Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.7 released 26-04-2015

Quote Originally Posted by SirEyeball View Post
    do you still need pictures or was the log file enough? I need directions to upload pictures here if so?
    It's more the location of the problematic wolves I'm interested in. You could simply describe it too. If I test this bug to see if it is replicable, I want to make sure I battle the same wolves as you did.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

SirEyeball's Avatar Miles

If you follow the road straight east from amun sul you should bump into them. I don't know if they move around but I found them very close to the crossroad with a northbound road.
    I watch and Learn

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by SirEyeball View Post
    If you follow the road straight east from amun sul you should bump into them. I don't know if they move around but I found them very close to the crossroad with a northbound road.
    Found them and it crashes as you say. We will look into it.
    We'll probably release a hotfix today to adress every bug that has been reported.

Edit: Fixed by moving the unit. It was probably a case of Germanicu's AI not being able to deal with that particular unit in that particular spot on that particular battlefield.
    Last edited by Greymane; April 27, 2015 at 01:23 PM.

Boogie Knight's Avatar Biarchus

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    Did you extract the files to your "mods" folder? If you did it should work with this path.
    Yes I did, from what I remember. I was strictly following the instructions and when I was choosing where to extract the files to (I had to download 7zip to do it, as my winzip trial had run out) I clicked the 'mods' folder and selected that. But to be honest I could've made a mistake quite easily, I'm no expert at this stuff.

But now that I look at those folders and files, I find a folder called Third_Age_3 within the folder called Third_Age_3. All the MOS stuff seems to be in the folder that is inside the other. Does this help?

that was fast thx
    I watch and Learn

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Knight View Post
    Yes I did, from what I remember. I was strictly following the instructions and when I was choosing where to extract the files to (I had to download 7zip to do it, as my winzip trial had run out) I clicked the 'mods' folder and selected that. But to be honest I could've made a mistake quite easily, I'm no expert at this stuff.

But now that I look at those folders and files, I find a folder called Third_Age_3 within the folder called Third_Age_3. All the MOS stuff seems to be in the folder that is inside the other. Does this help?
    Yes you need to cut the folder the folder within the folder and paste it so that it overwrites the first folder. then you have a proper install

Quote Originally Posted by Hero of the West View Post
    Yes you need to cut the folder the folder within the folder and paste it so that it overwrites the first folder. then you have a proper install
    Right'o, doing it now. We'll know in about 15 minutes if it's worked or not. Thanks very much for all the help!

EDIT: Might be more like 30 minutes. The estimated time is jumping around quite a lot. 22,842 items apparently. Oh me oh my.
    Last edited by Boogie Knight; April 27, 2015 at 01:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    Found them and it crashes as you say. We will look into it.
    We'll probably release a hotfix today to adress every bug that has been reported.

Edit: Fixed by moving the unit. It was probably a case of Germanicu's AI not being able to deal with that particular unit in that particular spot on that particular battlefield.
    Fantastic so that will be in the hotfix later I bet.
    I watch and Learn

Not to nit pick or anything, but Minas Tirith's Reggion name appears to be misspelled "Pellenor", as it should be "Pelennor"

Hero of the West, you're a star. Pasting the new folder over the old one has allowed me to get into the game. One question though: if you release a hotfix later today or really at any point in the next few weeks, would it be save game compatible? I'd like to know whether I'm safe to start a new game or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Boogie Knight View Post
    Hero of the West, you're a star. Pasting the new folder over the old one has allowed me to get into the game. One question though: if you release a hotfix later today or really at any point in the next few weeks, would it be save game compatible? I'd like to know whether I'm safe to start a new game or not.
    We expect the first bugfix quite soon and it is almost certainly not save game compatible.
    Probably best to wait for it before starting a "serious" campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    We expect the first bugfix quite soon and it is almost certainly not save game compatible.
    Probably best to wait for it before starting a "serious" campaign.
    Will the Cair Andros bug be fixed in that hotfix?? (i.e post 5000)

Hero of the West's Avatar Artifex

Quote Originally Posted by Kleptomayn View Post
    Will the Cair Andros bug be fixed in that hotfix?? (i.e post 5000)
    yes

Quote Originally Posted by sah88 View Post
    I just installed this today, and the game won't open. It exits immediately after the MOS title screen.
    Vanilla TATW was working perfectly fine before I installed this.
    I have Steam version. I installed MOS to "D:\Steam\SteamApps\common\Medieval II Total War\mods" merging and overwriting with Third_Age_3 folder. So I doubt there was anything wrong with my installation.
    But I was just able to solve the issue.
    Earlier I had installed this using the two files on moddb. Just now I did a clean reinstall using the single file posted here and now it works.

Now I shall be off enjoying your work.
    Thank you!

Bugfix

All right gentlemen, finally the bugfix is here. This should fix Cair Andros, the spelling error in Pelennor, the wolves crash and several other small things.
    Also, this sort of allows you guys to use most heroes in custom battles, by running the CG-Launcher.
    Thanks for your patience and we hope this is the last one

Edit: you should be able to install this in exactly the same way as MOS 1.7: just overwrite the Third_Age_3 folder.
    Unfortunately, this bugfix is not savegame compatible. The important stuff isn't, anyway...
    Last edited by Greymane; April 27, 2015 at 06:26 PM. Reason: Not savegame compatible... :(

is it save game compatible? i hope against hope that it is.

Quote Originally Posted by the lightning legion View Post
    is it save game compatible? i hope against hope that it is.
    It is not
    I should have mentioned that.

so few mod patches are its almost a given.

Will give it a whirl thx. I shall report back if there are any more hiccups.
    I watch and Learn

Well I tried to load an earlier save after patching my MOS 1.70 install. It did not crash. I can't guarantee there will be no problems though or that all the fixes will work (correctly) with a saved game.