Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pontus Euxinus units (New units for Pontus, Athens, Cimmeria, Scythia and Breuci)

Default Pontus Euxinus units (New units for Pontus, Athens, Cimmeria, Scythia and Breuci)

Pontus Euxinus units

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=202739574

This mod adds Pontus, Athens, Cimmeria, Scythia and Breuci new units. I know that these units aren't really so historical accuracy. I'm also supporting historical accuracy but these units are only for more variant unit roster. They are available in both the campaign and custom battles.

Cimmeria

Noble Guard:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Noble Spearmen:

Bosboran Infantry:

For these units I made new animation so when they are melee, they use spear and shield.

Cimmerian Infantry:

Bosboran Swordsmen:

Pontus

Pontic Elite Infantry:

Pontic Light Infantry:

Pontic Heavy Cavalry:

Pontic Spearmen:

Pontic Hoplites:

Athens

Hoplite Legionary:

Athens Swordsmen:

Greek Scyther:

For these units I made new animation because original falx animation has bug death.

Royal Scythia

Shaman Riders:

Steppe Warriors:

Steppe Riders:

Breuci

Fanatics Cavalry:

Breuci Ambushers:

Stone Throwers:
    Last edited by Mithridates VI; May 11, 2014 at 04:59 AM.

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

Default Re: Pontus Euxinus units (New units for Pontus, Athens, Cimmeria, Scythia and Breuci)

More variation is always needed, great units!

Default Re: Pontus Euxinus units (New units for Pontus, Athens, Cimmeria, Scythia and Breuci)

Thanks or Tack så mycket. Variation is one reason why I did made units without historical accuracy. Other reasons are that I wanted to make units more for my taste and I was too lazy to begin to search for historical data for units. And of course there is a lot of historical accuracy unit packs already.
    Last edited by Mithridates VI; December 12, 2013 at 01:23 AM.

alternate download link?

I'm going to update this mod soon with some new units.
    Sneak peeks:

Updated. New units added to Pontus, Cimmeria, Scythia and Breuci. Reskinned Fanatics Cavalry.

Any thoughts?

I think the new units look great could you just upload them outside of steam aswell .

I'm not really into to do that because I don't know really well how to use other sites and I think that steam is much easier to use.

Looks good! Keep up the good work!

Updated. A little more variant to helmets of Pontic Spearmen and Hoplite Legionary.
    Eupator Dionysius

Aguirre's Avatar Decanus

nice job! the last unit there, the spearmen with black helmets, are terrific. did you make the helmets? never saw them before.

Thanks I didn't make those helmets. They are in game but no units use them in vanilla.
    Eupator Dionysius

Libertus

please upload to mediafire or gamefront or any other .

Updated. Two new units added. Pontic Hoplites to Pontus and Stone Throwers to Breuci. Pictures of them are in OP.
    Eupator Dionysius

Visarion's Avatar Alexandros
    Artifex

nice

is that a shoulder shield/protector? interesting... Scythian style huh!? more pics would be welcomed oh and i love the Bosporan Infantry!

Yes it is some kind protector (Originally it is gladiator arm armor). And thanks for compliments.
    Eupator Dionysius

Laetus

Great looking mod. Despite me having never played Pontus, I'm sure Pontus enthusiasts will enjoy this.

OFF TOPIC: In you 'Pontic Spearmen' photo I've noticed that some of the soldiers are wearing helmets and the african facemask at the same time. I'm curious as to how this is done (providing its not some sort of screenshot glitch). I've been trying myself to re-create this but nothing works. You also seem to have said they're in Vanilla but no units use them, are you able to tell me what the helmets are called?

Thanks
    The soldiers who are wearing helmets and the african facemask at the same time: It has been done like vanilla roman standard bearer with wolf cloaks and mask. So, helmet is in helmet table and facemask is in cloaks table.
    The black helmet without facemask is celtic_eastern_montefortino_2
    Eupator Dionysius

Laetus

Quote Originally Posted by Mithridates VI View Post
    Thanks
    The soldiers who are wearing helmets and the african facemask at the same time: It has been done like vanilla roman standard bearer with wolf cloaks and mask. So, helmet is in helmet table and facemask is in cloaks table.
    The black helmet without facemask is celtic_eastern_montefortino_2
    Cheers

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

I really like the Pontic Light Infantry !

And I'm sure the fanatic cavalery men sings with a nice high pitch voice.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast