Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Patch 8 and 8.1 discussion thread

simplemind07's Avatar Tiro

Default Patch 8 and 8.1 discussion thread

http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_ROME_II:_Patch_8_1

Here is the patch 8.1 that will soon be released or so, to me it adsess alot of the siege ai problem and a hopefully a better siege battle

Patch 8.1

Gameplay Improvements

Campaign

• Improved AI parameter balancing: increased tactical focus and aggression, especially for major factions in both Grand Campaign and Gaul Campaign.

• Improved campaign AI raiding behaviour. AI factions are now more likely to raid during campaigns.

Battle

• Siege artillery now uses flaming projectiles appropriately (when attacking walls and towers).

• Fixed an issue in siege battle AI which could lead to the general's unit exposing itself to attack when trying to use its special abilities to support assaulting units on walls.

• Fixed a pathfinding issue which could cause units to retreat from siege towers and ladders once they had docked to walls. This was most common with AI units due to the sequence in which it issues unit orders.

• Fixed a range of issues with the AI's interaction with walls in siege battles, enabling the AI to conduct a more effective assault using siege towers and ladders.

• Improved the tactical co-ordination between different sub-groups of units when assaulting the walls in siege battles. When the AI attempts to enter the settlement via the gates, it is now able to do a better job of first eliminating the threat of boiling oil.

• Fixed an issue which caused units to march off in a random direction when reforming on a siege tower.

• Improved the behaviour of units when a unit on the ground is ordered to melee-attack a unit on the walls.

• Boiling oil no longer causes incendiary damage (so won’t burn battering rams for example).

• Improved pathfinding when attacking units on walls with units on the ground or vice versa.

• Improved attacking siege AI’s interaction with walls, and its use of battering rams.
    Love is like peeing in your pants, everyone can see it but only YOU can feel the warmth.
    WE have no limit. Saying so is just a pathetic excuse of giving up!

Default Re: Patch 8.1

Am cautiously excited. I'm looking forward to a new campaign and so far the only thing which REALLY irks me is the siege AI. If they fix it I'll go on and complete a third campaign
    I salute those who took the Hungarian Phrasebook simply because of the quote!

GRANTO's Avatar Domesticus

Default Rome 2.8.1 Total war

that is the title of the game at this moment...
    its like a mod or something that we are beta testing....heres a thought....
    in a few more patches it may become ROME 3.0 TOTAL WAR .....

Campidoctor

Default Re: Rome 2.8.1 Total war

Then maybe you will have to pay full price again
    The game development business is one of bottomless greed, pitiless cruelty, venal treachery, rampant competition, low politics and boundless personal ambition. New game series are rising, and others are starting their long slide into obscurity and defeat.

Decanus

Yeah, I know what you mean. Soon, hopefully, we might have an actual release version to play!

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

2.8.1?

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

or is it rome 2.1.8.1.958475834573485748564856485485485485

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    Then maybe you will have to pay full price again
    yes £59.99

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

just look at this picture!!!! it tells me this game is made by clear amateurs that dont care,a bridge flouting in mid air? How the Hell is this game made,im finished with it for now,i tryed to enjoy but the love is not cumming.
    Last edited by tungri_centurio; December 18, 2013 at 05:30 PM.
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

omzdog's Avatar Campidoctor

Rome 3.0 Changelog

More "the men are wavering" warnings
    More use of torches
    Random BAI decision making
    More declarations of war against player from distant AI

Quote Originally Posted by GRANTO View Post
    that is the title of the game at this moment...
    its like a mod or something that we are beta testing....heres a thought....
    in a few more patches it may become ROME 3.0 TOTAL WAR .....
    Where did you get you supposed "title" from?

I don't see that in my particular version.
    hellas1

Default Re: Patch 8.1

Quote Originally Posted by simplemind07 View Post
    http://wiki.totalwar.com/w/Total_War_ROME_II:_Patch_8_1

Here is the patch 8.1 that will soon be released or so, to me it adsess alot of the siege ai problem and a hopefully a better siege battle

Patch 8.1

Gameplay Improvements

Campaign

• Improved AI parameter balancing: increased tactical focus and aggression, especially for major factions in both Grand Campaign and Gaul Campaign.

• Improved campaign AI raiding behaviour. AI factions are now more likely to raid during campaigns.

Battle

• Siege artillery now uses flaming projectiles appropriately (when attacking walls and towers).

• Fixed an issue in siege battle AI which could lead to the general's unit exposing itself to attack when trying to use its special abilities to support assaulting units on walls.

• Fixed a pathfinding issue which could cause units to retreat from siege towers and ladders once they had docked to walls. This was most common with AI units due to the sequence in which it issues unit orders.

• Fixed a range of issues with the AI's interaction with walls in siege battles, enabling the AI to conduct a more effective assault using siege towers and ladders.

• Improved the tactical co-ordination between different sub-groups of units when assaulting the walls in siege battles. When the AI attempts to enter the settlement via the gates, it is now able to do a better job of first eliminating the threat of boiling oil.

• Fixed an issue which caused units to march off in a random direction when reforming on a siege tower.

• Improved the behaviour of units when a unit on the ground is ordered to melee-attack a unit on the walls.

• Boiling oil no longer causes incendiary damage (so won’t burn battering rams for example).

• Improved pathfinding when attacking units on walls with units on the ground or vice versa.

• Improved attacking siege AI’s interaction with walls, and its use of battering rams.
    This is a wiki, not the official site.

Can you find us the REAL patch 8.1 notes?

hellas1

SamueleD's Avatar Campidoctor

Default Has anyone at CA even tested Patch 8?

Now, I wouldn't want to tell anyone how to do their jobs, but it is my understanding that, among modders, when you add a new feature to the game, like a building chain, you actually check to see whether it actually works and can be used, correct? You change a couple of things in the db tables and then you launch the game to see if the effects are the ones you intended, standard drill, right?

Well, apparently back at CA that's not how they do things, since nobody bothered to check if their latest additions to the game were actually working, if they did, they would have realized that the newly added Quarry building chain (available to all factions, in every minor settlement according to patch notes and encyclopaedia), is nowhere to be found.

Arrow2daknee's Avatar Vicarius

Default Re: Has anyone at CA even tested Patch 8?

They would have realized that the Galatian Spearmen in CIG were as fast as light cav....

How could they not play a battle with an ENTIRE UNIT?! They might have fixed it by now but it still baffles me how they managed to mess up an entire unit like that, they are like Roadrunners.

They must not play their own game...

Does the quarry not show up in towns that have a mine-able resource like Iron, Copper, Gold?

It's not like they have added tons of new stuff in the patch, yes, they had the new campaign DLC to test, but, seriously, no time to test a building chain and a couple of new units? How many people are working at CA? 5?
    CA, you had one job, one ing job!

Quote Originally Posted by sgthunter View Post
    Does the quarry not show up in towns that have a mine-able resource like Iron, Copper, Gold?
    Technically there is nothing in the encyclopaedia or patch notes that indicates the Quarry needs mine-able resources to be built, and even if it did 1)It should have been said in the patch notes or encyclopaedia, 2)Even settlements with mine-able resources can't build it anyway.

And for the record: the Quarry building chain is supposed to be an industrial building chain, available in minor settlements, not a main building for the settlement (like the buildings that produce tradable goods and resources, which are the village main building).
    Last edited by SamueleD; December 18, 2013 at 05:57 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Arrow2daknee View Post
    They must not play their own game...
    Don't blame them.

LOL your suprised they didnt test the DLC when the didnt test the main game?

Quote Originally Posted by Tyso3 View Post
    LOL your suprised they didnt test the DLC when the didnt test the main game?
    I'm talking about the patch, not the DLC, I don't have the DLC.
    Not having extensively tested a whole huge game is one thing, not having tested a specific and fairly short list of changes and additions to said game before releasing them is another, any novice modder would have done better.
    Hell, they even delayed the DLC release date to supposedly "squeeze more fixes in the accompanying patch", well, lucky they did, who knows what else would have been broken if not, maybe you would find Baktria in CiG.
    Last edited by SamueleD; December 18, 2013 at 06:05 PM.

15 Racoons tied into chairs and forced to play Rome total war 2 would no doubt eat eachother after 10 mins testing the game.

And even the above statement would result in better gameplay then NOT TESTING IT AT ALL

Page 1 of 9 123456789 LastLast