Thread: Many questions about this Great Mod!

Default Many questions about this Great Mod!

Hello to everyone! This is my first post here(although I am aware about this mod for many years now and I have spend so much time playing and enjoying it) and I am not sure is this the right place to post. Anyway, let me expose my problems I encountered recently..

Default Re: Many questions about this Great Mod!

I wrote a long post, wich I wasn't allowed to post due to some not well understandable reasons and I can't edit my previous one. Sorry for that! Can I send my message to one of moderators to post it for me here, and remove this one and the first one? Thank you!

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

No clue about your posting/editing issues (maybe restrictions for new posters are the culprit; if you have technical issues, i recommend PM a global moderator or post something in the common tech sections of the TWC forum).

Else, you are right here, when you would like to leave posts about ChivTW, as this is the official ChivTW subforum of TWC.

However, note that the original ChivTW released with v1.051 is (practically) the final version.
    Wanna say, you might have the option to discuss etc. about everything you like about the mod, other community oldies or any player and perhaps even a ChivTW team member might step-by.
    But, there won't be a capacity to change anything along custom-ideas and/or thoughts ... why? There is no longer an ongoing development. And honestly, i see also no need, the last version is quite some years old, works technically and gameplay-wise as planned.

Maybe open and active are the FCRC etc. submod versions.
    Last edited by DaVinci; December 18, 2013 at 04:51 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.

Hello to everyone! This is my first post here(although I am aware about this mod for many years now and I have spend so much time playing and enjoying it) and I am not sure is this the right place to post. Anyway, let me expose my problems I encountered recently..

1. I've played the Chivalry 1.5v. only 3 campaigns, but with great pleasure... and pain, because I choosed the hardest factions - Danes, Armenians and Bohemians - and I know that these are not in the center of conception of the mod and are not so interesting-designed, but I consider myself very skilled player at the first total-war-games era(2000-2005), that playing with the classical strong factions like France or HRE or Byzantine E are not so challenging, therefore - not so fun. That is why I almost ever choose the weakest factions to play with(always on VH/VH) and in this case I completed the Danes and Armenians campaigns fast enough and abandon them, BUT the Bohemians.. the Bohemians took my heart and MY TIME! I am playing this campaing(VH/VH) for more than 2 years(with great breaks by several months of course), completed the victory conditions long ago, but continued to play, because for first time I felt compelled to achieve 100% world domination. Also to add more realism, to raise the challenge-level and to make the game more exciting I invent some tricks to hinder my progress throughout campaign wittingly to compensate the lack of some scripting - vanilla & modded - and imperfect AI(means: in some aspects of the game I play against myself on purpose). For example:
    - I never change my capital, nevertheless in wich direction the kingdom expands and is it comfortable to reduce the corruption or public disorder or not- it is always the city of Prague
    - When I conquer a city Extermination is ONLY possible if both, the culture and official religion differs from my own. Enslaving - only if the culture is the same and religion - different. If the province's religion is christian and the culture is european, or even only the religion is christian - I am obligated my only choice to be Occupation. (This rule I ignored when I dealed with the Poles, because I consider Bohemians and Poles very close culturaly to each other, although the mod's culture distribution states otherwise. I mean - when I conquered polish pagan provinces, I felt free to enslaved them, and when I conquered polish christian provinces - I had nothing to do, except to Occupy.)
    - I made my own crusade(and 2 or 3 more to assist the first) and established my own petty crusader kingdom in Levante, surrounded by great muslim powers still when my homeland kingdom was struggling for survival against the mighty central european kingdoms. But before the launch of crusade I had to build the last possible church for the current city-level in Prague. Then I gathered all crusading-to-be troops in the capital and only then I send them to the Holly Land. They marched, not sailed... to be more reallistic!
    - Why all this with the crusade? Not only for pilaging and looting, but to gain prestige and authority in front of the Pope, so only when I captured Jerusalem - just then I allowed to myself to annex Rome! And believe me - capturing Jerusalem, whilst fighting against HRE, Pisa, Franks, Poland, Hungary, Byzantines, Fattimids and Turks(VH/VH) was not so easy!
    - When I pillage cities(mostly muslim) I don't demollish any holly buildings, mosques and pilgrim routes, for the money. Except if I decide to conquer it for long time and develop it - then it is possible to remove them because of the culture penalty of these buildings.
    - I never attacked a christian faction first - all wars I am waging against such are "deffensive".. Well, this is a good excuse to annihilate them to the last man at later point!
    - and some more..
    Now, more than 2 years and hundreds of hours dedicated not just to this mod, but especially to this campaign - it's 1185 AD, and I possess more than 100 regions, almost all of Europe and great parts of Asia, I have crushed roughly half of the factions and I want to go further, to the end! - BUT THE GAME START TO CRASH VERY OFTEN! It is impossible to play and I am very disapointed.. I want to finish this campaign much more rather to start the new ROME II adventures
    I don't understand why it crashes - I have tried many ways to remove or just to understand where is the problem, but I faild. I installed new Chiv1.5, installed the whole RomeTW again and then added Chivalry, tried with the 1.51 version... no and NO! When I select some random army or click on the minimap or just even move the screen - it crashes. The last years in the campaign I saved very often, so I decide to try some of the last saves - well, when I tried one 10 turns earlier - it didn't crash! But I don't want to return to this point, because it was very gaming work last turns - my empire is so large now and need attention on many hot points, I conquer by 3-5-6 cities on turn, and even if I decide to start over from a previous savegame - it does not mean that when I come again at the 1185 it won't start crashes again... So, what can I do?

2. I found FCRC several days ago and I installed it - it works perfect, but I can't find a easy way how both - Chivalry and FCRC work together. I reneme the folder of the mod I want to play every time I want to start it, if I played the other for last time. I didn't try with Chiv 1.7, only with the 1.51, because my Bohemian campaign is on 1.5 - the saves are compatible, but the crashing problem remains..

3. About FCRC - Why there are not victory conditions for Tuotonic Order and half of the factions as well? I installed hotfix. but..

Can anyone answer these questions and help solving the problems?

Thank you very much for your attention and especially - for your hard work to create this wonderful, reallistic and challenging mod!

DaVinci's Avatar TW Modder 2005-2016
    Patrician Artifex

The plastic poisoned and d(r)ying surface of planet Earth in before Armageddon

Nice to have still some dedicated fans!

Re 1. You have played deep into campaigns with v1.05, which is outdated, and there is no way to replicate or judge anything on that old build.
    Every update also changes (fixes) some issues. When you have installed 1.051 afterwards, and have loaded a save played with 1.05, then this will be likely the culprit of campaign crashes.
    The only straight way is to install v1.051 properly (full version), and playing that with a new campaign start, or better, then the 1.07 patch on it, and start a new campaign.
    In the moment, names, traits/ancillaries or any kind of map items were changed between the versions, then it still might start an older save, but one cannot expect, that the file changes have not potential for crashes.

Anyways, ChivTW was not only one time played to the "normal" end date by different users, which is iirc. 1222 AD.

Else, it's also possible that you suffer from RTW/BI engine bugs or even OS issues in relation with hardware issues with RTW engine and its mods, which are possible. Ie. since i run a Win7/64 pc, i have had crash issues with RTW mods, some have them, some not. In my experience, a WinXP pc is more save with the RTW engine, but that's subjective.

Re 2. and 3.: FCRC things have to be posted in the FCRC thread section, not in this forum section. Hint: Original ChivTW and FCRC are not supposed to "work" together, they are two different builds and two different installments (when FCRC has a modfolder, then both modfolders can be located into one RTW installation, else: rename the according folder or the folder adress of the shortcut).
    Last edited by DaVinci; December 19, 2013 at 03:53 PM.
    #Anthropocene #not just Global Warming but Global Disaster, NASA #Deforestation #Plastic Emission #The Blob #Uninhabitable Earth #Savest Place On Earth #AMOC #ICAN #MIT study "Falsehoods Win" #Engineers of Chaos
    #"there can be no doubt about it: the enemy stands on the Right!" 1922, by Joseph Wirth.
    Rightwingers, like in the past the epitome of incompetence, except for evilness where they own the mastership.
    Iirc., already 2013 i spoke of "Renaissance of Fascism", it was accurate.
    #"Humanity is in ‘final exam’ as to whether or not it qualifies for continuance in universe." Buckminster Fuller
    Any chance for this exam? Very low, the established Anthropocentrism destroys the basis of existence.
    #My Modding #The Witcher 3: Lore Friendly Tweaks (LFT)
    #End, A diary of the Third World War (A.-A. Guha, 1983) - now, it started on 24th February 2022.