Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v9.0 Naval Battles for MP & SP

Default Campaign Naval Battle Crashes

I'm playing with V7.6 and in my campaigns I always get CTD's on the loading screen to naval battles. Any fix?

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Default Re: Campaign Naval Battle Crashes

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferM View Post
    I'm playing with V7.6 and in my campaigns I always get CTD's on the loading screen to naval battles. Any fix?
    Please note the new startup procedures for the Naval battle mod at the beginning of this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-for-MP-amp-SP
    Last edited by Lord Davn; December 28, 2017 at 10:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Davn View Post
    Please note the new startup procedures for the Naval battle mod at the beginning of this thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-for-MP-amp-SP
    I'm not sure what I'm supposed to note? I get crashes on naval battles in campaign, not from the Play Battles screen

Quote Originally Posted by LuciferM View Post
    I'm not sure what I'm supposed to note? I get crashes on naval battles in campaign, not from the Play Battles screen
    Campaign Naval battles work fine on my install. Make sure that you have the files shown below & check the UserScript folder that the spc_user.script file reads as shown:

I have the same problem, as the previous poster, my files and directories are correct but i still get ctds as soon as i play naval battles.

Default Re: NTW3 v7.6 Naval Battles for MP & SP

Hey Lordz,

You must get this a lot but congratulations for your exceptional mods, your effort is really appreciated by us Napoleonic fans!

I will just point out one small but persistent issue - the naval side of things. While you guys put in a huge amount of effort into carefully re-skinning the land units to make them historically accurate, the ship's crews still have their rather sad vanilla skins. Just to point you to some nice patches that deal with this for the British, French and Spanish:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...Naval-Crew-Mod

http://www.moddb.com/mods/la-marine-franaise

http://www.moddb.com/mods/armada-espaola

These are really easy to add in (done it myself) and look pretty nice. Just a suggestion.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 31, 2018 at 10:41 AM.

Thank you for the compliments, the credit goes to Lord Commodore Wesley for his tireless and exceptional work on the naval portion of the NTW3 mods. With your approval then, we will add the French & Spanish naval crew patch to our next release (v7.7). The addition of the British crew mod by Sir Digby & Ahiga will also be a nice addition to the historical look of the three major naval crews.

Yes of course, by all means I give permission to add, modify, expand, etc, my crew mini-mods, would be honoured is there an eta for v7.7, out of curiosity?

Also, was wondering this small thing: the musket fire and smoke effects in 7.6 are beautiful, in classic battle mode. I’d like to add them to campaign mode and for ships, which pack file/table contains them?

Quote Originally Posted by Black Serpent View Post
    Is there an eta for v7.7, out of curiosity?

The musket fire and smoke effects in 7.6 are beautiful, in classic battle mode. I’d like to add them to campaign mode and for ships, which pack file/table contains them?
    Lord Desaix is working on updates for the Historical Battles mod with a completion date by mid February, but we all know how schedules change when it comes to modding. We strive to put out a quality mod so that we do not have to patch it a week after the release

I will have to ask Lord Wesley to check on the tables for the naval guns.

NTW vanilla naval crew

NTW naval mod ~ England Expects! - British Naval Crew Mod by Sir Digby & Ahiga

Last edited by Lord Davn; January 29, 2018 at 10:02 AM.

Lord Desaix is working on updates for the Historical Battles mod with a completion date by mid February, but we all know how schedules change when it comes to modding. We strive to put out a quality mod so that we do not have to patch it a week after the release
    Thanks for your quick reply. Yes indeed, I agree about taking the time to test thoroughly and release a robust and quality mod - I was only asking out of curiosity

Quote Originally Posted by Commodore.Wesley View Post
    I will have to ask Lord Wesley to check on the tables for the naval guns.
    Thanks! As you suggested though, I may contact Lord Wesley directly.

Cheers,
    Black Serpent
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 30, 2018 at 11:20 AM.

France Naval crwe mod by Black Serpent:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...7#post15233897

NTW vanilla French naval crew

Black Serpents French naval crew

Last edited by Lord Davn; January 31, 2018 at 10:49 AM.

Mr.Man's Avatar Civis

I'm also getting the CTD during loadscreen everytime i try to fight a naval battle in my 1805 French Campaign.
    In the immortal words of mr t "Remember kids eat you milk, drink your greens, don't do sleep, and get at least 8 hours of drugs."

Ctd Persistantlu when engaging Swedish fleets containing their 86 ship.
    captured Swedish, Danish and Dutch ships of the the new types don’t repair to full complement of guns

I still feel quite strongly that the french should be able to build a 122 heavu first rate. They built quite a few of these ships, far more so than the British who relied on smaller 106 Forster rates and 98 gun second rates. The Spanish start with a with a number of very heavy ships, but the french have none and no capability to build.

So has anyone found a fix for the naval battles crashing?

Quote Originally Posted by zachman1201 View Post
    So has anyone found a fix for the naval battles crashing?
    Discussed new NTW3 v8.0 release with Lord Wesley and will fix the Swedish 86 gun ship, also adjusted the turn rates for HMS Victory (and other large warships) to make them more responsive.

Discussed new NTW3 v8.0 release with Lord Wesley and will fix the Swedish 86 gun ship, also adjusted the turn rates for HMS Victory (and other large warships) to make them more responsive.
    Has this been fixed? I am crashing everytime i load a naval battle against Sweden.

It looks great ! But how can I increase the accuracy of the ships ?

Quote Originally Posted by Danius View Post
    Has this been fixed? I am crashing every time i load a naval battle against Sweden.
    I had this bug and found the fix after testing various sea battles, the crash occurs only if there is more than one Swedish ship. I though this was not making any sense at first. But in the game the differences between the ships, when in a fleet, lies in its officers. I checked the officers model/soldiers in the ntw3_unit_stats_naval_gf table and found out two entries were (probably unintended) missing.
    - test_naval_captain and test_naval_bosun for the Swedish 74 and 64 third rates

EDIT = I'm running current v8.9 so it seems this was never found or it would have been fixed by now ... Maybe this was in a patch and my installation is incomplete, this is the only bug i encountered that crashed my games. Others were wrong / unfinished unit models and such, nothing bad

EDIT2 = To be very specific, when i say the difference is the officers means when you have two ships in a fleet you might have an admiral and/or a captain, it's not the same model. If it's missing in the ships table but called by the game anyways (which is what happened here = admiral + captains) it crashes to desktop ...

Last edited by Lord Davn; December 14, 2020 at 12:51 PM.

Thank you for your info and help. I've passed this onto Commodore Wesley who modded the Swedish ships and he fixed as you suggested

Last edited by Lord Davn; December 14, 2020 at 07:57 PM.

Default Re: NTW3 v8.9 Naval Battles for MP & SP

Regarding naval recruitment in the 1805 Europe campaign; the three major naval factions, British, French and Spanish all have numerous ports throughout their home regions. We gave each of them 2 drydock facilities to build and repair ships (a shipyard & dock yard), the rest are trade ports.

Lord Wesley provided his expertise on the naval fleets for other factions with considerable size navies. Due to the constraints of the campaign map the Russians, Ottomans, Batavian Republic, Denmark, Sweden have a combination of dry dock and commercial port facilities that are available to them.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast