Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Is there a way to disable the One Ring submod?

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Hey, just ran into some faction heir problem.

Playing as FOE when Araphor (son of aragorn and heir) without any sons fully grown nor brothers to bare the heirdom died together with the book of bilbo which I know is used to change the faction heir with.

Eldacar of Annuminas became automatically heir without the book, he's not apart of the royal family. How do I change the faction heir to someone else? I tried adding the bilbo book ancillary to Halbarad but nothing happends?

Greymane's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by temaire View Post
    Is there a way to disable the One Ring submod?
    You can try to delete in the campaign_script file. Just go here:
    SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Third_Age_3\data\world\maps\campaign\imperial_campaign, open the campaign_script file (with Notepad++) and then delete the "Baron Samedi's Sauron & the One Ring script". The next script that comes up for me is the Help Weakened Factions script, but I play RK, so it might be a little different. Anyway, the one ring script has 5 parts (last one is called something with side-effects) and you should delete all of them. Remember to make a backup in case you mess up!

Quote Originally Posted by 123123123 View Post
    Hey, just ran into some faction heir problem.

Playing as FOE when Araphor (son of aragorn and heir) without any sons fully grown nor brothers to bare the heirdom died together with the book of bilbo which I know is used to change the faction heir with.

Eldacar of Annuminas became automatically heir without the book, he's not apart of the royal family. How do I change the faction heir to someone else? I tried adding the bilbo book ancillary to Halbarad but nothing happends?
    You cannot manually change the faction heir. If Eldacar is your new heir, then when he dies or becomes the faction leader, Halbarad should become the new heir if he carries the book.
    So you should have given Halbarad the book before Araphor died. If the script works as intended, that is...

I didnt folow this submod for a while, can someone tell me how is the progress on next patch doing (if it is) and what features wil be in it. Also wil there be leo's new settlements in?

Stylix is still recovering from an illness and won't be back for some time if at all. Hero is busy with real life at this time. Currently there are two choices if you wish, one is dIRECTORS Cut, and the other is the Reunited Kingdom submod.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Gondor__s_Rainy_Season_by_eviolinist.jpg   ruined dome.jpg   Tower Ruined.jpg   Tower Restored.jpg   Rhudaur Spearmen 1.jpg  

Rhudaur Spearmen 2.jpg   moved Mithril mine.jpg   Moria Fixed.jpg  
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; September 13, 2014 at 08:45 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    Stylix is still recovering from an illness and won't be back for some time if at all. Hero is busy with real life at this time. Currently there are two choices if you wish, one is dIRECTORS Cut, and the other is the Reunited Kingdom submod.
    Are they compatible with the latest TATW, MOS + bugfixes, expanded maps etc?

Thanks!

Are they compatible with the latest TATW, MOS + bugfixes, expanded maps etc?
    Not with the expanded map (which was for 1.41 anyway, IIRC). If you have MOS 1.62+bugfixes installed, you should be able to play both RK and DC without any problems. In case of RK, only the first two bugfixes are needed (not sure about DC). Just read the respective OP's (first posts, of the threads in the submod forum) and you will be absolutely fine
    Just remember that RK and DC are not compatible with eachother, even though some of dIRECTOR'S stuff has been incorporated in RK.

But both of them are just some Gondor / Arnor addons. Get well Stylix best of luck.

Quote Originally Posted by NejkoPejko View Post
    But both of them are just some Gondor / Arnor addons. Get well Stylix best of luck.
    I beg to differ
    Not sure about dIRECTOR'S Cut, but last time I checked he did add some cool stuff that has nothing to do with Gondor or Arnor. Seriously guys, just go and check out his OP
    As someone who has been slightly more involved with RK, I can tell you that the newest RK version (it hasn't been released yet) includes most custom settlements by Leo, lots of cool traits/ancillaries for Dale, Rhûn and Harad and some changes to the stratmap. And all this in addition to the Reunited Kingdom (which comes with missions, lots of traits/ancillaries and other cool stuff of it's own) and probably some things I can't remember right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Greymane View Post
    I beg to differ
    Not sure about dIRECTOR'S Cut, but last time I checked he did add some cool stuff that has nothing to do with Gondor or Arnor. Seriously guys, just go and check out his OP
    As someone who has been slightly more involved with RK, I can tell you that the newest RK version (it hasn't been released yet) includes most custom settlements by Leo, lots of cool traits/ancillaries for Dale, Rhûn and Harad and some changes to the stratmap. And all this in addition to the Reunited Kingdom (which comes with missions, lots of traits/ancillaries and other cool stuff of it's own) and probably some things I can't remember right now.
    Do you know if RK is savegame compatible?

Do you know if RK is savegame compatible?
    Nope, it isn't. Your game might even load, but without most of the cool content and there will probably be weird problems. So, no

Is it possible to mod the speeches before battle? Would be cool to have some epic speeches from the films instead of the mtw2 ones.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Is it possible to mod the speeches before battle? Would be cool to have some epic speeches from the films instead of the mtw2 ones.
    It can be done, though there's no development of MOS atm.

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Bartwam View Post
    Hey all,

After the steam update, I have noticed that some buildings displays {SMT_RELIGION_RECRUITMENT_REQUIREMENT} instead of culture requirement, anyone else having this problem and does anyone know how to fix it?

Thx in advance
    same problem with steam mos here

Hi there, I decided to upgrade my MOS to 1.6.2 today. I also downloaded the 3 bugfixes. I did notice, however, that certain sound effects seemed to be missing, such as the sound when you order one of your units to attack an enemy unit. I'm not sure if this is intentional, but sound effects like this are gone. I did hear the music and the voices of the units, but not the other sound effects like I mentioned.

Also, upon starting a campaign, I don't get any of the drop-down messages to choose whether I want certain scripts to run.
    Last edited by AwareLine63779; July 31, 2014 at 05:44 PM.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by AwareLine63779 View Post
    Hi there, I decided to upgrade my MOS to 1.6.2 today. I also downloaded the 3 bugfixes. I did notice, however, that certain sound effects seemed to be missing, such as the sound when you order one of your units to attack an enemy unit. I'm not sure if this is intentional, but sound effects like this are gone. I did hear the music and the voices of the units, but not the other sound effects like I mentioned.

Also, upon starting a campaign, I don't get any of the drop-down messages to choose whether I want certain scripts to run.
    I'm afraid that is a sure sign that your install is flawed.

From the first post:

Version 1.6.2 is a full install and should be installed as follows:
    1. Download the exe and the two bin files to your desktop or other known location on your system.
    2. Run the EXE file (MOS v1.6.2.exe) (You do not have to perform any actions on the other two files)
    3. Follow the prompts provided in the installer. [Notice that the default folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA If your M2TW folder is not located at this location, please set the installation path correctly.
    In this version of MOS files are added to the M2TW folder, requiring a different installation path ( you will stil be able to play vanilla M2TW cause these files do not make any changes to your M2TW Files).
    4. Download the shortcut file if MOS has not been previously installed or if you wish to use the latest shortcut.
    If MOS is not installed in the default file folder you will have to edit the shortcut and the Third_Age_3. bat file as well as the TATW.cfg files to show the correct path.
    5. Finally be sure to run the CLEANER.BAT file located in your installation folder before attempting to run the mod.

Don't forget to install the three bugfix files (links are also in the first post) and always run cleaner.bat (as administrator) when you finished installing.

This should work, however, if all else fails there is always the GUIDE from Elvenkind. If you are going to use that, don't forget to install the three bugfix files which are not mentioned. As always end with cleaner.bat (to be sure also with administrator rights active).
    Last edited by Veteraan; August 01, 2014 at 04:01 AM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Quote Originally Posted by ulfi View Post
    same problem with steam mos here
    and AUI gold edition (AUI bat file in Third_Age_3) doesnt work too, since steam patch.. 'no kingdoms.exe found', even when i change with notepad in AUI.bat file: from 'kingdoms.exe' to 'medieval2.exe' ....game starts but still wont load the new AUI's

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    I'm afraid that is a sure sign that your install is flawed.

From the first post:

Version 1.6.2 is a full install and should be installed as follows:
    1. Download the exe and the two bin files to your desktop or other known location on your system.
    2. Run the EXE file (MOS v1.6.2.exe) (You do not have to perform any actions on the other two files)
    3. Follow the prompts provided in the installer. [Notice that the default folder is C:\Program Files (x86)\SEGA] If your M2TW folder is not located at this location, please set the installation path correctly.
    In this version of MOS files are added to the M2TW folder, requiring a different installation path ( you will stil be able to play vanilla M2TW cause these files do not make any changes to your M2TW Files).
    4. Download the shortcut file if MOS has not been previously installed or if you wish to use the latest shortcut.
    If MOS is not installed in the default file folder you will have to edit the shortcut and the Third_Age_3. bat file as well as the TATW.cfg files to show the correct path.
    5. Finally be sure to run the CLEANER.BAT file located in your installation folder before attempting to run the mod.

Don't forget to install the three bugfix files (links are also in the first post) and always run cleaner.bat (as administrator) when you finished installing.

This should work, however, if all else fails there is always the GUIDE from Elvenkind. If you are going to use that, don't forget to install the three bugfix files which are not mentioned. As always end with cleaner.bat (to be sure also with administrator rights active).
    I'm afraid i'm having the same issues as well, all the units and visual upgrades of MOS are working (including the 1.6.2 content like the new glorfindel portrait, for example) but I simply get no notifications or drop down menus on the first turn. I have reinstalled TATW and MOS, but to no avail. Is there possibly a way to edit the campaign_script.txt file in order to make sure that these popups appear?

It finally seems that all is working. I found Elvenkind's guide very helpful and I also downloaded the 3 bugfixes. None of the problems I mentioned before are present. Thanks for the mod.