Thread: Bactria as a swap faction (?)

Default Bactria as a swap faction (?)

Perhaps this is just a fanboy´s wishful thinking but I would love to see the Greco-Bactrian Kingdom in the mod. The current map engulfs most of the bactrians western posessions (perhaps even the important bactrian city of Demetrias) and I think it would more of a challenge for both Parthians and the Seleucids (more for the Parthians) in the war ofr the East, besides it would offer the players with an awesome variaty of both Eastern, Nomadic and Hellenistic Units.

Again, this is probably already been considered and discarted, and its quite unlikely to be aadressed. But well I just wanted to give it a try...

Default Re: Bactria as a swap faction (?)

There is a city limit (200 city, 199 have to be land and 1 sea) and I don't think they are going to expand the map.

It would require them to remove cities from the west and put new ones in the east. I am sure there is a problem with that

somewhere along the line. can't put my finger on it.
    Last edited by Spartan999; December 14, 2013 at 11:20 AM.

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

Well...don't totally give up on me\us. Bactria was one faction that was discussed 'at length' by our team in the early stages of development. However, there were a couple very good reasons for not including them.....the first of which was that our map did not go far enough east to accurately portray that area. The second reason was that Bactria, aside from very sketchy information, had nothing to do with the Romans. Our determining factors, in fact, regarding any faction we chose, was whether or not they actually played any part in the history or politics or wars with the Romans. That didn't make some people very happy, but given the limited numbers of faction slots in RTW, you have to have some 'qualifying factor' for choosing factions...that was ours.

On the other hand, I have always kept it in mind that some people liked the idea of Bactria, and we always knew that they were a very interesting mix of Greek and eastern culture that was unique from the Parthians and the Seleucids. So I have been working on another version of RS2, called 'RS2 Lite', that has a different map that does in fact go further east, and have created there a faction called Bactria. It is in this new version that I have been testing some of the changes I want to make to the Roman campaigns...it just isn't finished yet. I have too much on plate right now.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

That would be so cool. I think if you can make that, it would be much more awesome than in EB. Let's me think what units they could have in RSII...

Include the Achaean League as a swap faction!
    "Aristotle dines when it seems good to King Philip, but Diogenes when he himself pleases."