Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Roma Surrectum - Building an Empire - Disscusion

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Default Roma Surrectum - Building an Empire - Disscusion

"Roma Surrectum"...which means "Rome Arises", is a full conversion for RTW1.5, with campaigns from 280BC-200AD.

Here are some features of this mod:

1. Three provincial campaign maps, two using IceTorgue's (enhanced by Webbird) large map, and one using Mundus Magnus 3 map....the first two have United Romans and United Rome with Senate, Mundus is United Rome.
    2. Numerous goodies that are pretty much expected in a mod, Skymod by Archer, Prometheus Grass, Darth's formations and Sinuhet's AI 7.0 formations, tree mods, vegetation, etc.
    3. Rome's Legions....ALL of them..with the exceptions of one that never fought a battle and was disbanded, and XVII, XVIII and XIX..which were destroyed in a German forest in 9AD, and had no names. All the other legions are named with their full names and titles...35 in all.
    4. Each of the 35 Legions has it's own Standard, with it's own historical symbol and name on that Standard (as far as is known).
    5. The Legions will be recruited in various AOR's via a new building called a Roman Military Base, which can be built only in ten selected areas.
    6. The Legions use Riczu's Romans, and each has it's own history in game(as far as is known).
    7. There are 12 numbered 'Republican Legions'..consisting of Hastati, Principe, and Triarii Manipals..using a common 'SPQR' standard..recruitable in 12 different AOR regions, and using a total of nine different models for variety, with matching Unit-cards.
    8. 12 'transitional' Republican Legion '1st Cohorts' that appear at a later time to carry the 'eagle standard', and represent a gradual change in the Roman military and it's legions.
    9. Added three Roman 'units'..Roman Governor, Roman Counsul, Roman Praetor Vicarius with foot-soldier bodyguards who are the governors of cities and regional areas and territories...(freeing real Generals to fight!).
    10. Four 'new' factions, using converted scipii ,julii, Thrace and Numidia. They are Epirus, the Kingdom of Syracuse, the Kingdom of Cimmerian Bosporun, and the Kingdom of Pergamum...all Greek factions.
    11. Egypt has been almost totally converted to it's historical 'greek' self of the time. New units, standards, etc.
    12. Carthage has been heavily revamped with new units, standards, niceties.
    13. Every faction has had all units reskinned..thanks to Webbird's kind permission, and most have new units, AOR systems, etc.
    14. Almost all building levels can now be built by all factions, including Barbarians. So all have many new buildings, BI buildings brought over into RTW, new 'Warport' level for ships with AOR, and several new buildings for Romans.
    15. All factions are limited...or shall I say..'handicapped' by an AOR system that prevents the building of more elite units outside their known area of influence. It balances the game, and prevents lightening fast expansion by one 'super-power' that overwhelms all the others.
    16. Various AOR units are available for all factions in captured areas, and many new mercenaries included.
    17. All factions have 'reforms' of a sort to change their military somewhat and make more 'time-period' common-sense type units available to them....assuming they survive to the later stages of the game.
    18. Many, many changes to things that would affect economy, building and unit costs, and building times. Upper level buildings are very expensive and take longer to build.
    19. Unit strengthshave been balanced, so that almost any faction will have a chance of winning. Also, with Sinuhet's new AI configuration, every battle is a real fight, and you'll get a bloody nose no matter who you are!
    20. Unit recruitment is now '0'...but a '1' turn EDU.txt will be provided as well.
    21. Character movements are greatly INCREASED in this mod. The change has helped correct the issue of many AI armies getting 'stuck' or abandoned, only to have more show up in the same place, and suffer the same fate.
    22. Many other tweaks, but no scripts.
    23. New faction symbols, banners, etc. thanks to many RTW modders.

This Mod is in Beta testing now, so look for a release very soon.
    Last edited by dvk901; February 22, 2007 at 10:09 PM.

spirit_of_rob's Avatar The force is my ally

Default Re: Roma Surrectum - Building an Empire

to post images u need to upload to imageshack.us or a smilar site then take the links it gives you and post them in the threads
    Former Skinner/Modeller for EB Former Skinner/Modeller for Hegemonia

Patrician Opifex under the patronage of Basileos Leandros I and patron of the Opifex Tone

Invoker's Avatar Philosopher-King

Wow, if you really did all that work by yourself, I salute you. Will have to give it a try, as soon as I have an open installation of RTW. Right now I've got 4, 3 with mods, and my HD is getting full...

Oh, and picture 2 in your zip file is really awesome. Where'd the design come from, did you make it yourself or what? One of the coolest images I've seen in a while.
    Servant in the House of Siblesz under the Patronage of the fallen Crandar.

Very nice.
    I hope you'll get an own sub-forum on twc.

Pwn or be pwnd

this looks awesome, i must try it! all this by urself?!? damm, good show!
    When You Walk Through A Storm, Hold Your Head Up High!
    And Don't Be Afraid Of The Dark, At The End Of A Storm Is A Golden Sky And The Sweet Silver Song Of The Lark...
    Walk On, Through The Wind
    Walk On, Through The Rain
    Tho' Your Dreams Be Tossed And Blown
    Walk On, Walk On, With Hope In Your Hearts, And You'll Never Walk Alone

YOU'LL NEVER WALK ALONE!!!

Cyrus the Virus's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Sounds like you have put some big effort in it. Alone too.

"And the Heavens Shall Tremble"
    Resistance is futile™

"ehn sewr traih-sluyrds-lairareh"

God's Avatar Shnitzled In The Negev

This mod looks amazing! Please finish it soon, I want to try it...

(Although my computer probably won't be able to run it properly )

WOW is all i can say really. if you did all that by yourself and actually complete it as you said. you will be a legand in my eyes. -Leon
    EDIT: a 1 turn recruit text would be nice as well. as im not fond of the spqr type game. No offense of course.

Patrician

Well, I'm new to this uploading so, so sorry if it's a bust Here's a pic of Legio XII Fulminata....it was called 'The Lightening Legion', so it's symbol is lightening. Directly behind it is V Alaudae, who's symbol was an elephant...awarded for a valiant stand against an elephant charge in battle.

Dang! It worked! Here's some of Rome's unit cards:

Couple more: Triarii and the Mundus Magnus map

Triarii and the IceTorque Large map:

Last edited by dvk901; October 05, 2006 at 02:28 PM.

Looks and sounds very interessting. Please make it available to the community. I would certainly try it out.

good job man, ill help you test it, of you want

Patrician

I will do all I can to do that....working hard to finish. And thanks 'spirit_of_rob' for the tip on how to post images. I had no clue.

very nice indeed
    These fine gentlemen's have thanks to their consistent idiotic posts have earned their place on my ignore list: mrmouth, The Illusionist, motiv-8, mongrel, azoth, thorn777 and elfdude. If you want to join their honourable rank you just have to post idiotic posts and you will get there in no time.

Very nice. Will you keep 3 roman families, or make a unified rome so that you can get two new extra factions?

EDIT: Sorry, dumb me, just re-read first post
    Last edited by Tyr; October 01, 2006 at 05:07 PM.
    What do we mean by patriotism in the context of our times? I venture to suggest that what we mean is a sense of national responsibility ... a patriotism which is not short, frenzied outbursts of emotion, but the tranquil and steady dedication of a lifetime.

selenius4tsd's Avatar Happiness Is A Warm Gun

I'd say dvk901 deserves a rep bonus after all that hard work, fellas?
    Great work! Keep it up man!

From what little I've seen, this looks like it could be quite promising.

Turkeys!'s Avatar Praepositus

Wow the trarii look so awesome!
    Like Neverwinter Nights? Wondering where to go now that the old NWN Vault is gone? Come visit the new one at http://neverwintervault.org/!

looking very promising. I'll download for sure.
    A Mod for Med2 Kingdoms:

THERA:REDUX

Click here:
    https://www.moddb.com/mods/thera-redux

awesome man u did all that by urself.. great job, ofcourse i will download it when its finish

Vanquisher's Avatar Campidoctor

Well, done I am very jeolous of you. I have just begun to form my own mod that is very similar to the type of changes you are making, seems you have got here before me! Would welcome tips etc, btw, haven't read your 1st post properly, have you reskined all the units too? I am trying to do the same sort of thing like a complete overhaul (everything changed by using a mixture of all the best work put together from the modders over the last years) like a culmination of all their fabulous work with the rest of the in-between gameplay etc bits done by myslelf It's more a personal mod really and will never be stopped as it is like a quest of mine (I care not how long it will take). Darn man well done you should be proud of yourself how long have you been doing this for and how far into the project are you?

EDIT: Sorry no need to answer some of this now I have read the first post
    Last edited by Vanquisher; October 01, 2006 at 06:02 PM.

Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast