Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Whiskey, History and a Mad Mans Ravings! - The Nonsensical Blog of McScottish Commentary

McScottish's Avatar The Scribbling Scotsman

Default Whiskey, History and a Mad Mans Ravings! - The Nonsensical Blog of McScottish Commentary

If you've any comments, suggestions, or indeed any subjects or questions which you would like to me to answer in my main blog then please post them/ask them here and I shall get around to a post on each one as quickly as possible!

Many thanks!

McScottish

Default Re: Whiskey, History and a Mad Mans Ravings! - The Nonsensical Blog of McScottish Commentary

I have to say I cracked up laughing when I saw the title of your first blog post. Quintilius Varus give me back my AARs! Oh god that's golden!

On the topic of less AARs I think(and also hope) that it is just a downtime. We've seen many great writers retreat from TWC in general for periods of time due to RL issues and lack of time. Hopefully over the holidays things will change. And anyway, I don't think you need an excuse to start a dozen new AARs!

Default Re: Whiskey, History and a Mad Mans Ravings! - The Nonsensical Blog of McScottish Commentary

Quote Originally Posted by Merchant of Venice View Post
    I have to say I cracked up laughing when I saw the title of your first blog post. Quintilius Varus give me back my AARs! Oh god that's golden!

On the topic of less AARs I think(and also hope) that it is just a downtime. We've seen many great writers retreat from TWC in general for periods of time due to RL issues and lack of time. Hopefully over the holidays things will change. And anyway, I don't think you need an excuse to start a dozen new AARs!

I'm glad you liked it my friend, I do aim to add some joyous comedy to peoples lives.

Must say though, as you could probably tell from my blog, that I heartily agree with your words and sentiments. I don't think in all my time on TWC that I have ever seen the AAR sections so destitute (though I will admit that the CW forum is nonetheless full of excellence, and excellent tales) and it saddens me. I realise why it would be that there are less people, and hopefully that gets sorted soon.

As for starting a dozen AARs...don't tempt me Merchant! I'll do it, you know I will!

Hopefully that this downtime will lead to a rise in new writers. I'm hoping that over the holidays, a couple of new writers may emerge. And what a shame it would be if you started a dozen new AARs......

Rex Anglorvm's Avatar Wrinkly Wordsmith

I can see your cunning plan to swamp the boards and commit AAR world domination has now begun! Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Rex Anglorvm View Post
    I can see your cunning plan to swamp the boards and commit AAR world domination has now begun! Good luck!

I also see that you've no personal choice then, no idea as to what you'd like to read?

I see..

...begun, the AAR war has.

P.S.

I've read your latest blog, you cheeky sod.

Rex Anglorvm's Avatar Wrinkly Wordsmith

Quote Originally Posted by McScottish View Post

I also see that you've no personal choice then, no idea as to what you'd like to read?

I see..

...begun, the AAR war has.

P.S.

I've read your latest blog, you cheeky sod.
    I have no preference, as I know for sure that anything that you produce will be of quality and more than entertaining; sorry about the little joke, I just couldn't resist!

Concerning your recent blog post I think I must find a cliff and then jump off it!

On second thought, that drop is quite scary. So I'm back. In all seriousness though, hope you have splendid time in New Zealand it is quite a spectacular place(that's big praise coming from an Australian). I heard Tigelinus lives in Auckland.........though it would be most unfair to dump you on him without his knowing

in New Zealand you could Peter Jackson your TATW AAR and maybe he'll make it into a movie or maybe three!

Tigellinus's Avatar Citizen

Hey McScottish, how are you enjoying the weather so far? The wind is raging around my house.

Thanks

Tigellinus

Proudly under the patronage of McScottish

Quote Originally Posted by Tigellinus View Post
    Hey McScottish, how are you enjoying the weather so far? The wind is raging around my house.

Thanks

Tigellinus
    Weathers fine - I'm Scottish. It's the so-called 'high speed' Wifi at this bloody hostel that's doing my nut in. Should probably be thankful I can even type this to ya'll! Really is diabolical. Nice sig btw.

Weathers fine - I'm Scottish. It's the so-called 'high speed' Wifi at this bloody hostel that's doing my nut in. Should probably be thankful I can even type this to ya'll! Really is diabolical. Nice sig btw.

Ha! You get used to it after a year or two.

If it says it is 'high speed' it most likely is, by our standards.

New Zealand's Wifi is abysmal D:

Great update!

On a small note of Maori's, there is a lot of controversy regarding their culture, and whether they were natives or not. (Some believe that tehre were otehrs before teh Maori's, then the Maori's came and ate them.)

Of course, most likely this is foolishness.

But, I'll be learning more on this soon enough (studying them in History)

Thanks

Tigellinus

Ybbon's Avatar The Way of the Buffalo
    spy of the council

Do you still get to vote on Scottish independence? Just curious really. You could end up leaving the UK for a year in NZ, come back and effectively arrive back to a completely different country, you could end up like that character in that Tom Hanks film (The Terminal?)

Quote Originally Posted by Ybbon View Post
    Do you still get to vote on Scottish independence? Just curious really. You could end up leaving the UK for a year in NZ, come back and effectively arrive back to a completely different country, you could end up like that character in that Tom Hanks film (The Terminal?)
    Indeed!

Yea, I get to vote, and to be honest with you I'll be voting to remian in the UK. Nothing good waits for an independent Scotland, not in my opinion anyway. Who knows, I could be wrong...we shall see.

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

likely due to our not having a need to constantly drink every evening and end up smashing windows, leaving bottles everywhere and what not.
    No constant drinking every evening? Don't say you went through the whole of NZ's whiskey supplies already!

Looking forward to seeing what you've got in store for us

Also, do you really rate Rowling as a great author?

Quote Originally Posted by f0ma View Post
    Also, do you really rate Rowling as a great author?

Of course not! I was trying to say the amount they write, not the quality of it.

Hitai de Bodemloze's Avatar 避世絕俗
    Tournaments Joined
    Tournaments Won
    Blog Entries

Just checking!

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

On the topic of AARs for the future, having just spent the last month and a half eagerly reading the first four novels of Maurice Druon's The Accursed Kings series and desperately awaiting the final two in the series, I'd love to see you do something on the Hundred Years' War period or perhaps even before during the downfall of the Capets.

I had already been highly interested in the period from the 1300s to 1500s but my interest mainly lay in medieval England. Those books have really sparked my interest in medieval France and in the Capetian dynasty itself. I hope to do a related AAR soon myself.

Quote Originally Posted by ccllnply View Post
    On the topic of AARs for the future, having just spent the last month and a half eagerly reading the first four novels of Maurice Druon's The Accursed Kings series and desperately awaiting the final two in the series, I'd love to see you do something on the Hundred Years' War period or perhaps even before during the downfall of the Capets.

I had already been highly interested in the period from the 1300s to 1500s but my interest mainly lay in medieval England. Those books have really sparked my interest in medieval France and in the Capetian dynasty itself. I hope to do a related AAR soon myself.

Interesting...funnily enough you're not the first to suggest that exact time period to me, my girlfriend also wanted me to try one around the 1300's; fate, it seems, is inexorable.

I'll need to take a wee ganders at those novels masel' then.

Good suggestion ccllnply, and I thank you for it.

ccllnply's Avatar Tribunus

Interesting...funnily enough you're not the first to suggest that exact time period to me, my girlfriend also wanted me to try one around the 1300's; fate, it seems, is inexorable.

I'll need to take a wee ganders at those novels masel' then.

Good suggestion ccllnply, and I thank you for it.
    I highly recommend them. They're pretty cheap on Kindle Store too, especially for what George RR Martain called the "original Game of Thrones.

If the HYW idea fails then I've always had a soft spot for the War of the Roses. A period that's massively under done in games, mods and AARs in my opinion.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast