you Sir!

Looks like that Goron is with the Hylian army. So they seem to be in an alliance.

Quote Originally Posted by starwars90001 View Post
    when will the big N's games be put on pc, I think they could make more money that way.
    Most likely never, because they want to keep their exclusive content integrity, as well as try to prevent what happened last time a game with Nintendo characters appeared on a non-Nintendo system.

I guess they never played Hyrule: Total War. Literally everything they say you could never do before has been done here.
    I assume you haven't taken offense to this, since Nintendo doubting themselves when you've done what they said was impossible is far better than people saying that they're going to kill you/telling you to kill yourself.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Aquos4 View Post
    I assume you haven't taken offense to this, since Nintendo doubting themselves when you've done what they said was impossible is far better than people saying that they're going to kill you/telling you to kill yourself.
    No I'm not offended, that was just my bruised ego whispering out. I've received far worse comments from a Zelda fan since then.

I generally can't help but stifle a giggle or chuckle at gaming's current situation in general: On one hand, we have people already bashing a game because of how previous games in the series were "Call of Duty: GBA, errr I mean, Advanced Warfare" and another game where people have barely even seen it, yet alone played it, and are already creaming their pants over it "Splatoon" Neither of these games are out, yet people still feel a need to bash/worship something they have yet to experience. I just used these as example for the tried-and-"true" method for predicting how a game will be liked.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Aquos4 View Post
    Neither of these games are out, yet people still feel a need to bash/worship something they have yet to experience. I just used these as example for the tried-and-"true" method for predicting how a game will be liked.
    This is how fandoms works sadly. I do have to note it seems the Zelda fandom is even more extreme in these aspects. People seem to be under the idea that if you don't unconditionally love something in your fandom, then you are somehow not a fan anymore. It's kind of hypocritical since there are aspects of Zelda everyone agrees on that's ok to hate, like Tingle. Disliking or hating an aspect or even an entire game in the Zelda series doesn't cancel out your fandom, it just makes you less of an annoying religious zealot who is able to think for themselves and has personal tastes that don't conform with some rigid doctrine. It's kind of sad that I have to compare a fictional video game to religion to make this point.

I somewhat agree with you about hating on something beforehand, however I have to play devil's advocate here and say that if there's something you dislike in a trailer, or even multiple things, they usually are an indicator that the final product will probably contain those things that you disliked, unless the trailer was just really poorly made. I see hundreds of soldiers being flung into the air by Link making super goofy constipated grunts while doing super duper wacky acrobatics... I'm pretty sure that's not going to change between the trailers and the time the game releases. It's probably safe to assume this aspect I dislike will make it into the game and will be there throughout the entire game.

This is how fandoms works sadly. I do have to note it seems the Zelda fandom is even more extreme in these aspects. People seem to be under the idea that if you don't unconditionally love something in your fandom, then you are somehow not a fan anymore.
    No, people who hate the series and yet still follow it (I call it Star Wars syndrome) exists. Your mod's actually pretty popular with places like 4chan's /v/. Basically the whole thing is a black/white scenario with no gray, everyone who loathes the series bla bla bla is on your side, while everyone who thinks it can do no wrong is against you.

It's kind of hypocritical since there are aspects of Zelda everyone agrees on that's ok to hate, like Tingle.
    Again, like with Star Wars syndrome, Tingle is our Jar Jar.

Disliking or hating an aspect or even an entire game in the Zelda series doesn't cancel out your fandom, it just makes you less of an annoying religious zealot who is able to think for themselves and has personal tastes that don't conform with some rigid doctrine. It's kind of sad that I have to compare a fictional video game to religion to make this point.
    Again, despite what you think, both sides of the extreme exist in the Zelda fandom, the hatedom just likes you. It's like that one guy at the Round Table who told Sakurai to his face that he should be the one balancing Smash because he says he's better than Sakurai at Smash.

I somewhat agree with you about hating on something beforehand, however I have to play devil's advocate here and say that if there's something you dislike in a trailer, or even multiple things, they usually are an indicator that the final product will probably contain those things that you disliked, unless the trailer was just really poorly made. I see hundreds of soldiers being flung into the air by Link making super goofy constipated grunts while doing super duper wacky acrobatics... I'm pretty sure that's not going to change between the trailers and the time the game releases. It's probably safe to assume this aspect I dislike will make it into the game and will be there throughout the entire game.
    And I'll play Devil's Advocate and say don't pin that one on Zelda. That's the Warriors franchise in general.

See what I mean? It's really not fair to single out Hyrule Warriors for being ridiculous.