Thread: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience. Version 1.7 Patch 05 (Hotfix) released: 25-08-2015

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by JiiTee View Post
    Hey I was wondering do you guys have any thread for victories achieved in MOS? I tried to find one but im very new to this forum stuff and failed miserably in finding any...
    I guess the closest to it would be the AAR section:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-Fan-Creations

Laetus

Default Re: MOS, the ultimate TATW experience.. version 1.6.2 for Third Age 3.2 released 25th Dec.

Quote Originally Posted by SupplyWagon View Post
    I guess the closest to it would be the AAR section:

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forum...-Fan-Creations
    Thanks!

Bladvak's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by lalucre View Post
    thx, Bladvak! As I am using Minas Tirith as my main troops building and retraining center, because of the strategic location and the numerous cost reductions you get there. So I thought I had already recruited enough troops there. On the other hand, I also frequently retrain troops there from Osgiliath and this island fortress north of it. So my mind might trick me, and I have not recruited as many troops as I thought.

But as I know now that it is possible to build the guild, I will surely come sooner or later.
    I usually get the Swordsmith's Guild in W. Osgiliath, since it's a fortress and can't really get anything else and I then turn it into a cavalry-churning settlement, with tourneys and everything. I try to get the Merchant Guild in Minas Tirith, as it gives a nice bonus to trade and set it on an infantry-based army recruiting center.

I then use the W.O. to give the bonus to melee weapons for the units trained in Minas Tirith and I simply try to re-train as much as possible units with existing melee bonus in Minas Tirith. Unless a military disaster strikes, most units on the map will have the melee bonus on the ready. As for the experience from buildings, I don't really bother that much any more, since I get heroic victories with most of my armies and they get chevrons double quick.
    Quote Originally Posted by Yomamashouse View Post
    I have one complaint - this mod is so engrossing that I have lost the ability to enjoy any other mods. I tried others and they never matched up to EB.

I think Foot needs to put a warning saying "You may wish to play other mods before playing this mod, as EB will destroy your ability to find other mods exciting and fulfilling".

Milo Forsyth, Transfiguration Professor at Hogwarts, Beyond Potter http://www.twcenter.net/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=1772

hi! i have some question for you
    1 Were i have to install the mos bugfixer (i have the one that comteins all 3 fix)
    2 Can i delete the folder i used to install mos 1.6.2 (called SEGA/medieval2/mod?

Thanks in advice good job with this mod! =)

Are there any possible problems that may appear if i remove "read-only" flag from Third Age folder. There quite a lot of files that are read-only in that folder. Can it cause some problems with a game later or is it fine to remove?

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by astuccio View Post
    hi! i have some question for you
    1 Were i have to install the mos bugfixer (i have the one that comteins all 3 fix)
    2 Can i delete the folder i used to install mos 1.6.2 (called SEGA/medieval2/mod?

Thanks in advice good job with this mod! =)
    1 It should go in the Third_Age_3 folder. I automatically points you there when starting the installer. You may have to edit the install path though because your Third_Age_3 folder may be situated on a different location than the default one.
    2. If you used the Elvenkind instructions you can delete the folder you originally installed the game to and from which you copied or moved the files to their final destination

Quote Originally Posted by SacredFox View Post
    Are there any possible problems that may appear if i remove "read-only" flag from Third Age folder. There quite a lot of files that are read-only in that folder. Can it cause some problems with a game later or is it fine to remove?
    AFAIK that should not cause any problems.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

So no new MOS version for a while right ?, Since the team is working on other things or many had gone to vacation in Valinor .

I have been playing version 1,41 for the last couple of years it seems. Since no one seems to be making any progress on a new MOS update??? Am I to assume that 1.6.2 is the most polished gem it should be ?? Seems from reading the forums it has several issues still. My only real issue with version 1.41 is the fact that computer factions have trouble keeping their own settlements from rebelling and it makes the game 2 easy. If anyone can offer some insight I would appreciate, and if anyone might know why the mega site download for version 1.6.2 will not allow a download. It says the file(s)been removed. Thanx in advance.

Quote Originally Posted by Δriël View Post
    So no new MOS version for a while right ?, Since the team is working on other things or many had gone to vacation in Valinor .
    Quote Originally Posted by Majordea View Post
    I have been playing version 1,41 for the last couple of years it seems. Since no one seems to be making any progress on a new MOS update??? Am I to assume that 1.6.2 is the most polished gem it should be ?? Seems from reading the forums it has several issues still. My only real issue with version 1.41 is the fact that computer factions have trouble keeping their own settlements from rebelling and it makes the game 2 easy. If anyone can offer some insight I would appreciate, and if anyone might know why the mega site download for version 1.6.2 will not allow a download. It says the file(s)been removed. Thanx in advance.
    Try these links :
    MOS v1.6.2-1a.rar https://mega.co.nz/#!nwtwyQTD!8UBfNx...XRcDfjlfrecL-M

MOS v1.6.2-1b.rar https://mega.co.nz/#!K511CZpD!g-PLp1...5Fr8VWxhZaIhwU

MOS v1.6.2.rar https://mega.co.nz/#!6ptVRYQA!vVJVxu...OhY3LpB5Zmrhlg

Stylix is still recovering after having had many operations, so until he comes back there probably will not be any work on another version of MOS. That being said I would recommend after getting MOS 1.62 installed along with the bugfixes that you give the Reunited Kingdom mod a try. I think you will find it fairly challenging. Plus there are a lot of new additional items compared to MOS 1.62.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; November 11, 2014 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Δriël View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Majordea View Post
    I just tried every MEGA link in the OP and they all worked. Besides that, one of those complete sets is uploaded by me and I should know if it was removed or not.

On new versions and the status of a new version: The only official MOS team member that is currently active on this site is Mike Golf. His main modding work is currently done on the Reunited Kingdom mod.
    However we have a small group of people (including Mike) that keep the links working, update the OP when called for and try to answer questions.

The latest versions of MOS have all been made available by Stylix who has been the latest active MOD leader of MOS, The reason why the development stopped so abruptly can be found in the below message that was posted by Mike Golf in July of this year.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    To all concerned; I just received an email from Stylix. He has been in the hospital for the last 3.5 months due to a severe medical emergency. He is not sure when he will be able to get back on the forums or participate in modding again. I have no further details about what happened and will let him speak on that when he returns. He has my cell phone number and if and when he contacts me I will post an update. Until he returns I would ask that everyone keep him in their thoughts for a speedy recovery.
    I see Mike already has provided some links while I was still writing this post.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    I just tried every MEGA link in the OP and they all worked. Besides that, one of those complete sets is uploaded by me and I should know if it was removed or not.

On new versions and the status of a new version: The only official MOS team member that is currently active on this site is Mike Golf. His main modding work is currently done on the Reunited Kingdom mod.
    However we have a small group of people (including Mike) that keep the links working, update the OP when called for and try to answer questions.

The latest versions of MOS have all been made available by Stylix who has been the latest active MOD leader of MOS, The reason why the development stopped so abruptly can be found in the below message that was posted by Mike Golf in July of this year.

I see Mike already has provided some links while I was still writing this post.

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    Try these links :
    MOS v1.6.2-1a.rar https://mega.co.nz/#!nwtwyQTD!8UBfNx...XRcDfjlfrecL-M

MOS v1.6.2-1b.rar https://mega.co.nz/#!K511CZpD!g-PLp1...5Fr8VWxhZaIhwU

MOS v1.6.2.rar https://mega.co.nz/#!6ptVRYQA!vVJVxu...OhY3LpB5Zmrhlg

Stylix is still recovering after having had many operations, so until he comes back there probably will not be any work on another version of MOS. That being said I would recommend after getting MOS 1.62 installed along with the bugfixes that you give the Reunited Kingdom mod a try. I think you will find it fairly challenging. Plus there are a lot of new additional items compared to MOS 1.62.

Best of wishes to
    Stylix . He is a great person had the pleasure to collaborate with him and the MOS Team back in the Beta Testing for 1.5 and I hope to see him return when he feels better.

Upgraded to 1.62 let's try this ^^.
    Last edited by Pyres Δt Varanasi; November 12, 2014 at 07:16 AM.

Hello!

After a year I am back at playing Third age, and I thought I'd try it with this fantastic mod compilation.

Now I have a question:

What exactly should trigger the Balrog?

I play with dale, and attacked a rebel settlement in Turn 6 or so. And when I besieged it, the message about the Balrog popped up. Is this a bug, or is this intentional?

My Home is my Castle.

Quote Originally Posted by mailor View Post
    Hello!

After a year I am back at playing Third age, and I thought I'd try it with this fantastic mod compilation.

Now I have a question:

What exactly should trigger the Balrog?

I play with dale, and attacked a rebel settlement in Turn 6 or so. And when I besieged it, the message about the Balrog popped up. Is this a bug, or is this intentional?
    It might be the case that another faction besieged Moria. IIRC that is the trigger for the Balrog appearance.

Quote Originally Posted by Veteraan View Post
    It might be the case that another faction besieged Moria. IIRC that is the trigger for the Balrog appearance.
    I thought so too at first. But then the message should have triggered after the AI's turn I thought. But the message popped up as soon as I entered Siege of the rebel settlement (and this settlement of course is not Moria ) Kinda strange isn't it?

My Home is my Castle.

I thought so too at first. But then the message should have triggered after the AI's turn I thought. But the message popped up as soon as I entered Siege of the rebel settlement (and this settlement of course is not Moria ) Kinda strange isn't it?
    At first sight that does sound strange. However, it might be the case that this message only can be shown when starting an actual siege on the campaign map and not during the end turn sequence.
    I am speculating here though because this is not exactly in my area of expertise.

I have seen the same when laying siege to Dunharrow, I looked for the Balrog a few turns later, I did not locate him.
    Atleast there seem to be no stability issue at play. So can continue the game with no worries.

Hi

Great mod , just one question playing as dwraves how do I make kids grow up faster (change the aging script)

Thanks

Hi there,

Sorry for being 'that' guy, but I was hoping someone would tell me how to change the Heavy Silvan elves back to their vanilla armour from their silver armour? I know you have taken a lot of your time re-skinning these and they do look awesome, but I have been looking for days trying to change it to vanilla? Can anyone offer any help?

Why Am I unable to add new unit to MOS? Btw. I made 2 mods for myself for Vanilla (new units, buildings enhacements, general stats enhacements) and I know how to add new units but with MOS, most basic way does not work (just editing export descr units). Why is that?

Thnx in advance!

Why Am I unable to add new unit to MOS (CTDs)? Btw. I made 2 mods for myself for Vanilla (new units, buildings enhacements, general stats enhacements) and I know how to add new units but with MOS, most basic way does not work (just editing export descr units). Why is that?

Another thing. I also changed descr_regions so all units of all factions have: legio: "name". But again in MOS this does not work. Why? I started cleaner again but still nothing. All those changes did work in Vanilla but in mos nothing that I try to add/change does not work. I do not have CTD in tihs case I just don't have legionary names for my units.

One more thing, I wanna mod siege death toll, where can I change that? Thnx in advance.