Thread: Battle chivalry - how do I stop being so evil?

Default Battle chivalry - how do I stop being so evil?

The main factor in deciding battle chivalry vs. battle dread is how many men you take to the fight. Outnumber a foe by more than half and you'll get dread, what a challenge. But to get battlechivalry when attacking you have to be outnumbered 0.5 or 2 to 1. How is can this be done? I can't imagine pinning and flanking an army twice as big. I feel like all you can do is stock up on DFKs and pray your enemy brings peasants.

So how do the people that actually know what they're doing achieve battle chivalry?

Default Re: Battle chivalry - how do I stop being so evil?

I'm reminded of this quote I saw on totalwar.org

Quote Originally Posted by reichtfeld
    Unfortunately, the BattleChivalry triggers are rather lacking. Here is the only 100% trigger for it:

;------------------------------------------
    Trigger battle3Chivalry1_defensivewin
    WhenToTest PostBattle

Condition not WasAttacker
    and IsGeneral
    and BattleOdds < 0.8
    and GeneralFoughtInCombat
    and not Trait BattleDread > 0

Affects BattleChivalry 1 Chance 100

;------------------------------------------

You've got to force someone to attack you, have odds less than 0.8, and your general has to fight but can't kill over 8 people or risk getting one of the other dread triggers. I'm amazed there's no mention in there of needing a full moon or a unicorn horn. Sheesh.
    Actually, reichtfeld forgot battle3Dread_TotalAnnihilation: if you win a heroic victory with odds less than 0.95 (and all battle odds less than 0.8 are less than 0.95 of course), and you take out 70%+ of their army, and your general fights in combat, then you also can get battledread. Although actually battle3Dread_TotalAnnihilation comes after battle3chivalry1_defensivewin, so if you fulfill its conditions, you should get battlechivalry from it, without getting battledread from the later trigger, since it requires not having battlechivalry.

Anyway, though, yeah, if are going for battle3Chivalry_hardoddswin, then there's a 34% chance you won't get battlechivalry even if you did fulfill all of the conditions -- then, if you took out 70%+ of the enemy army and you got a heroic victory, you get a 100% chance of getting 2 battledread.

As far as your post, I don't think it's really numbers so much as odds (as displayed in autoresolve) that matter. So you bringing a unit of DFKs against the enemy's two units of town militia wouldn't count as 0.5 odds.

I'm not really sure I have any advice for someone determined to get BattleChivalry without cheating. It's a pain.
    ೋღ☃ღೋ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ Repost this if~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~
    ~you are a beautiful strong Catholic monarch~ ~
    ~ ~who don’t need no communion with Rome~ ~

UndrState's Avatar Centenarius

Default Re: Battle chivalry - how do I stop being so evil?

When I'm trait hunting I often look to Salisian's guide off of GameFAQs.com (however, BattleChivalry is particularly tricky ) :

http://www.gamefaqs.com/pc/931592-me...war/faqs/50116

Fair Fighter (BattleChivalry 1)- +1 Chivalry, gained after 1 point of BattleChivalryNoble in Battle (BattleChivalry 2)- +2 Chivalry, upgrade after 3 points of BattleChivalryBastion of Chivalry (BattleChivalry 3)- +3 Chivalry, upgrade after 6 points of BattleChivalryChampion of Honor (BattleChivalry 4)- +4 Chivalry, +1 Authority, epithet "the Chivalrous", upgrade after 10 points of BattleChivalrySaint of Battle (BattleChivalry 5)- +5 Chivalry, +2 Authority, epithet "the Champion", upgrade after 15 points of BattleChivalry. *** The way BattleChivalry and BattleDread work is that they are not antitraits, but instead, are handled by having each trigger for one check to make sure there are no points of the other. This means that sometimes the game favors one or the other, depending on which conditions it checks first. *** A general offered for adoption, lesser adoption or marriage gains a point of BattleChivalry with 50% probability. If a general offered for adoption or lesser adoption gains this point, he gains two more points with 33% probability. Note that these options come before the triggers for gaining BattleDread on adoption or marriage, so it is far more likely a general will start with BattleChivalry. |*** If a general with no levels of BattleDread kills eight or more enemies in a battle, he gains a point of BattleChivalry. Note that this trigger comes -after- the similar trigger for BattleDread, so it is far more likely a combative general will gain points of BattleDread unless you somehow acquire BattleChivalry otherwise. *** If a general loses a battle in which the general did not kill any of the enemy, and the total number of enemy killed is less than 10%, he loses a point of BattleChivalry. If a general routs in battle and kills less than 8 enemies, and the total number of enemy killed is less than 33%, he loses 2 points of BattleChivalry. If a general routs in a battle with odds greater than .75, kills less than 8 enemies, and his army kills less than or equal to 66% but greater than or equal to 33% of the enemy, he loses a point of BattleChivalry. If a general wins a battle with odds less than .8 in which he was not the attacker, he has no levels of BattleDread and he personally fought in combat, he gains a point of BattleChivalry. If a general wins any battle with odds less than or equal to .5, he personally fought in combat, and he does not have any levels in BattleDread, he gains a point of BattleChivalry with 66% probability. If a Catholic or Orthodox general with no levels of BattleDread attacks an Islamic general, he gains a point of BattleChivalry with 33% probability. If an Islamic general with no levels of BattleDread attacks a Catholic general, he gains a point of BattleChivalry with 66% probability. If a general with no levels of BattleDread wins a battle with success rating of average or better, kills less than 20% of the enemy, and the battle odds were less than .95, he gains a point of BattleChivalry with 33% probability.
    Last edited by UndrState; December 09, 2013 at 02:16 PM.