Page 5 of 35 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141530 ... LastLast

Thread: Hyrule Warriors (New Zelda game, apparently)

Default Re: Hyrule Warriors (New Zelda game, apparently)

This guy looks familiar... What was the name of that Black sphere with one rad Eye? Was it "Oracle of Seasons" or "Oracle of Ages" that had him?
    He has manipulated people before, so it fit's the plot of Hyrule Warriors.

Jakeford's Avatar Ducenarius

Yes Dynasty Warriors is a Mindless Hack and Slash but that doesn't mean it isn't fun! Certainly not what canon Zelda should be but I think it is fine as a knock off. Undyingnephalim I wouldn't get to disappointed about this, it is just a knock off after all.

As for the continuity you should keep in mind that if Nintendo can't keep it together then someone else sure couldn't.

As for the shard of Nightmare rumor I wish that it was real. The probably fake screenshots are gritty an serous, if Zelda WII U is like that then that means Nintendo would be returning to the days of taking LoZ seriously. http://www.zeldadungeon.net/2014/05/...ed-to-be-fake/

That kind of reminds me of how Twilight Princess would have been so much cooler of they stuck with how dark and gritty it was in the beta stage.

I am a heterosexual 15 year old boy. I hate Shia's design. I don't find her sexy at all. I just find her design to be annoying. Kind of like SSBB4's Samus's really impractical heals.
    Last edited by Jakeford; May 22, 2014 at 05:53 PM.
    https://www.battleforthenet.com/
    Go to this site and call your congressmen!
    Do not le the FCC destroy net neutrality in America!
    On Dec. 14 the FCC will vote on whether to destroy net neutrality or not! Congress can stop them beforehand, so tell congress and the FCC that you don't want them to ruin the internet!

It like the Poe seller with bling. Just a thought on this Shia deal, maybe the reason she is all skimpy and well hanging out is so that she is the opposite of zelda, who I hope will be more modestly dressed and not have size GG cups, so then link will choose zelda and that will show that women don't have to flash their bits to attract someone, they can dress modestly and have a normal body

who am I kidding here, it's just another ploy to sell sell sell. I'm assuming that what games, films tv producers think teen boys like big old bouncers . I hope that's not the main reason guys buy this game. Well Il probably get it regardless can't resist anything zelda really, plus it will be nice to play as a woman and well other people then link, don't get me wrong i like link, it's just variety is the spice of life as they say

well as a 17 year old woman I'm glad about that , although I Can't see how anyone would find that clown look sexy. Please don't take this the wrong way jakeford, I'm also really glad someone else saw the heels, they are just , I won't get into a rant, but I'll only say that heels are not meant for walking let alone fighting
    Last edited by tedster1995; May 22, 2014 at 06:27 PM.

I do like that the last few zelda games haven't had ganon has the main villain, no ALBW doesn't count, ganon's control by the villain. and I must say that I like that other villains are just as good as ganon, thought I would like a villain that's a mirror of link, not like a: I am everything you are villain, but a villain that started out as link but something happen to make them the villain, kinda of like a Darth Vader and luke type of thing.

I hope, saria makes appearance in this one, she is immortal and popular among fans, so why of all characters they bring back: malon, Impa, tangle, talon. they never bought her back, or minda. it's a crime I tell'ya.
    Din25:17. "The path of the righteous man is beset on all sides by the inequities of the selfish and the
    tyranny of evil men. Blessed is she who, in the name of charity and good will, shepherds the weak through
    the maw of majora, for she is truly her sisters's keeper and the finder of lost kin. And I will strike
    down upon thee with great vengeance and furious anger those who attempt to poison and destroy my sisters. And you will know my name is DIN when I lay my vengeance upon you.

Well, well, what have we got here?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Take a good look at the leg armor...

Dirty Chai's Avatar Dux Limitis

.. I don't see it.

...I really hope that's not him. Neat symbol he has though.

Am I the only one who thought those "screenshots" looked like they were made in G-Mod?

Link,The Hero; Link is an exceptionally strong soldier in the Royal Army of Hyrule. The power of the Triforce of Courage hides within. He is a kind individual who can speak with fairies and he has within him a strong sense of justify that makes hi firmly stands his ground against evil, even if they are stronger than he.

He mostly uses a nimble battle style that relies on footwork to mess with his opponents. In this game, he can make use of various weapons, but his main weapon will always be a speed-type sword.

Impa, Commanding Officer of the Hyrule Imperial Guard; Impa is the commanding officer of the Hyrule Imperial Guard. She is the attendant and vassal of the Princess Zelda. Leader of a family charged with supporting Hyrule's royal family from the shadows, she cares not for herself, and works exhaustively for the family and the Princess.

Starting from pulling out her long sword back handed, she disposes of her enemies with exact precision in quick, feverish succession. She is a sword master, with precise movements and footwork.

Shia, The Black Witch; An evil witch, who had her good soul chased out of her by dark forces. She has a strong sense of self, clearly states her desires, and a provocative and aggressive personality. She wants to make the whole world hers, but especially she wants to make Link hers.

Wizro, The Dark Sorcerer; A ring that increased its power over many centuries by luring in numerous owners and absorbing their powers, Wizro was reborn as a sorcerer with Shia's dark magic. It has pledged allegiance to Shia, who is effectively its mother, however, it has a tendency to follow those in power thanks to its many experiences.

Wizro will attack with magic pulses like bullets, or magic from up above.

Valga, The Incandescent Evil Warrior; Valga is a close associate of Shia's. He traded his good soul for incredible strength in a deal with her. Differing from Wizro, Valga will face you head on like a true soldier, believing he can win. He looks for strong opponents and 'heats up' any battle he is in.

Sorry for the bad grammar, I just copy pasted. I think it was translated by someone who's native language is Japanese

Quote Originally Posted by Bastard Feudalism View Post
    .. I don't see it.
    That's probably my fault, I should have said tigh.

Quote Originally Posted by Encablossa View Post
    ...I really hope that's not him. Neat symbol he has though.
    Well, given this:

Quote Originally Posted by rik209 View Post
    Valga, The Incandescent Evil Warrior; Valga is a close associate of Shia's. He traded his good soul for incredible strength in a deal with her. Differing from Wizro, Valga will face you head on like a true soldier, believing he can win. He looks for strong opponents and 'heats up' any battle he is in.
    It seems rather unlikely. At most, it could be a new incarnation of him. I'm more inclined to think direct descendant though ('course it could well be both).

You know, given that this is one rare game in which we don't always have to play as Link, it would be pretty awesome if it turned out that the dragon skull he bears is not Volvagia's and that, through it and dark magic, Valga himself transforms and is revealed to be the true original Volvagia, oppressor of the Gorons, so that we get to kill him while playing as the hero Darunia spoke about, armed with the Megaton Hammer.

...one can dream, right?
    Last edited by Duke Serkol; May 23, 2014 at 12:14 PM.

Some official artwork.
    Also, Shia is now known as Cia.

Senator

Not gonna lie....I do like that cape.

Apparently the rest of the internet sees no issue with Impa's design (and pretty much everything else).

Also, supposedly this game's "Treasure Box" version is the top selling game on Amazon right now?
    Someone claimed that on Kotaku, but I looked myself and I see nothing about that; Still, a bit disconcerting.

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Bastard Feudalism View Post
    Apparently the rest of the internet sees no issue with Impa's design (and pretty much everything else).
    Yeah I've seen pretty much nothing but universal praise for Impa's character breaking impractical oversized sword. Figures.

Very upsetting.
    I bet another franchise getting this treatment would be an outrage, but Zelda isn't taken seriously by most people.

Now I'm really hoping there's a new Zelda game at E3 that takes away this game's fire.
    Last edited by Dirty Chai; May 23, 2014 at 02:28 PM.

Neph, I am totally behind you if you decide to stage a coup at Nintendo HQ and seize control of the LoZ series

UndyingNephalim's Avatar Primicerius
    Patrician Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by WindGuru View Post
    Neph, I am totally behind you if you decide to stage a coup at Nintendo HQ and seize control of the LoZ series
    I'd love to own the series, but I'd not have anywhere near the finances for such a thing assuming Nintendo went the way of THQ and sold off its franchises. The Zelda IP would sell for billions of yen. There are so many developers and studios that would want to get their hands on it that it would probably be sold off before the public was even aware it was being sold off. I honestly don't think Nintendo will end up like that though, they're just going to be the next Sega.

Anyway, despite my naysaying gripes about Cia being too boobaliscious I'll reserve making any dealbreaker judgements until Hyrule Warriors is out.

I will buy a Wii U if I see a new & promising Zelda at E3, Nintendo.
    I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by WindGuru View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by UndyingNephalim View Post
    I'd love to own the series, but I'd not have anywhere near the finances for such a thing assuming Nintendo went the way of THQ and sold off its franchises.
    That is NOT how you coup Sir.