Page 364 of 364 FirstFirst ... 264314339354355356357358359360361362363364
Results 7,261 to 7,277 of 7277

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Hi mates! Let me say that i enjoy the mos 1.7 very much, my gondor campaign is going great . I have 2 questions though. 1) When arnor is reforged(by the start) i use the fr luncher to change the names of cities, generals ,armie etc. But the actual faction name doesnt appear to change am i doing anything wrong is there any ohter luncher for the faction name. And i read somewhere that you can actually rebuild osgiliath to an actual whole city, can it be done on mos 1.7 and on what conditions?

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

I've played 3 campaigns in the last month, as Rohan, Dwrves, and now as Lorien. in all of mine, Gondor has gotten wrecked. Although Gondor still has a reasonable amount of territory and are (somewhat) holding them now that I have Mordor's attention. Still when an army is parked outside a settlement and could easily take it, they wont. I dont get why that is.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilte View Post
    I am playing as lothlorien atm and in my campaign (42 turns in) gondor is still holding e-osgiliath. Rohan has killed isengard. For me it seems very random how well the Ai does. Just finished a eriador campaign where gondor completley stomped mordor and harad, and this was at around turn 80 when i finally had a stable economy and borders. Sent a diplomat to gondor and asked for map and i was like "ok, everyone is dead" and so is my plans to make a great arnor kingdom
    I've played 3 campaigns in the last month, as Rohan, Dwarves, and now as Lorien. in all of mine, Gondor has gotten wrecked. Although Gondor still has a reasonable amount of territory and are (somewhat) holding them now that I have Mordor's attention. Still when an army is parked outside a settlement and could easily take it, they wont. I dont get why that is. I only recently updated to 1.7, and it didnt seem to be that way in 1.6.2

PS. terribly sorry for the double post. Still learning how to use these forums.

In the description of the mos you say that you use parts of the return of the king submod by Kilic Ali.What parts do you specifically use?What about Gondor and Aragorn?Is there a script which make him king of Gondor on mos 1.7?Thanks

Due to 1.7 broken A.I with the crossings....can i install 1.6.2 without begin from installing from the start?...i went directly from 1.6.1 to 1.7..and i want to try 1.6.2...can i or must i do clean istall again....(hate this )

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by DEMETRIOS O DORIEYS View Post
    Due to 1.7 broken A.I with the crossings....can i install 1.6.2 without begin from installing from the start?...i went directly from 1.6.1 to 1.7..and i want to try 1.6.2...can i or must i do clean istall again....(hate this )
    I don't think the 1.7 AI is broken. From that rather vague remark about crossings I suspect you did not install the patches (correctly).

I'm not sure if you have to do a clean install, but I would certainly recommend it.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

If I wasn't such an amateur with using IWTE then I would have done this myself, but since you already have Leo's Gondor-style towns/cities and castles/fortresses, you guys should seriously consider incorporating Leo's similarly awesome settlements for Arnor. Here's what they look like in his Alternative Patch mod (based on M2TW Northern European castles and cities, whereas Gondor uses Southern European ones as its base):

Arnor wooden castle/castle and fortress settlements:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Arnor large town/city and large city settlements:

Hell, I would do this as a submod if I knew my head from my ass when it comes to using IWTE. Unfortunately I am not that savvy. If only it was a simple copy-and-paste job in the "settlements" folder, but alas, it is not. You have to go into those files and edit them according to culture and faction names, apparently. For that matter, Leo can't even remember which subfolder of the main "settlements" folder he put these particular settlements in! One day, one of you guys should consider finding them and giving Eriador/Arnor a renewed look on the battle map. It would be a real boon to this submod.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by cmasonw0070 View Post
    I've played 3 campaigns in the last month, as Rohan, Dwarves, and now as Lorien. in all of mine, Gondor has gotten wrecked. Although Gondor still has a reasonable amount of territory and are (somewhat) holding them now that I have Mordor's attention. Still when an army is parked outside a settlement and could easily take it, they wont. I dont get why that is. I only recently updated to 1.7, and it didnt seem to be that way in 1.6.2

PS. terribly sorry for the double post. Still learning how to use these forums.
    It probably was that way in 1.62, as this is the way the MedII AI rolls...
    But seriously, considering the hardcoded limits of the game there is only so much even the expert TATW modders could do about the terrible MedII AI, meaning problems like this are a constant and won't be solved anytime soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    If I wasn't such an amateur with using IWTE then I would have done this myself, but since you already have Leo's Gondor-style towns/cities and castles/fortresses, you guys should seriously consider incorporating Leo's similarly awesome settlements for Arnor. Here's what they look like in his Alternative Patch mod (based on M2TW Northern European castles and cities, whereas Gondor uses Southern European ones as its base):

Arnor wooden castle/castle and fortress settlements:

Arnor large town/city and large city settlements:

Hell, I would do this as a submod if I knew my head from my ass when it comes to using IWTE. Unfortunately I am not that savvy. If only it was a simple copy-and-paste job in the "settlements" folder, but alas, it is not. You have to go into those files and edit them according to culture and faction names, apparently. For that matter, Leo can't even remember which subfolder of the main "settlements" folder he put these particular settlements in! One day, one of you guys should consider finding them and giving Eriador/Arnor a renewed look on the battle map. It would be a real boon to this submod.
    Interesting... according to your latest post in Leo's thread, I already told you I can't find the Arnor settlements. I seem to have forgotten, but it is still the case
    It is probably just a simple copy-paste job, as Leo uses the same faction for Arnor as we do (Byzantium), so they might have accidently found their way into MOS already.
    Even so, these are probably not Eriador settlements and if we have put them in, they would only show up once Arnor has emerged and started to upgrade settlements. Have you been able to test this? Or were you playing an Arnor campaign and noticed the lack of these settlements?
    Even if you have to use IWTE, that is pretty easy, if you know what you are doing:
    - Open IWTE
    - Look for 'Edit Worldpackage' in the first tab (Worldfiles) under the words 'paths', 'Terrain 1' and 'Terrain 2'
    - Find the file you want to look at/edit in your documents and open it
    You will then see a couple of important lines: Type (for example: large_town), Culture (Southern_European) and Faction (Moors). This particular example is a Dwarven Large Town. You won't need to touch the 'type' and Culture probably (but I'm not sure) directs to the folder the particular settlement is in and has to correspond. Faction is off course the most important one, as you can use it to give the settlement you are editing to the faction you want. I hope this helps. And that you want to have a look at it

Roma_Victrix's Avatar Call me Ishmael

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    It probably was that way in 1.62, as this is the way the MedII AI rolls...
    But seriously, considering the hardcoded limits of the game there is only so much even the expert TATW modders could do about the terrible MedII AI, meaning problems like this are a constant and won't be solved anytime soon.

Interesting... according to your latest post in Leo's thread, I already told you I can't find the Arnor settlements. I seem to have forgotten, but it is still the case
    It is probably just a simple copy-paste job, as Leo uses the same faction for Arnor as we do (Byzantium), so they might have accidently found their way into MOS already.
    Even so, these are probably not Eriador settlements and if we have put them in, they would only show up once Arnor has emerged and started to upgrade settlements. Have you been able to test this? Or were you playing an Arnor campaign and noticed the lack of these settlements?
    Even if you have to use IWTE, that is pretty easy, if you know what you are doing:
    - Open IWTE
    - Look for 'Edit Worldpackage' in the first tab (Worldfiles) under the words 'paths', 'Terrain 1' and 'Terrain 2'
    - Find the file you want to look at/edit in your documents and open it
    You will then see a couple of important lines: Type (for example: large_town), Culture (Southern_European) and Faction (Moors). This particular example is a Dwarven Large Town. You won't need to touch the 'type' and Culture probably (but I'm not sure) directs to the folder the particular settlement is in and has to correspond. Faction is off course the most important one, as you can use it to give the settlement you are editing to the faction you want. I hope this helps. And that you want to have a look at it
    Cool! Thanks for sharing this. However, I have basically just confirmed that MOS does not have Leo's Arnor settlements, if they were supposed to be tied to the "Byzantium" (i.e. Arnor) faction. I went into the descr_strat file, made a random rebel settlement into a "Byzantium" faction fortress-level castle (i.e. Northern Tharbad just as a test), started a new campaign as Gondor, used the console "~" cheats to move Boromir up there quickly with a generated army, besieged the settlement, and looked at it on the campaign map. Lo and behold, it was not an Arnor-style settlement ala Leo's Alternative patch submod. It was just a regular old M2TW Northern European fortress.

Sometime in the near future, hopefully I will figure all of this out using IWTE and release a mini submod for MOS incorporating Leo's Arnor settlements. Until then, wish me luck.

Good luck.

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by Roma_Victrix View Post
    Cool! Thanks for sharing this. However, I have basically just confirmed that MOS does not have Leo's Arnor settlements, if they were supposed to be tied to the "Byzantium" (i.e. Arnor) faction. I went into the descr_strat file, made a random rebel settlement into a "Byzantium" faction fortress-level castle (i.e. Northern Tharbad just as a test), started a new campaign as Gondor, used the console "~" cheats to move Boromir up there quickly with a generated army, besieged the settlement, and looked at it on the campaign map. Lo and behold, it was not an Arnor-style settlement ala Leo's Alternative patch submod. It was just a regular old M2TW Northern European fortress.

Sometime in the near future, hopefully I will figure all of this out using IWTE and release a mini submod for MOS incorporating Leo's Arnor settlements. Until then, wish me luck.
    That was actually pretty smart
    Unfortunately then there is also nothing more I can do than wish you luck, except if I'm incredibly lucky myself and stumble on Leo's Arnor settlements by accident...

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Delete please.
    Last edited by Veteraan; April 15, 2016 at 03:43 AM.

I have got a really disappointing bug atm:
    whether I attack or defend Cair Andros and want to start the battle, the whole battlemap is kinda "flooded" and automatically ending. It shows the casualities of both sides and ALL units of mine are heavily damaged (drown I guess).
    This makes the game really tough, as I just can autoresolve the battles...

Any idea how to fix this?

Just for info: I do NOT get an CTD for this, everything is "normal" in cases of functionality except the flooded area.

Quote Originally Posted by Zwurkel View Post
    I have got a really disappointing bug atm:
    whether I attack or defend Cair Andros and want to start the battle, the whole battlemap is kinda "flooded" and automatically ending. It shows the casualities of both sides and ALL units of mine are heavily damaged (drown I guess).
    This makes the game really tough, as I just can autoresolve the battles...

Any idea how to fix this?

Just for info: I do NOT get an CTD for this, everything is "normal" in cases of functionality except the flooded area.
    It looks like you did not install the MOS 1.7 all inclusive patch (correctly). Download and install it and your problem should be gone. The fix for Cair Andros is not save game compatible though. That is to say, you can load your old save probably, but the Cair Andros problem will still be there.

Having followed the installation instructions, Third Age will not start. Third Age - Steam.bat cannot find medieval2.exe. Third Age.bat cannot find kingdoms.exe. would anyone please like to help me?

Third Age and MoS were installed over a fresh install of Medieval II Kingdoms, and the Cleaner.bat don't seem to find any old junk to clean away. The installation destination is the steam/steamapp/common/Medieval II one. I chose "move and overwrite" for all conflicts when transfering MoS files to the Third Age folder. Do I miss something obvious, or are run files from the core game itself missing? The Medieval II folder is almost empty, apart from mods, uninstall.exe and a data folder with models_missiles. Could the Third Age installer somehow have deleted the core game files?

Whether or not TA/MoS has anything to do with it or not, my reinstallation of Medieval II Kingdoms on steam yield no different result for its folder... How very odd. Never seen that before. Anyone else who encountered this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    It looks like you did not install the MOS 1.7 all inclusive patch (correctly). Download and install it and your problem should be gone. The fix for Cair Andros is not save game compatible though. That is to say, you can load your old save probably, but the Cair Andros problem will still be there.
    That's strange: as all other "Updates" from 1.7 are working w/o any problem. (Gothmog added, Thengel dead etc.pp. )

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Further discussions are kindly directed to the new MOS thread: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...015-April-15th

Thanks all for a good and long thread!

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory