Thread: The Annoying Advisor

Default The Annoying Advisor

First off Ramon and all the IBFD team: Excellent job! I've been playing your mod as the patched v4 for awhile now, but didn't upgrade until now. This is absoloutely superb, superb, superb! I've only briefly checked it out, as I spent most of yesterday making my own text modifications to your mod (for personal use only, of course), but I am extremely excited. It's like a whole new game.

Anyway, the one thing I'd like to get rid of is the annoying advisor. I start a campaign, do NOT check the advisor box, yet she still comes up as soon as I enter a campaign. How do I stop it from starting?

Second, I read in the main thread that there are 4 turns per year, but that a script has to be activated. Did I understand that right? If so, how do I activate it?

Edit: I thought of the third question... sorry, but that is it, lol. I noticed you credit Signifier One for his animations, but looking through descr/model/battle.text, I don't see S1's animations in use. Would the game play if I put his animations in the animations folder and then edit the descr/model/battle.text file with his "s1" in the appropriate places? In version 4 I had the purely Roman sword units as s1 gladius. Would that still work? I know the comitatenses and palatina do not have gladius anymore, but I liked the way in which the animation had them fight and stand relaxed.

Thanks, and keep up the awesome work!
    Last edited by AveCaesar; September 29, 2006 at 09:24 AM.

No, that isn't a banana

Default Re: The Annoying Advisor

In order to activate the 4TPY, you actually need to click the advisor! I think that's the only way it can work.

Ok great, thanks! That answers questions 1& 2. In order to have 4 turns per year I have to put up with the advisor I guess? Or can it be turned off after activating 4tpy?

No, that isn't a banana

I'm not sure - I have gotten used to the guy so I don't even notice anymore - might be worth trying to disbale advise after the fact, what's the worst that could happen?

You will need to click on the advisor each time you re-load the game though in order to re-activate teh script.

Just put your game on no advisor in the setup menu before starting the campaing.
    The advisor at the beginning should still turn up. You then just click the "show me how" button and the script is activated.

If he does for any reason not turn up...just open any menu in the game, for example your faction overview screen and click the "?" sign on the top right of the box...voilą madame arrive...

That should usually always work. At least it works for me...
    From the pride and arrogance of the Romans nothing is sacred. But the vindictive gods are now at hand. On this spot we must either conquer, or die with glory (Boudiccas Speech, Tacitus, Annals, XIV, 35)

under Patronage of Emperor Dimitricus, Granddaughter of the Black Prince.

Thanks much to both of you! I understand the advisor and "show me how" much better now. Can anyone tell me anything about the s1 animations (question #3)?

Ramon Gonzales y Garcia's Avatar Nobleza y Valor

Quote Originally Posted by AveCaesar
    Thanks much to both of you! I understand the advisor and "show me how" much better now.
    the advisor should stop popping up once u have activated the script, unless ur advisor level is high

Can anyone tell me anything about the s1 animations (question #3)?
    I am using EB's animations. u can put in S1's animations, but u'd have to remove all EB animations for that to work.
    Ramon Gonzales y Garcia

INVASIO BARBARORVM II

Proud patron of Riothamus, Pompeius Magnus and SeniorBatavianHorse
    If we had gone so far, it is because we stand on the shoulders of giants