Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Info thread: Team and Credits; Personal Update & Sub-Mod Guideline

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Default Re: Personal Update & Sub-Mod Guideline

Quote Originally Posted by King Kong View Post
    Thanks so much everyone!! Was good to post something here again...
    I'm very glad you did decide to break the silence. Usually the longer something like this lasts, the harder it becomes to end it.
    Like many others, I feared you were lost to this community. Very nice to know that this is not the case and that your are, in fact, doing quite well as it seems.

I think that the moderators in this case will forgive me for adding a short message in German.

Ich möchte dich (und das team) ganz herzlich bedanken für Stainless Steel und TATW. Beide Mods haben mich viel Vergnügen bereitet. TATW mit submods spiele Ich sogar bis zum heutigen Tag.
    Die General sub-mod guideline wird sicher dazu beitragen das sich daran wohl nichts ändern wird

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Followed your work for years before becoming a member of TWC. We'll take you whenever, wherever, KK.
    "Far better is it to have a stout heart always, and suffer one's share of evils, than to be ever fearing what may happen, and never incur a mischance." - Herodotus

Garbarsardar's Avatar Et Slot i et slot
    Patrician Tribune Citizen Magistrate Administrator Emeritus

Thank you for taking the time to address this issue. I'm sure you will do wonders for the Lordz as you did for M2TW. Stay happy.
    Garb.

Miles

Welcome back and congratulation on your new job!
    Again thx a bunch for this mod and for you to release all content! This alone will make this mod EXPLODE ;D

Merry Christmas and a happy new year!
    //ThaDoews

TATW + MOS 1.
    SS6.4 + BftB

Am I the only considering this as bad news?
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Anyway, enjoy your fate!

leo.civil.uefs's Avatar É nóis que vôa bruxão!

General sub-mod guideline
    You are allowed to edit any content of TATW and to release it as a sub-mod, under following conditions:
    - You do not claim edited original content as your own created work
    - You stick to the rules that apply to DG's Easterlings
    - You don't release your sub-mod as a stand-alone mod that doesn't require the installation of TATW.

Fantastic news all round!
    Congratulations KK!

Looking forward to seeing your valuable input back in the forums! (Even if only occasionally!)
    -HK

THE CAKE IS A LIE!

Dude with the Food's Avatar Campidoctor

So do we hire a wizard to crown him and follow him in bowing to the moderators or what?
    I am me. You are not me. You are you. If I was you, I wouldn't be me.
    If you were me, I'd be sad.But I wouldn't then be me because you'd be me so you wouldn't be me because I wasn't me because you were me but you couldn't be because I'd be a different me. I'd rather be any kind of bird (apart from a goose) than be you because to be you I'd have to not be me which I couldn't do unless someone else was me but then they would be you aswell so there would still be no me. They would be you because I was you so to restore balance you would have to be me and them meaning all three of us would become one continously the same. That would be very bad.

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

Quote Originally Posted by Dude with the Food View Post
    bowing to the moderators
    You may be on to something here

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

I have played a lot Third Age. It's awesome. Thank you very much. I'm in your debt.

I have a question for all. Can't we make crowfunding to pay more modifications? Thanks.

Veteraan's Avatar TATW Local Moderator

Quote Originally Posted by Nowel View Post

I have a question for all. Can't we make crowfunding to pay more modifications? Thanks.
    Someone else posted this question not to long ago HERE.

Citizenised by Shankbot - Patron of b0Gia - House de Bodemloze

Congratulations KK. We will never thank you enough for sharing with us the marvel TATW is. Let's hope it isn't over.

Si votre cannon tire, nos rochers n'en seront pas epouvantés

Waldesian fighter to French officer demanding surrender,
    Battle of Balziglia, 24th of may, 1690

Quote Originally Posted by Devils_Advocate View Post
    Am I the only considering this as bad news?
    Why when you can just pick up where KK left off. You know you want to, maybe join up with DG. Arbeit macht frei.
    Last edited by Jean=A=Luc; December 15, 2013 at 09:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Jean=A=Luc View Post
    Why when you can just pick up where KK left off. You know you want to, maybe join up with DG. Arbeit macht frei.
    I do not deny that my heart has greatly desired this...

In place of an Ape Modder you would set up Keanu Reeves.
    All would sue me (for LoTR license copyright infringement)...and despair.

No DG, no glory!

Incredible Bulk's Avatar Vicarius

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  

Daddl's Avatar Libertus

What can I say more, except: Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Hi guys!!!

first of all, I really want to apologise for my very long absence, for not being able to reply to all the pms or threads and for not answering so many important questions.
    The reasons are, as so often in life, manifold, but I just want to say that many personal and other important things have happened short after the release of TATW 3.1 and in the whole last year, so that I had to completely shift my attention away to be able to manage the new situations.

However, be assured that I'm fine and, as someone already found out, my latest status update is that I'm working for The Lordz games studios where I have the chance and the luck to work on some very cool projects!

Of course, I have one sad and streaming eye, because obviously TATW is currently completely on hold while my heart still beats hard for it!
    I can't tell you when, how or what, but I know the last release was not the last thing that I did for TATW, I'm pretty sure the dream of this mod has not completely ended yet.
    I'm actually still browsing the forums very often and I will definately try to post at least from to time on important subjects.

Finally, I really want to heartily thank the whole community and sub modders for keeping TATW still so alive! Also a big thanks for all moderators who still hold the line and who are keeping the kind order here!!!! Thanks so much everyone!! Was good to post something here again...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Now to a long overdue general update on some sub-modding rules, where I got remembered by several forum members here. Really thanks for the slight kick in the ass guys!
    Since I probably know only a few parts of the main submodding and permission questions, I'll try to express a:

General sub-mod guideline

You are allowed to edit any content of TATW and to release it as a sub-mod, under following conditions:
    - You do not claim edited original content as your own created work
    - You stick to the rules that apply to DG's Easterlings
    - You don't release your sub-mod as a stand-alone mod that doesn't require the installation of TATW.

I hope that this guideline answers the most questions and I think it makes pretty clear what you can and what you cannot do with your sub-mod. If there are still open questions please pm me (with a clear title that it is about permission issues) and I will see to update this guideline then.

I just want to underline how much KingKong has inspired the modding community over the years to create the most amazing world that the Medieval II / Kingdoms engine was never designed for , his creativity has driven others to produce the most astounding unit graphics, animations, scripts, toolkits and building mods not thought possible just a few years ago.
    This does not just apply to the Third Age sub mods but to many other sub mods from different eras , are all benefiting indirectly from this knowledge and are being enhanced thanks to KingKong skill and vision . Stainless Steel brought Kingdoms closer to what it could be, this mod completely changed modding and what is possible forever.
    @KingKong, Good luck with your career, perhaps one day you will be back to put your stamp on another version of this inspiring and magical mod. Clearly we gamers and modders have gained immensely from your enthusiasm and drive.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast