Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: Resource Works by paleologos

Default Re: Resource Works by Paleologos

ok, thanks sorry for not reading the discription,the red suites the english well and their schields look great,thanks again,putted the highland archers in but change the green too a blue colour for the scotts,as they are not mercenaries and fighting only for scotland in the game i play,their faces look great too!got some sreenschot of them;

edit; our mine game files are not reacting on the red & gold textures are there is a wrong file\texture in red & gold for english as their shields stay as mercenary red and not gold and red if i put them in for england.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 0002.jpg  
    Last edited by stevietheconquer; June 21, 2014 at 07:10 AM.

paleologos's Avatar You need burrito love!!

Quote Originally Posted by stevietheconquer View Post
    ok, thanks sorry for not reading the discription,the red suites the english well and their schields look great,thanks again,putted the highland archers in but change the green too a blue colour for the scotts,as they are not mercenaries and fighting only for scotland in the game i play,their faces look great too!got some sreenschot of them;

edit; our mine game files are not reacting on the red & gold textures are there is a wrong file\texture in red & gold for english as their shields stay as mercenary red and not gold and red if i put them in for england.
    You did not do "due diligence" while editing the battle_models file.
    The mistake is in there.

By the way this is the first time I see the highland archers in the blue kilts, had no idea they would look that neat.
    See, I worked for too long with the green kilts and I got used to them and unimpressed, on the other hand the brown look rather drab but that was the idea for rebels.

Working for Titanium, the screenies below are a sneak peek of my next project.
    The horses are not mine (I think they are Razor's based on Marka's or Marka's -?-) but we have permission to use.
    The riders are a piece of work I compiled more than a year ago and they are still substandard (at least for me) but an improvement none-the-less over both vanilla and the CBUR scholarii.
    The shield texures are from Elvasat's resource files, can't thank him enough methinks.
    Comments are always wellcome, let me know.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Ikanatoi_02.jpg 
Views:	445 
Size:	119.1 KB 
ID:	309218

Name:	Ikanatoi_06.jpg 
Views:	452 
Size:	212.2 KB 
ID:	309219

Name:	Ikanatoi_03.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	169.2 KB 
ID:	309220

Name:	Ikanatoi_10.jpg 
Views:	437 
Size:	239.1 KB 
ID:	309221

Name:	Ikanatoi_05.jpg 
Views:	438 
Size:	220.7 KB 
ID:	309222

Name:	Ikanatoi_09.jpg 
Views:	435 
Size:	251.5 KB 
ID:	309223

Name:	Ikanatoi_01.jpg 
Views:	432 
Size:	268.7 KB 
ID:	309224

Name:	Ikanatoi_08.jpg 
Views:	436 
Size:	309.1 KB 
ID:	309225

Name:	Ikanatoi_07.jpg 
Views:	433 
Size:	307.1 KB 
ID:	309226

Shiftage!
    More Highlanders in a while, those below are still a WiP.

Name:	HP_01.jpg 
Views:	444 
Size:	275.1 KB 
ID:	309439

Name:	HP_02.jpg 
Views:	441 
Size:	331.7 KB 
ID:	309440

Name:	HP_03.jpg 
Views:	425 
Size:	391.4 KB 
ID:	309441

Name:	HP_04.jpg 
Views:	424 
Size:	401.6 KB 
ID:	309442

Name:	HP_05.jpg 
Views:	425 
Size:	411.0 KB 
ID:	309443

Name:	HP_06.jpg 
Views:	420 
Size:	408.0 KB 
ID:	309444

Name:	HP_07.jpg 
Views:	421 
Size:	366.0 KB 
ID:	309445

For one of my projects for Titanium I'll be using parts of Romano-Britons.
    More than a year ago I downloaded a RAR file containing several models and skins.
    I want -for starters- permission to use them and of course I really-realy want to be able to give credits to the original author(s).
    I don't remember where I downloaded them from or who uploaded them in the first place.

So, this is -sort of- an Umber Alert thing.

Have you seen those, or do you know who authored them?

Name:	RomanoBritons.jpg 
Views:	472 
Size:	126.7 KB 
ID:	309653

If anyone knows something, please leave a post in this thread...

All of this looks absolutely fantastic. I look forward to working with you guys.
    Omne Solum Forti Patria (O'Siadhail family motto)

Translation: Every land is a native land to a brave man.

I have limited experience in unit and campaign scripting.

demagogos nicator's Avatar Domesticus

I have heard that absinthia made a Romano-British unit roster and the unit looks close to his style so it may be possibly his creation. You could contact him in this thread:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...for-Permission

Quote Originally Posted by paleologos View Post
    For one of my projects for Titanium I'll be using parts of Romano-Britons.
    More than a year ago I downloaded a RAR file containing several models and skins.
    I want -for starters- permission to use them and of course I really-realy want to be able to give credits to the original author(s).
    I don't remember where I downloaded them from or who uploaded them in the first place.

So, this is -sort of- an Umber Alert thing.

Have you seen those, or do you know who authored them?

Name:	RomanoBritons.jpg 
Views:	472 
Size:	126.7 KB 
ID:	309653

If anyone knows something, please leave a post in this thread...
    i did.
    they were uploaded as a free-to-use modding resource, no particular permission needed.
    the shields were originally made by Leif Eriksson, not sure if i blanked them out or not.
    Hr. Alf han hugg til han var mod, Han sto i femten Ridderes Blod; Så tog han alle de Kogger ni Og sejlede dermed til Norge fri. Og der kom tidende til Rostock ind, Der blegned saa mangen Rosenkind. Der græd Enker og der græd Børn, Dem hadde gjort fattig den skadelige Ørn.
    Anders Sørensen Vedel

Quote Originally Posted by absinthia View Post
    ...they were uploaded as a free-to-use modding resource, no particular permission needed...
    A modeler of my kind, +rep!

So basically the Titanium mod is an upgrade to early era stainless steel and you are working on models for that. Then what is going on for late era?

Quote Originally Posted by ZetaMaximus View Post
    So basically the Titanium mod is an upgrade to early era stainless steel and you are working on models for that. Then what is going on for late era?
    I started this thread independently of Titanium because I wanted my modelling work to be available to all, as soon as it was ready for game.
    I consider this thread a kind of self-therapy to the frustration induced in me by The Great Conflicts forum:
    All this fabulous modelling work remains unenjoyed by so many, just because their team want their mod to be the first mod to sport them.
    In any case, I do what I do for me, with other M2TW gamers being secondary beneficiaries and the Titanium mod being the tertiary beneficiary.

The first release of Titanium will be an early ere campaign, the idea being to do away with gunpowder units to make room for more slots in the EDU.
    In an ideal future we will be able to make a late era campaign as well.

Wow this is awesome. great job!!!

Pictures moved to post ##3.
    Last edited by paleologos; December 25, 2014 at 05:01 PM.

Your 1180 knights are totally awesome. I think all mods should use them as Ug0 instead of CA dull "feudal knights"...

Thank you for the moral boost.

In the meanwhile something else has started to brew.

I remember reading a post commenting how much better the textures of the M2 Kingdoms TW Teutonic Campaign were than the original and that it would be good if anyone would adapt those textures to be used by the other factions.

Well, I have started it with the en_peasant_padded units and I intend to make a variety of six unarmoured for the en_peasant version and another six in gambesons for the en_padded version.

Below you can see a milkshape preview of the first set of tunics in the peasant archers model.

Name:	Tunic_01_x15.jpg 
Views:	373 
Size:	759.5 KB 
ID:	318753

If any of you would like me to make a skin for an additional faction post your request here.
    Last edited by paleologos; December 29, 2014 at 03:52 AM.

Man, I think you shouldn't use such badge on vests. At least nor for early units.
    These little things were invented in 14th century Italia and was adopted through Europa later.(indeed in 15th century lot of mercenaries would have worn such "badge").
    At this point of history(saying XI/XII) heraldry was very limited. And applications on lower troops was even more reduced.
    Plain simpler tunics are better for peasants(btw the design of your ones are nices!)

As for french:
    -a red cross for french crusader units
    -a white cross can be displayed for 13th/14th/15th professional units...but only elite and professional, not the crap levy
    This white cross was the sign for troops hired and maintained by the King himself.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Arbalestriers des Franc-Archers(this are troops reformed, which were favoured by tax reduction because serving the King!...etc)

Late French communal troops could have Red/Blue, White/Blue tunics for some skins and officers
    (Below, 14th century, Etienne Marcel, a parisian patrician, colors are ones of parisian comune)
    [IMG][/IMG]

In any case, please do not use the Three Lilies, its very wrong to display it everywhere!
    Its only something from 14th century and only the King should have on his shield
    Before 1375, the lilies were plain, after 1375, Three Lilies were setted as the standard, because the King wanted to show his devotion to the Holy Trinity , so Valois dynasty henceforth mostly used the Three Lilies, as a praise to Holy Trinity.
    Last edited by VINC.XXIII; December 29, 2014 at 08:17 AM.

Hmmm I have to agree Mr. VINC the 23rd

also thinking about it these little symbols are hardly seen in battles, banners are much more effective for identifying your troops.

I hope is not too late.

I could change the French insignia from the yellow lillies to the white cross (though I am not very happy with such change) but the rest I would rather have them as they are, even if the use of tunic heraldry is not 100% historically accurate.

Hellvard's Avatar Senator

This looks great but unfortunatelly I must support VINC, those badges are completely unhistorical and even ridicuolusly looking on peasants clothes, these guys are also too corolful I mean they are just simple farmers, such decorated clothes doesn't fit them.
    Last edited by Hellvard; January 02, 2015 at 04:12 AM.

I intend for the models/textures combos to have a variety of six tunics instead of the vanilla three and the above preview is just for the one of the six for each faction.
    Sure hope none of the people who browse this thread passes out from the shock of discovering that some commoners were wealthier than others and some lords were also wealthier than other lords and could afford livery surcoats for their serfs.

So, there are also these ones, not mine of course but IMS from a source open enough to be used in a tunic_x6 compilation.

Name:	Alt_B_x3.jpg 
Views:	228 
Size:	61.6 KB 
ID:	318928

And if you think the guys above are too richly dressed I could try to model the tunic in the pic below, but I haven't decided on the socks yet.

Name:	Alternative_Tunic.jpg 
Views:	224 
Size:	84.8 KB 
ID:	318929