Thread: not working

ProjectX1963's Avatar Libertus

Icon8 not working

when i dl this, unit sizes are 150 for line, with a range of 50, and turns out i only got 2 .packs when i dled this, tried dling multiple times with the same result, was starting on a just freshly installed copy napo
    Last edited by ProjectX1963; December 09, 2013 at 01:37 PM.

Default Re: not working

i'm thinking maybe u (jam) should post new installation instructions
    Last edited by ProjectX1963; December 09, 2013 at 01:49 PM.

Main & Essentials pack? That's fine. However, your download should include a campaign folder, too (Don't forget to make a backup of the original one).

I don't remember if standard unit sizes for NER line were 150 - only that grenadiers and line infantry should have the same number of men, but range 50 for line sounds correct (The info in the FAQs apparently hasn't been updated).

okay, well i would advise a revision of the faq, that's confusing and misleading 2 some1 who is just coming across this 4 the first time, thnx 4 the input, maybe some1 (preferably the mod creator) would like 2 clarify that the 150 unit size + 50 range is indeed what the intention was... also, has any1 noticed any problems while booting this up with a vanilla save game?
    Last edited by ProjectX1963; December 09, 2013 at 01:52 PM.

yes, sorry guys. Im busy working on Rome 2 Total Realism, so both NER and ER are on hiatus for now.. i plan to release updated versions at some point, yet it might take a while to get to that.. I'll see what i can do at least about installation instructions, and maybe i will upload the last version i have in my PC which should even contain few fixes.

Artifex

Last time I used this mod, line infantry had 200 men and a range of 50 which is correct if you take the 3:1 scale into consideration (3 real men represent 1 TW man).
    Simply extract all of the files into the Napoleon data folder and make sure not to use any other mods as that could lead to complications. Most graphics and music mods should be compatible though.
    My Mod:
    Shogun II Total Realism
    A realism mod for Shogun II, Rise of the Samurai and Fall of the Samurai

Suspended

There's something wrong with download cuz I've got only NER_Main.pack and campaigns. Where is the rest of the files?

everything got integrated into single pack for simpler handling

Bizarre - downloaded the pack and extracted to the folder and nothing changed. 120 men per line regiment. Checked a few different campaigns and all the same.

then you must have done something wrong. Pack file should be in data folder, campaign folder should overwrite the existing one.

Decanus

PS: when adding the new campaign files don't replace the Napoleon campaign folder with the zipped folder. You will lose needed files if you overwrite the whole campaign folder with the zipped one.

I don't get that last post. Is this really true? I never had a zipped folder within my vanilla campaigns folder...

no, you are supposed to add the files, not replace the folder.. if you replace the data folder, game wont work.

Decanus

You want to merge the files from the NER zip. I didn't realize the extraction would automatically merge the contents of folders instead of overwrite the destination folder altogether, so, there shouldn't be any problem just running the extract process.

Click yes yes yes yes...

https://www.dropbox.com/s/m7wk1c2xzh...older.png?dl=0

I've installed the game following the instructions in this thread, and it seems to be working fine (battle mechanics have changed, reduced accuracy etc.) However, I'm seeing some things that make me wonder if the installation has been completely succesful. For example, I can still build the Arc de Triomphe as France and technologies like steam propulsion appear in the research screen, even though the FAQ says it shouldn't (FAQ could be outdated though). Is there anything I did wrong or is this normal?

Steam engine is there, just have a bit different and adjusted bonuses. So it looks like your installation is Ok.

I've installed 3.1 and on ultra I have 200-men regiments for infantry, 80-men for cavalry, range in 65 for line, 85 for skirmishers. Is this OK? Shouldn't the standard range be 50? I've no idea why NER wouldn't work - main pack was put into data, campaigns also (and overwritten what was asked for). Is there anything else to do to enable the mod?

no, its ok.