Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NTW3 v9.0 Naval Battles for MP & SP

Default Re: NTW3 Naval Battles

I have just tried this and it is truly a wonderful piece of work. I see many hours ahead doing "what-if" SP naval battles. Congratulations and continued success.

Default Re: NTW3 Naval Battles

Quote Originally Posted by RustedGun View Post
    I have just tried this and it is truly a wonderful piece of work. I see many hours ahead doing "what-if" SP naval battles. Congratulations and continued success.
    Well thank you for playing it!

Default Re: NTW3 v4.0 Naval Battles

Question about the ships in the mod. I haven't been able to play MP or campaign yet but it just setting up battles vs the AI I've seen that ships often start with less guns than their rate.

For example, I did a 'small' battle and each side had a pair of 74's. But all four of them started the battle as 68/74 (even those the crews were full 185/185 I think).

Any ideas? Does this actually impact their firepower? And if so, do we know which guns show up as 'missing'?

Thanks!

that surprises me, only the English ships lost no guns. if you have pirates they are also cannons the full number.
    (Google translate)

no, not true. the enlischen ships have cannons less.

Lord Davn's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Uncle_Joe View Post
    Question about the ships in the mod. I haven't been able to play MP or campaign yet but it just setting up battles vs the AI I've seen that ships often start with less guns than their rate.
    When Lord Commodore Wesley returns from his visit to England we will look at correcting this issue with the v4 patch. I believe he went there to advise the British Admiralty on some important matters

Naval Patch Update:

-Fixed the missing cannons and crew members. It was due to a missing gun type. Thank you Vilain de Bourg-en-Bresse for finding it out!

SPC

-Fixed the wrong hull textures in the SPC campaign. They should now be identical to the Grand Fleet Mod's textures.

-Enabled the Batavian Republic, Denmark, and Sweden to be able to build 74-gun ships of the Line in the teir 2 trading port.

-Indiamen still have a limit of 2. The Dutch however do start out the campaign with 4 still. The reason that limit is so low is that the Indiamen ship model was obsolete by the time of the Napoleonic Wars. The only reason that I did not take it out altogether is that the Dutch needed some naval units and trade ships. Also the limit for trade ships in general is in place to prevent the game from getting too easy by spamming tons upon tons of trade ships to get all the money. Sorry, but you are going to have to make your people pay their taxes.

If you have any other things that you want to address, then please ask. I'll try my best to answer.

Sorry for being slow but is this naval patch released, if so where, or is this just a info update?

gaunty14's Avatar Vicarius

Where abouts is the fire_risk modifier in the unit_stats_naval table? I'm trying to mod LME4 and I'm having issues finding it amongst the numerous "unknown" columns.
    Last edited by gaunty14; July 28, 2014 at 07:37 PM.

"will help build battle station for food" - or rep

Quote Originally Posted by gaunty14 View Post
    Where is the fire_risk modifier in the unit_stats_naval table?
    The thread in the TWC NTW workshop has links to download the data base definitions table: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...date-Release-2

Don't know if this is a feature or a bug, but I had had on multiple occasions lost admiral on the battle map only for him to reappear on the campaign map after the battle if his flagship wasn't destroyed in the process.

Default Re: NTW3 v5 MP & SP Naval Battles

The NTW3 v5 menu screen selections for Multi-Player and Single Player Naval battles are posted on Page of this thread

roy64's Avatar Tiro

In my SP campaign battles my larger ships don't turn very well. In fact my French 122 gun ship just carry's on in a strait line & never gets involved in any combat. I also have problems trying to turn Ships when they are grouped together. I had three 38 gun frigates grouped together & when I tried to turn them one went strait on one went left and the other went right

Now I only use auto resolve in battles, but if you use that you always get hammered no matter what the odds are. Apart from that I'm lovin the mod.
    Last edited by Lord Davn; December 02, 2014 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by roy64 View Post
    In my SP campaign battles my larger ships don't turn very well. In fact my French 122 gun ship just carry's on in a strait line & never gets involved in any combat. I also have problems trying to turn Ships when they are grouped together. I had three 38 gun frigates grouped together & when I tried to turn them one went strait on one went left and the other went right
    I don't use the group formations. You can set the ships in a group, but do not click on the line astern or line abreast buttons. Naturally when they are in a group and you select them and right click to move them they will automatically try to form a line. I believe what the problem may be is that the AI is trying to make all the ships follow in the same path as the others, and first rate ships of the line are not famous for being maneuverable, thus making the line hardly turn at all.

Also remember that a ship's speed also determines it's ratio to turn. If you want the ships to be the more responsive, do not sail at full sails, but don't go too slow either as that also decreases the turn rate. You have to find that happy medium, which just takes practice.

The Auto-resolve is broken, particularly when you go against Nelson. The problem is that I believe those files are hard coded and we cannot fix them. (The AI has too high of a bonus of quality of Admirals and certain ship types)

Default Re: NTW3 v5 NAVAL Battles MP & SP mods

Everything sounds nice, but the only thing that is miss is the marines and officers correct uniforms!

We'll try to address that with the inevitable patch for the v5 mod to fix some of these minor issues ~Lord Davn
    Last edited by Lord Davn; December 14, 2014 at 09:24 AM.

Please explain the concept of building a fleet for different factions in the SP Campaign. I have built a shipyard for Prussia, but I have opportunity to build only sloop and 24-gun frigate.
    A lot of the changes that we had made to the campaign for NTWIII was to make it more historically realistic.

During the Napoleonic Wars, Prussia did not have a navy at all, and even afterwards Prussia only desired to create a merchant navy. Prussia did once had a tiny navy in the past, but it was lost in the Seven Years War at the Battle of Frisches Haff against Sweden.

Basically, all nations on the coast is allowed to build some small frigates, brigs and sloops, however historically many of these nations did not have navies at all. The Italian States had some ships, and Austria had some frigates as well.

The true naval factions during the Napoleonic Wars were the French, Spanish, Netherlands (Batavian Republic), Portugal, Sweden, Denmark, and the British obviously, however, the Ottoman Empire and Russia also processed large fleets of their own, though primarily in the Black Sea.

The Russian Fleets were known to be in British waters more than some might think during this era.

Sail your ship as part of a fleet. Devs previously worked on: Darthmod, World of Warplanes, World of Tanks, RaceRoom, IL2-Sturmovik, Metro, STALKER and many other great games..

I noticed, the uniforms of the Spanish marines and crews and naval officers are totally wrong.

The naval uniforms for the NTW3 mod have not been changed and uses the uniforms provided by the original vanilla game. ~Lord Davn
    Last edited by Lord Davn; January 18, 2018 at 10:47 PM.

Bran Mac Born's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Single player campaign using Bran settings. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vfwj3czJ6yU

Default Re: NTW3 v7.5 NAVAL Battles MP & SP mods

The NTW3 v7.5 mod includes new warships by Lord Commodore Wesley for the:

Swedish fleet

Danish fleet
    Last edited by Lord Davn; October 09, 2017 at 01:32 PM.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast