Thread: Help required by DAC players with modding experience.

Default Help required by DAC players with modding experience.

Hello, I've recently been playing DAC and i find it, and it's mother mod to be rather fantastic, however i would like the Dunedain units of the Northern Rangers faction to be rather more powerful, as i want to tackle massive armies (20) with rather smalls ones (7-8 units).

So yeah i'm asking if some-one could mod the Dunedain units to have 20 attack (bow or sword or whatever) and 20 defense rating and also 3 hitpoints.maybe give the cavalry 25 charge bonus aswell.

Default Re: Help required by DAC players with modding experience.

While I don't recommend doing that since it basically trivializes the game, you can so so by editing the export_desc_unit file in your data folder in the mod directory. It also contains an adequate explaination of the values and what they mean. GGo check it out!

I should of said, I did try that, but it rendered by game unplayable, it wouldn't load, must of done something wrong.

I suspect you did . If you like you can send it to me and I'll make the changes for you.

That would be great! however.. how do I attach files?

Figured it out, wow.. not smart today.export_descr_unit.txt also could you make the Arthedain (sp?) infantry and cav more powerful as they are elite, just an extra 5 in attack and in defense. Thankyou!

Okay I've got time to do this now. Which units do you specifically want changed? Or do you just want the entire faction changed across the board?

I want the Grey Company changed to be 25 (melee and ranged) and 20 armor, and 4 HP, The Dunedain Bodyguard to be the same.
    Dunedain Rangers, Wardens, Blade Masters all to have 20 attack, 20 armor and 3 HP.
    The Arthedain Royal Cav and the elite infantry 25 attack 30 defense (Cav 20 charge dmg) 3HP.
    all the local units leave the same please.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Questions concerning submods is to be asked in the mods own thread or the Submod section of the forum
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...?1154-Sub-Mods

Questions concerning modding we request is put in the thread for Modding Questions instead of make a new thread
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...nd-Help-Thread

CLOSED

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

* Any moderation considerations are welcome, just send a PM *

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory