Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: What will be the next total war game?

Default What will be the next total war game?

I'm thinking Medieval III or something of a kind, maybe also a game set in the early modern/Renaissance era. Why? Probably because it's the most easy thing to make with the current engine And we'll have to wait for a long time I guess, because Rome 2, although it could have been released in a much better state, offers plenty of opportunities for expansions.

So what do you guys want for the next game to be?

Mhaedros's Avatar Brave Heart Tegan
    Content Emeritus

Blog Entries

Default Re: What will be the next total war game?

I'd love a Medieval 3.
    Under the patronage of Finlander. Once patron to someone, no longer.
    Content's well good, innit.

john duca's Avatar Biarchus

there will be not..probably they know that nobody will ever buy their games after rome 2 total cr%%.

Quote Originally Posted by john duca View Post
    there will be not..probably they know that nobody will ever buy their games after rome 2 total cr%%.
    Good point, Rome 2 had great potential, but it was a disappointment (unless you have a 16 G RAM). Probably they will keep making Total War games though, you remember what a fail Empire was? It was no doubt a bigger failure than Rome 2, and CA didn't give up.

AnthoniusII's Avatar Μέγαc Δομέστικοc

Guys i wrote it before...
    There will be a long time before a new release..Why?
    Becouse R2 has the background to allow CA/SEGA to create huge DLCs over the basic engine of R2.
    See Shogun 2 with its main 2 sub Campaigns. Rome 2 will propably have atleast 4...
    Ceasar,Tetrarchy period, Barbarian Invasion 2 and maybe the Empire's colapse time untill Islam apearence.
    TGC in order to continue its development seak one or more desicated scripters to put our campaign scripts mess to an order plus to create new events and create the finall missing factions recruitment system. In return TGC will give permision to those that will help to use its material stepe by step. The result will be a fully released TGC plus many mods that will benefit TGC's material.
    Despite the mod is dead does not mean that anyone can use its material
    read this to avoid misunderstandings.

IWTE tool master and world txt one like this, needed inorder to release TGC 1.0 official to help TWC to survive.
    Adding MARKA HORSES in your mod and create new varietions of them. Tutorial RESTORED.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    Becouse R2 has the background to allow CA/SEGA to create huge DLCs over the basic engine of R2.
    See Shogun 2 with its main 2 sub Campaigns. Rome 2 will propably have atleast 4...
    Ceasar,Tetrarchy period, Barbarian Invasion 2 and maybe the Empire's colapse time untill Islam apearence.
    This. And the next game will probably be something silly like Warhammer when it does come.

Likely CA has not even finished preparing to churn on DLC for Rome 2.

(Sadly, I would pay cold hard cash for a family tree and working politics.)

Seriously though? Medieval 3 or a new setting (Warring States China? WW1? WW2?)
    “flaming javelins.”

~ Adolf Hitler, Berlin 1945, when asked how to hold off the Russians

I'd be happy if they did an Early Modern Era TW. The problem with doing Med 3 is they've already done 2 remakes in a row (S2 and R2), and I remember they said that they don't want people to think that all they do is sequels (granted, this was in 2006 when Mike Simson was talking about the release of Med 2). Seeing as Med 3 is wanted by a lot of people, the closest thing to that would either be a Dark Age TW or a Renaissance Era TW. The latter would be easier to do with their engine, so I think it's what they'll go for. Hopefully the complete and utter failure of R2 on so many levels will serve as a kick up their arse and they'll make an excellent game with a really deep campaign and an interesting, balanced, dynamic MP. Probably not though...

Protector's Avatar Senator

Lot of ppl. love Rome gameplay. Me too.

But to be honest I played Medieval II much more and longer, also due to mods like Stainless Steel and much better graphics and gameplay details.

From my point of view I would be very lucky with Medieval III at the end of 2014 or latest end of 2015.

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by AnthoniusII View Post
    If they don't sell each individual campaigns of every famous man of the era : Caesar in Greece, Caesar in Egypt, Caesar in Spain, Scipion in Spain, Hannibal in Italy, Scipion and Hannibal in Africa, Phillip II in Greece, Antiochos III in the East, Antiochos III in Syria, Antiochos III in Asia Minor, Spartacus in Italy, Germanicus in Germany, Claudius in Britain, Trajan in Dacia, Marc Aurelius at the Danibe, etc ...

It looks very promising !
    Last edited by Anna_Gein; December 08, 2013 at 04:11 AM.

Barbarian Nobility's Avatar Tribunus
    South Australia - Land of the Bogan and home of the serial killer

Medieval 3....but if they botch it imma go up for real reals, not for play plays

Naked Emperor's Avatar Centenarius

I bet it will be TW:Warhammer
    No battleplan ever survives contact with the enemy
    - Field Marshall Helmuth Carl Bernard von Moltke -

Decanus

If it's made on the same useless engine by the same team of talentless hacks just trying to cash in on the previous instalment's success, I want no part of it. Even if it does somehow turn up as a good game, I'm getting it for a bargain price. I refuse to give CA money that they do not deserve.

Total War: Arena, of course. Gotta get that MOBA dosh son. Hahaha... I hope these aren't actually Arena ability descriptions/are not indicative of what they're going for.
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    Last edited by smilydude; December 08, 2013 at 05:09 AM.

Senator

I Would like a Medieval 3 but I doubt that they will get anything about their fighting techniques right and will just show stupid Hollywood fighting like in Rome 2.
    Elder Scrolls Online :Messing up the Lore since 2007...

Well overhand or underhand: 3:50 Onwards...

Medieval 3...

alQamar's Avatar Citizen

I still insist we need a new engine before a new game. So personally I really do not care about anybody who is discussing about a next TW, while this game is still unplayable. You should really think about that.
    Of course you could ignore my thread and point of view if you are happy how Rome 2 is in its current state.

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?627645-A-Plea-to-CA-for-a-new-engine-instead-of-a-soon-next-Total-War-game

NEW: Total War Saga: Britannia benchmark thread - last update: 10.05.2018
    HOW-TO-step-up-from-MBR-CSM-LEGACY-BOOT-to-UEFI-GPT
    Many of my past contributions in the time from 2011-2017 will contain content that now show broken links. Unfortunately I had to delete all pictures linked on TWC that were hosted on imageshack.us. Read why
    If you are missing anything of interest, please let me know. Sorry for any inconvinience caused.

Rome 2 is so bad that I don't even care.

It will Probably be Empire 2
    "Nothing is True Everything is permitted"

Indefinitely Banned

I just want Barbarian -or Hunnic- Invasion expansion before next Total War game. I also would love to play Rise of Islam (7th-8th c. is my favourite era).

Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast