Page 7 of 35 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161732 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyrule Warriors (New Zelda game, apparently)

Default Re: Hyrule Warriors (New Zelda game, apparently)

buy what it looks like time travel is going to be in the game, and you know what that means, zelda infinite. characters from any zelda game can show up. the sages, tingle, demise, etc( mostly popular characters).
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Well this trailer has sold me I'm getting this game , that's all I have to say really

@starwars, really did I blink and miss part of it, when was time travel mentioned

About the time when they showed Skyloft complete of Goddess Statue staying afloat above of Hyrule Castle.

Ohhhh guess I did blink then, I think I'll watch it again anyway, to absorb it all more (and to watch the epic battle of the CEO's)

that wan't in the trailer but the story of the game has to do with a villain link fought coming back.
    When Hyrule was in danger of falling into the hands of evil, a hero wearing a green tunic appeared to strike down the ambitions of the evil power. To ensure the evil would never return, he broke the evil's spirit into four pieces, sending three pieces off into the depths of space-time, and sealed the fourth piece at the entrance to the Temple with the Master Sword.
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

I think I saw something different to u guys, was there an extended clip, I only saw it in the direct?

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; June 10, 2014 at 03:49 PM.

Ohhhh, well now I feel like an idiot , that will be quite cool actually.

Drazule's Avatar Campidoctor

This game is going to be such a non-canon cluster its gonna be amazing!

Well... That's one way to take out Argorok
    just throw the moon at his face

Well... at least there's one female character that didn't get less clothing
    Last edited by rik209; June 10, 2014 at 04:38 PM.

Yeah, fanservice is pretty much over 9000.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

And all this time I thought the Legend of Zelda was supposed to be some kind of serious epic, I never realized it was a laugh out loud comedy. My apologies for the misunderstanding. Maybe now I can enjoy it more.

Hey Neph seeing as Zelda is now forever dead to you, can you release what you got done before you walk away from HTW?

Apparently the demo only has "space" for 9 playable characters, which is in line with the amount other Koei fighting games have for the first installment. That would be... disappointing, especially since there's at least one OC (blue lady?) and possibly more that are going to be playable. It just wouldn't feel like a celebration of the series if 40% of your playable characters are created specially for the game. And I seriously doubt that anything other than stuff from OoT/MM/WW/TP/SS will be in the game (maybe LttP, which is sometimes an "honourary 3D Zelda"). The rest of the series gets diddy squat, which I suppose is one of the reasons I like Hyrule Total War...

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotShazam View Post
    Hey Neph seeing as Zelda is now forever dead to you, can you release what you got done before you walk away from HTW?
    I'm never walking away from HTW. I do kind of want to take a small break after the next release though.

Still, I do think you are overreacting. This is a disappointment, not TEOTWAWKI.

Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by IAmNotShazam View Post
    Still, I do think you are overreacting. This is a disappointment, not TEOTWAWKI.
    Hyrule Warriors just looks over the top silly, like a 12 year old's idea of what's cool. Unfortunately I am not of that age, and seek things with a little more meaning, depth, and effort put into it. Hence my dissapointment. I've just come to accept Nintendo will never ever ever ever ever ever put that kind of effort into anything. Their fanbase is young, they are sticking with that. I can't be mad at them anymore.

Well at least you still got Smash Bros and the new pay to win action figures they're releasing.

Yea I'm really glad they didn't turn around and say well you can't play as zelda till you get the toy sort of deal, this amiibro? Amiibo? Amiba? (how's it spelt?) looks quite good actually, nice and unique and I'm also over the moon that they made pauletana a playable character she was one of the best bits of uprising.
    Last edited by tedster1995; June 10, 2014 at 06:46 PM. Reason: Pressed button by mistake

The funny thing is Neph almost got his wish for a darker Zelda. He'd be surprised at how close it came.

When EA went to Nintendo to help with their online, along with wanting to make their online run through Origin, Bioware also approached Nintendo about making a Zelda RPG. Nintendo said no.