Thread: Rome 2 Family Tree and Better Goverments Petition suggestion.

Lionheart11's Avatar Senator

Default Rome 2 Family Tree and Better Goverments Petition suggestion.

Ok well its clear Rome 2 Vanilla will never get seasons, lets get over that and lets also forget the dreaded but legendary Ai also for a minute. Why forget AI ? i hear you say, well the Ai should be a given and if it never gets better or fixed it will be to CA's demise. We should not have to scream AI, especially seige Ai because its still rather tarded.

Now back to Family tree and better govern system with a proper Senate UI screen, these are a must and are desperately needed to give the game any depth, this is what we can fight for as this can still be added if CA get a clue to what people are wanting and getting wound up about. I suggest we move on from whining about everything CA did'nt do to what they can do for us now. Do you agree Rome 2 needs these features?. In my view i dont care about other factions or cool perks, i just want to attack the heart of the problem.

Do you think the addition of these small but important feature's will make some road to make this a proper TW game again?. There may still be some more patches to come so now would be the time to make your voices heard.

My idea was to create a petition but you all may think its not a good idea, or futile.. I also know this thread may be a echo to many who have said the same thing.
    "illegitimi non carborundum"

TW RIP

Default Re: Rome 2 Family Tree and Better Goverments Petition suggestion.

Inevitably, it comes down to personal play style.

There are TW gamers who I would describe as action orinentated: They care most about AI because that is what matters in their campaign: Battle after battle after siege after battle. AI counts,

Then, there are TW gamers who can be called story driven: The care most about the family tree and politics screen because that is what matters in their campaign: Wheeling, dealing, marriages, backstabs etc.

True, you can be both these things, but you will find the answers you get to this thread will vary on the above two factions.
    “flaming javelins.”

~ Adolf Hitler, Berlin 1945, when asked how to hold off the Russians

Hi,

I think CA said your opinion very clear. if you want to family tree and other good things, you will have to waiting for another game.

If you want family trees, play Crusader Kings 2 and you shall have all the family trees you could ever want.

Now where can I get myself a good strategy game?

I would say I'm maybe more story driven, I don't see there being much 'action' in this genre of games, I mean it's not like you are personally on the battlefield fighting etc. So the main thing for me that sucked about Rome2 was the lack of traits/ancillaries + the family tree, these gave you an invested interest in battles and you actually cared about each one.

In any case 'Rome 2' hasn't been released yet, it will be released at some point but called 'EB 2'.

Quote Originally Posted by Tullaris View Post
    If you want family trees, play Crusader Kings 2 and you shall have all the family trees you could ever want.

Now where can I get myself a good strategy game?
    I would recommend EU4.

Venomousmonkey's Avatar Civis

Quote Originally Posted by hgnji View Post
    I would say I'm maybe more story driven, I don't see there being much 'action' in this genre of games, I mean it's not like you are personally on the battlefield fighting etc. So the main thing for me that sucked about Rome2 was the lack of traits/ancillaries + the family tree, these gave you an invested interest in battles and you actually cared about each one.

In any case 'Rome 2' hasn't been released yet, it will be released at some point but called 'EB 2'.

I would recommend EU4.
    They have simple things in place now for the story. It seems there are a few traits, but only 3 slots very limiting. There is potential to put it in, how long we'll have to wait is another story entirley considering we are still awaiting a bug-free game.

Hopeing for more changes soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Venomousmonkey View Post
    They have simple things in place now for the story. It seems there are a few traits, but only 3 slots very limiting. There is potential to put it in, how long we'll have to wait is another story entirley considering we are still awaiting a bug-free game.

Hopeing for more changes soon.
    Yeah I know, you get to pick from 3 different things, Zeal, Cunning and something else, that add 1% to some random stat. And once you have 2-3 stats your general gets killed anyway and you start over. Hardly much for story building, in past games you had no choice of traits although you could influence them a little with battles etc. This is the best way of doing it imo, where how you play with your general/army dictates the type of traits you might get. Play EB1 and you see what I mean.

Quote Originally Posted by hgnji View Post
    Yeah I know, you get to pick from 3 different things, Zeal, Cunning and something else, that add 1% to some random stat. And once you have 2-3 stats your general gets killed anyway and you start over. Hardly much for story building, in past games you had no choice of traits although you could influence them a little with battles etc. This is the best way of doing it imo, where how you play with your general/army dictates the type of traits you might get. Play EB1 and you see what I mean.
    Or even RTW vanilla which has the immersive trait system already, although mods build further on the already good basic system.

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Quote Originally Posted by Lionheart11 View Post
    Ok well its clear Rome 2 Vanilla will never get seasons, lets get over that and lets also forget the dreaded but legendary Ai also for a minute. Why forget AI ? i hear you say, well the Ai should be a given and if it never gets better or fixed it will be to CA's demise. We should not have to scream AI, especially seige Ai because its still rather tarded.

Now back to Family tree and better govern system with a proper Senate UI screen, these are a must and are desperately needed to give the game any depth, this is what we can fight for as this can still be added if CA get a clue to what people are wanting and getting wound up about. I suggest we move on from whining about everything CA did'nt do to what they can do for us now. Do you agree Rome 2 needs these features?. In my view i dont care about other factions or cool perks, i just want to attack the heart of the problem.

Do you think the addition of these small but important feature's will make some road to make this a proper TW game again?. There may still be some more patches to come so now would be the time to make your voices heard.

My idea was to create a petition but you all may think its not a good idea, or futile.. I also know this thread may be a echo to many who have said the same thing.
    This may sound insulting, it`s not meant to be.

I don`t think it`a bad idea generally, but I don`t really think it should be started by you. You`ve already started wavering about this coming DLC you said you wasn`t going to get. To start any kind of petition or `boycott` it needs someone who`ll be first holding the flag and last holding the flag.

Neither do I think we should just give up on seasons just because it looks like we`ll never get it.
    I cant` follow anyone who`s quick to start these things, but just as quick to collapse. For a Rome example, being a Rome forum, Roman Standard bearers were expected to stand and not waver until they fell or the battle won/mutual agreement. It just makes everyone supporting you look dumb when you are the first to fold.

If you can prove you can stick it out then, fine.

Again, I don`t mean to be horrible or anything.

Quote Originally Posted by Humble Warrior View Post
    This may sound insulting, it`s not meant to be.

I don`t think it`a bad idea generally, but I don`t really think it should be started by you. You`ve already started wavering about this coming DLC you said you wasn`t going to get. To start any kind of petition or `boycott` it needs someone who`ll be first holding the flag and last holding the flag.

Neither do I think we should just give up on seasons just because it looks like we`ll never get it.
    I cant` follow anyone who`s quick to start these things, but just as quick to collapse. For a Rome example, being a Rome forum, Roman Standard bearers were expected to stand and not waver until they fell or the battle won/mutual agreement. It just makes everyone supporting you look dumb when you are the first to fold.

If you can prove you can stick it out then, fine.

Again, I don`t mean to be horrible or anything.
    I have to agree with Humble on this and likewise have no intention to insult you Lionheart.