Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: [submod] - fire at will for roman legionary units updated for 0.95

Default Re: fire at will with gladius default weapon submod

Can you make a steam workshop version?

because i installed the mod, but without succes.

And i play multyplayer, and so i need to toggle the mods in the mod menager.

Senator

Ok but i think a lot of players will be confused and try to use it with the base game. Actually that sounds entertaining.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

ah yeah. id did not think about that...

sorry ^^"

So does this not have the animation of them holding the pilum? Also, to they fire at will or do I have to order them to fire
    ITS ME "THE DUDE" AND I STILL HATE ELEPHANTS!!!!!

https://www.youtube.com/thegamersdude1

Quote Originally Posted by Ant909 View Post
    Also, to they fire at will or do I have to order them to fire
    What is the name of the submod, again?

I would put on steam, you'll get better penetration of your mod and better feedback as well...
    Last edited by Bslade; December 25, 2013 at 11:22 AM.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Ant909 View Post
    So does this not have the animation of them holding the pilum? Also, to they fire at will or do I have to order them to fire
    when they start battle they will be holding their gladius rather than their pilum just like in rome 1.

they do have fire at will again just like in rome 1.

Hey does this mod take of guard because my guys start chasing after everyone after they defeat them

Senator

i just tested a battle without this sub mod and my units still chase down enemy units after they defeat them. as far as im aware the only way to enable guard mode is to use shield wall formations like fulcum or phalanx.

ok....

Thank you for mod. But currently it works only for romans. How about the other sword and javelin infantry? Are you going to add fire at will for all units?

Senator

the thing is the ai isnt able to use fire at will infantry like the player. i can release a version that only adds fire at will for player factions though but that wouldnt be very historical.

im also going to make a new version with the throw pila/throw pila on the charge ability for the romans like in AGA and if possible another version which will only give polybian units the throw pila ability with marian and imperial cohorts units only having fire at will.

Quote Originally Posted by lesterthenerd View Post
    the thing is the ai isnt able to use fire at will infantry like the player. i can release a version that only adds fire at will for player factions though but that wouldnt be very historical.

im also going to make a new version with the throw pila/throw pila on the charge ability for the romans like in AGA and if possible another version which will only give polybian units the throw pila ability with marian and imperial cohorts units only having fire at will.
    Nice, I liked the one in AGA.

But why this difference between Polybian/Marian/Imperial ?

Can this be extended to all units with ammo? Like macedonian royal peltats ~~
    UPC project - Spanish assistant-translator - No longer

It seems that the mod is not compatible with the latest version of Divide et Impera. Rome 2 crashes to the desktop. And yes, I would like to mod adds the ability to throw javelins all heavy infantry with javelins in the game. Thx for the mod, dude))

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

How might I edit this so that they hold their Pila until I switch on Melee Mode?

Also it doesn't seem that they actually fire 'at will' - they seem to only fire when I tell them to attack. They can't stand stationary, throw their pila, and receive a charge (like in RTW). Perhaps it's because the range is so small that the time between an enemy unit coming into range and reaching the Hastati (or whatever they may be) is not enough for the unit to get ready and throw it's pila.

Or perhaps I'm not looking hard enough.

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post
    How might I edit this so that they hold their Pila until I switch on Melee Mode?

Also it doesn't seem that they actually fire 'at will' - they seem to only fire when I tell them to attack. They can't stand stationary, throw their pila, and receive a charge (like in RTW). Perhaps it's because the range is so small that the time between an enemy unit coming into range and reaching the Hastati (or whatever they may be) is not enough for the unit to get ready and throw it's pila.

I've been playing as Rome for some time now with this submod and my roman infantery have no trouble throwing their pilas as soon as an enemy is within range. However due to the reasonably short distance they can throw one doesn't necessarily have time to notice it if you aren't looking for it.

Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Julio-Claudian View Post

they do fire at will without having to click on an enemy unit. i might increase the range of pilum by 10 though and increase the range of javelin units by the same amount.

currently updating for latest del version. will finish in a few minutes i guess.
    Last edited by lesterthenerd; December 31, 2013 at 07:09 AM.

Does this awesome mod work with .j version?

Julio-Claudian's Avatar Senator

Why do mods with no conflicts such as this one and the 'matched combat be gone' mod cause the game to crash when I try to use them again, having originally worked before I removed them?

Senator

It should. Ill try to update it later at work atm.

Im not sure why it causes your game to crash. I was using matched combat be gone with this submod when i last played r2 a few days ago.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast