Feel free to move this if there is a better section. I considered other games but at least this forum has tabletop stuff in I want to run a quick roleplaying game at Xmas set in a pub. I got the idea from a friend who saw it in White dwarf 11, but I don't have the rules. Basically though i want to give each player a mission (I.e. Get the gamblers gold ring) and they can use any tactics to acheive it. Only each players mission will bring them into conflict with each other, or NPC's and eventually it breaks out into a brawl. I will probably use d&d 3.5, pathfinder, or runequest as the base system because we are most familiar with them, but they are all very slow systems for weapons based systems. I'm sure you know bar fights are quick and chaotic, so I want a ruleset that reflects this. So, any ideas / suggestions for 1) quests for the players2) good combat rules3) any other rules, I.e. Deciding victory. I'm considering a deck if mission cards with things like 'get drunk' or 'chat up the elf waitress' on. First to collect 10 wins. I want it to be about more than just fighting. People using tactics, scheming, diplomacy and various skills rather than just a punch up, but with the possibility of a punch up there so that if they mess up hits the fan quickly.