Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: What will be the next total war game?

Aymer de Valence's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Default Re: What will the next total war be?

Victoria
    Cry God for Harry, England and Saint George!

MiG-23Flogger's Avatar Foederatus

Victoria or Early Iron age or Empire 2 that's what I hope ...one of those

Quote Originally Posted by MiG-23Flogger View Post
    Victoria or Early Iron age or Empire 2 that's what I hope ...one of those
    I would like Empire 2 to be on the Victorian age itself, probably having all of the world map like Paradox's Victoria has. But I'm pretty certain the Warscape engine can't handle that. And thats why the Total War series needs a new engine.

Default Re: What's Next for the Total War Series? Rome 2 and Beyond

Well i'd Love to see Empire2:TW and USA:TW with the Civil War incuded ---> (gameplay between the years 1775 & 1899) ;-)

Default Re: What's Next for the Total War Series? Rome 2 and Beyond

What i hope will come next;

- a new engine, something which can simulate combat AT LEAST as good as previous titles
    - longer development time + extensive beta testing
    - better modding support, being able to change and add detail to everything
    - a shift towards a real time campaign map, with speed options from pause to fast forward

what i expect to see;

- a game based upon popular trends, if the next TW title hasn't already been decided then it'll most likely be something which will get enough public interest to make, or just MTW3/ETW2 as a series progression
    - focus on marketing and advertising to sell copies
    - some pre-release testing to increase fan confidence, but little of that beyond some bug fixing put into the game's design
    - either a small and fairly polished game like S2, or a large and hollow game like R2
    - more of the same, a few innovations mainly designed to attract sales, hardly anything more than token innovations

modding support probably won't come, having seen the DLC that has come out since R2's release, compared to what even a handful of modders could have created with full tools and support, CA's DLC would be vastly worse than what the best modders/mod teams could create

while this in itself isn't a bad thing, since it adds to the pool of ideas which CA can take for future titles and the relative amount of players who will be using these mods will only be a small %, from a press point of view it's bad to see part time modders creating content which is better than DLC which costs the user £9.99 a pop

as for a real time campaign map, whilst i can imagine this being fairly easy to implement in practice, the balancing of it all would probably be beyond CA, plus it would represent a complete move away from the campaign design of the series in the eyes of some users

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

They committed to work on an 64bit engine but it will remain warscape. No new engine in sight. So gun powered games like empire could be a good idea as a next game instead of Medieval 3
    NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

I believe that the next total war should be on colonization in the 19th century and contain a world map in several pieces (as in empire) but I do not think my dream will come true in the near future...

MiG-23Flogger's Avatar Foederatus

I wish that too ! I would also like the ability to make Unifications and Draw border lines.... or am I asking too much :o

Emperor of The Great Unknown's Avatar Primicerius

Basically I want them to stay away from any time frame dating before 1600. Especially medieval, CA needs to build up their ability to do good total war games before they can attempt to relive the justice that was Medieval II.
    Give a man a fish you feed him for a day, teach a man to fish you feed him for a lifetime.
    cant read?

Karnil Vark Khaitan's Avatar Praepositus

warhammer or some kinda of game of thrones, just something fantasy.

Im the Knight in Sour Armor http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.ph...ghtInSourArmor
    Rainbow Darling rainbows Darling. Darling Rainbows!!!!!
    but on the same time modder with my first mod for Rome 2!http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfile.../?id=286218945
    Hey Sparkle Sparkle Sparkle!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LDULtV9U2kA
    Quote Originally Posted by riskymonk View Post
    yea but mods are created by fans of the series. Games are created by university students who might not necessarily know or play the games/series they're working on

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Well my wish would be for a brand new era on a brand new engine - i got about zero chance of this happening.

So, that leaves us with the knowledge that the next game will be WarScape, even 64bit its still WarScape so i hope to God its not another melee type game they release as the engine just cant "do it" properly. Gunpowder seems to work better, and CA seem to be in a trend of releasing sequel after sequel, so even though i dont want to see it, ETW2 will probably be next.

However, my final answer is "The Next TW game will be the last if its as shoddily developed as the last 2 main releases have been"!

Dago Red's Avatar Primicerius
    "Great is the guilt of an unnecessary war" ~John Adams

it's already been announced, why do people keep asking every few weeks I wonder....

If you really don't know what it is, here's a hint/.

I would be very interested in a TW based in Waring States Period of China.

There are hundreds of countries, various cultures(as this was before the time China was united), and interesting historical figures those western gamers are probably not familiar with, but filled with fascinating characteristics. It would even better with an inclusion of Japan, Korea, South Asian countries as well.

I recommend a Japanese manga "Kingdom" based on the timeframe if anyone is interested in the period. I mostly want this thanks to this manga.

Gogunbanzui's Avatar Civis

Empire 2 Total War sets in mid 17th century until mid 18th century. And add China(with Manchu and Ming Chinese 2 subfactions) as a new playable factions.

Axalon's Avatar She-Hulk wills it!

Quote Originally Posted by Dago Red View Post
    it's already been announced, why do people keep asking every few weeks I wonder....
    I totally dig how people just ignores the blatant realities that you so accurately point out here Dago.... Nope, they carry on here as if your remark/post never ever happened... "I wanna have Smurf-TW [or whatever], I think that would be really fantastic... Hey, lets make [yet] another poll/thread about that!"

- A

Biarchus
    Blog Entries

I would love to see a Empire 2.
    I just loved to be able to sail for the four corners of the world with my country and engage in foreign policies.

Of course, the AI was stupid and there was to few settlements. I would be glad if at least Empire could get changed, but unfortunately i never saw anyone able to change the campaign map, so i would like for Empire 2. Also actual representation of cities; those ones in Empire were horrible.

Finlander's Avatar ★Absolutely Fin-bulous★
    Content Emeritus

Well if I'd be able to choose from one I'd wish that Empire II would be the next as I find the era interesting, but didn't dare to spend money on the original Empire due to the upset community and the fan's feedback seen on this site. I'd definitely consider buying it.

Medieval III would be interesting to see as well as the era and the focus are close to my heart. Still loving to play Medieval II, a few improvements on the hardcoded stuff would be nice to see.

• Son of MasterBigAb; • Father of St. PolycarpeKahvipannuRadboudMhaedrosGeMiNi][SaNDy
    FlinnUndyingNephalimKAM 2150
    Charerg

Victorian Age TW. Fots mechanism in a world (almost) map.

emotion_name's Avatar Protector Domesticus

Quote Originally Posted by Finlander View Post
    Well if I'd be able to choose from one I'd wish that Empire II would be the next as I find the era interesting, but didn't dare to spend money on the original Empire due to the upset community and the fan's feedback seen on this site. I'd definitely consider buying it.

Medieval III would be interesting to see as well as the era and the focus are close to my heart. Still loving to play Medieval II, a few improvements on the hardcoded stuff would be nice to see.
    ETW is a great game, infact its probably one of the better WarScape games now imo. It still carries the reputation of its utterly disastrous launch, and being the, again imo, turning point in CA relationship with their fans (Most moddable TW game to date, Ship with mod tools, Patches breaking more than they fixed etc).

Its just a time period i have very little interest in, as such it remains my least played TW game to date.

Meelis13's Avatar You fight like a cow!
    Citizen

I hope its Medieval 3.
    But i wouldnt mind WW1 era with following wars (such as russian civil war+ reds vs estonians, latvians, lithuanians, poles).
    Or just a game with global scope.
    Heidinn veor- dark age mod for M2TW now recruiting scripter/coder