Page 7 of 364 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Hi guys! I don't intend to be pushy or impatient, I'm just curious as to what the approximated date of release for MOS 1.6.2 is, that way I can come back on here regularly around that time to check for the update.

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.1 for Third Age 3.2 released 7th Oct

Would it be possible to add new music for the patch? Songs from the Hobbit soundtracks, like 'The Woodland Realm' could be added to the Elvish soundtracks and 'Erebor' could be added to the Dwarf soundtrack, some Dalish songs for the Northmen, etc.?

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by BacardiMan View Post
    Hi guys! I don't intend to be pushy or impatient, I'm just curious as to what the approximated date of release for MOS 1.6.2 is, that way I can come back on here regularly around that time to check for the update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stylix View Post
    MOS v1.6.2 is in final testing now.
    Here is the latest change log:
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Change Log for v1.6.2

- Fixed Rohan music not playing
    - Added new unit for Mordor (Guldur Slayers) by lordargento, Nergor and Taro_M
    - Fixed missing or incorrect voices for Gondor Guardsmen, Gondorian Volunteers, Lossarnach Volunteers, Riders of Lossarnach, Dale Rivermen and Dale Woodsmen
    - Fixed Fangorn (Treebeard's Hill) autonomy; Ents will now be able to be received if autonomy is granted
    - The Elven Range Forge can now be constructed when playing as the FPoE.
    - SAUS units (Glittering Caves) now work correctly for Rohan
    - Fixed rally unit icon for Rohan general ability (does not show an orc blowing the horn)
    - Fixed campaign ending bug which occurred when the Allied Aid script referenced a renamed settlement in the new map
    - Fixed crash when playing as Rohan and attempting to give (not gifting) a region as part of the offer to FPoE in diplomatic scroll.
    - Road tool tips now match the level of roads constructed in the province.
    - Duneard will now spawn a garrison script, if activated, when controlled by Dunland
    - Message appearing when Rohan accepts Tol Archon (DCI) corrected
    - Added starting garrison for Gelebrin
    - Changed name of E. Osgiliath to East Osgiliath and W. Osgiliath to West Osgiliath
    - Fixed many historical event messages not displaying
    - Fixed One Ring script; messages should be displayed correctly and the settlement containing the ring identified
    - Improved animations and formations for halberd and pike units by Principe Alessandro
    - New unit textures, armor upgrades, and strat map colors for Elves; new unit textures and armor upgrades for Gondor; faction names and ship models by dIRECT0R
    - Corrected settlement names for upgrade locations in the SAUS mod for the Dwarves (House of Thorin building)
    - Edited description for Cirith Ungol in the regions reached video
    - Fixed Isengard generals being named EMT_FRANCE_NAMED_CHARACTER_1
    - Prevented the settlement of Archet from constructing the Prancing Pony building
    - When hovered over using the mouse pointer an Arnor assassin is no longer labeled as a Spy
    - Fixed settlements of Caras Celainrnen, North Tharbad and Burg Sagath not being able to be upgraded
    - Improved Campaign AI
    - Fixed Ally Invade code and AI entries for the Total Diplomacy mod
    - New custom portrait for Glorfindel by Gorthaur the Cruel
    - Prevented the custom settlements of Zagh Kala and Henneth Annûn from being upgraded and losing their custom settlement
    - Allied Aid script corrected for missing events and wrong settlement names
    - Fixed Glorfindel given incorrect strat map model after respawning when using the Immortal Heroes Script
    - Fixed the Witch King and Sauron being given new strat models after holding settlements
    - Exchanged starting locations and fiefdoms for some High Elf leaders
    - Fixed Mirror of Galderial event message stating that the mirror belonged to the Silvan elves
    - Fixed Legolas obtaining incorrect strat map model
    - Rewrote Proximus' Diplomacy & Invasions mod to allow generals to be spawned with the armies
    - Mirror of Galadrial now shows all tiles correctly
    - One starting general for the High Elves and the Woodland Realm renamed (new names Erestor and Galion)
    - Faction selection screen now shows the correct faction unit name and image for the elven factions
    - Dunland capital of Dun Larach added to Garrison script; it now matches 'green book' description
    - Building Bair Eryn Lasgalen and the upgrades corrected for the Woodland Realm and Lothlorien factions
    - Rewrote Corsair Invasion script to allow for multiple invasions of same settlement during the campaign and corrected placement of armies based on new map
    - Renamed one of the two Great Gates buildings in Minas Tirith to its correct name 'The Othram'
    - New stack spam reduction coding added
    - Added grape shot capability to Dwarf, Gondor and Arnor catapults; thanks to leo.civil.uefs for the idea and code examples
    - Imrahil given a hero ability and rallying of troops enabled
    - Ancillaries and triggers added to Improved Barrow Downs mod
    - Added AI Dwarven settlement conquerors to capture settlement of Withibord to prevent the AI elves from taking it first
    - Updated DaC map to version 1.5.1 by FireFreak111 (Dwarven settlements can now build mines)
    - Updated Unofficial Patch custom settlements to verions 3.0 by leo.civil.uefs
    - Added population growth bonus for human player for Annúminas settlement
    - Amon Sul now has a culture bonus for the FPoE and Arnor

There may be additional fixes not listed.
    Sometimes I forget to update the change log after making corrections.

MOS v1.6.2 will not be save game compatible with MOS v1.6.1.
    Also, Stylix stated in the old thread that we should expect the new version by Christmas. At least that's the release date that he's aiming for.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

Thx for the release info for 1.6.2
    I'll just finish my Lorien campaign and wait for update to start with a new Gondor campaign

To everyone involved in this project: THANK YOU!! This is by far my favorite mod. I don't know how many weeks or months I've spent playing this.

Stylix's Avatar MOS Team Member

MOS v1.6.2 is very close to release and should be on schedule.

I appreciate all the support and feedback. :
    Unfortunately, at some point I have to draw the line and say 'no more edits/material for this release' and publish what is completed at that point.
    Otherwise, it will never be released.

I read all the comments and suggestions and add them to my 'to do' list so if I don't respond directly, please don't assume that I have ignored your input or suggestion.
    Most likely I just don't have time to respond when the issue is posted.
    If the item regards CTDs or other game breaking issues, then it will be addressed immediately.
    Game balancing and 'eye candy' tend to be moved lower on the priority list, especially so close to a release date.

I hope that you will enjoy MOS v1.6.2, it is a much more polished and refined version of previous releases and should significantly improve game play.
    MOS v1.6.2+ Bug fixer 30 Dec 2013

Can not wait for it Mate keep up the Great work + rep
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

Flinn's Avatar His Dudeness of TWC
    Patrician Citizen Content Emeritus Administrator Emeritus Gaming Emeritus

Blog Entries

I hope that you will enjoy MOS v1.6.2, it is a much more polished and refined version of previous releases and should significantly improve game play.
    we surely will and thank you again for all your efforts, everybody here appreciates them, I'm pretty sure

Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

MOS v1.6.2 is very close to release and should be on schedule.
    Significantly improving what is already great!

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Awesome, but how do i install this mod when i already have 1.6.1?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Badmanis View Post
    Awesome, but how do i install this mod when i already have 1.6.1?
    if you mean 1.6.2, there will be simple patch I suppose
    Under the patronage of Finlander, patron of Lugotorix & Lifthrasir & joerock22 & Socrates1984 & Kilo11 & Vladyvid & Dick Cheney & phazer & Jake Armitage & webba 84 of the Imperial House of Hader

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Though, may be added, in the case with MOS simple always mean "simple" ^^

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Blog Entries

I don't get it ...

are you trolling me or what? eh? EH??

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

No new version of MOS is small nor uncomplicated [from a modders perspective at least]

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

DO I need to download 1.3 and 1.4 patches then 1.5 or do I install third age 3.2 then MOS 1.5-1.6?

Is it not yet time for the Santa Ferret to emerge??? LOL Great work Stylix.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by rtboy214 View Post
    DO I need to download 1.3 and 1.4 patches then 1.5 or do I install third age 3.2 then MOS 1.5-1.6?
    You do the latter. You will need the 1.5 full install for this.
    Use the Tree Knee download site. The link can be found in the Opening Post of this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Flinn View Post
    I don't get it ...

are you trolling me or what? eh? EH??
    Do not meddle in the affairs of messer Ferrits, for they are subtle and quick to anger.
    Last edited by Veteraan; December 17, 2013 at 01:46 PM.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Civis
    Clarke Institute of Psychiatry (CAMH), Toronto, Ontario, Canada

Thank you for your timely reply!
    Yet it's sill not working.
    I had the entire Third Age mod reinstalled from scratch. I didn't tinker with anything throughout the process and only opened to play it when it was patched to MOS1.61 in minted condition. The same thing went all over again - not even a second of loading, just that "unspecified error" message popping up right away the moment I clicked to enter custom battle or to start a campaign.
    All my other mods work just fine. What the problem could be?!! It's truly a nightmare!

Quote Originally Posted by moralrelativism View Post
    Thank you for your timely reply!
    Yet it's sill not working.
    I had the entire Third Age mod reinstalled from scratch. I didn't tinker with anything throughout the process and only opened to play it when it was patched to MOS1.61 in minted condition. The same thing went all over again - not even a second of loading, just that "unspecified error" message popping up right away the moment I clicked to enter custom battle or to start a campaign.
    All my other mods work just fine. What the problem could be?!! It's truly a nightmare!
    Run Cleaner.bat file, and test again, only this time first test can you start a campaign ( do not go into Custom battles ! ).
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Sint View Post
    So is it intended that snaga stalkers have a defence skill of 5 and 3 armor rating ?
    They are better than the normal goblin hordes and have a higher armor rating even though they are less armored.

And : The hobbitry in arms and hobbit archers have a higher defence skill than the Bree militia and archers even though they aren't wearing more armor.
    The normal hobbit archers are also having a higher armor ranking than the Bree militia and hobbitry in arms and the greenway guards have a smaller defence skill than the bree milita .
    I noticed that too! The stronger snaga stalkers is something im not to fond of. I think they should cost less and be made weaker (because they would be a horde type of unit) and the Goblin band should be made a little cheaper as well in my opinion. I like how they severely weakened Bree land militia in MOS (because obviously they would suck) so FPOE have to rely on the elite Dunedain rangers (and extremely OP bodyguards) to fend off the hordes.

Civis

Quote Originally Posted by Charger Bolt View Post
    Personally I think it's cool that Isengard and Dunland are two different factions it's nice to see Isengard attack
    me as Rohan and Dunland going head on with FPoE it's makes more interesting challange
    I liked Isengard and Dunland as 1 faction simply for the challenge of having to fight Rohan, FPOE and the High Elves all at once!