Thread: No Caesar Imperator

Default No Caesar Imperator

Second Rebellion happened. Dictator for Life dies from volcano erupting in Cannae. The successor has no trait that says Caesar Imperator, or Dictator for Life. He's simply the faction leader and is called proconsul. What happened?

EDIT: Does it have something to do with the family switching in the process? The Dictator for Life was from the Maximus tree, and the new national leader is from the Nepos tree.

EDIT EDIT: Nope. It doesn't work in the same family tree either.
    Last edited by Ishan; December 17, 2013 at 10:43 AM. Reason: Double Post
    "Aristotle dines when it seems good to King Philip, but Diogenes when he himself pleases."

tungri_centurio's Avatar Senator

Default Re: No Caesar Imperator

wierd im in the rebellion atm,my dictator for life killed in battle, next turn later my heir becomes imperator caeser,and an other one becomes just caeser
    Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth. -Marcus Aurelius

Alright, let me rephrase......
    What are the requirements in the second civil war for the dictator of life to die and let his heir become caesar?
    "Aristotle dines when it seems good to King Philip, but Diogenes when he himself pleases."

for me was the same, heir didnt get the trait. i tried killing leaders in battle, didnt help, heir was always becoming normal leader, so i just played on and when the new leader after dictator died of age, heir did get the ceasar trait. so for me like this happened twice, the second heir got the ceasar trait

dvk901's Avatar Consummatum est
    Patrician

I am sorry for not responding to this, I've had some RL issues recently and haven't had the time for it. Still don't really, as I am away from home now. All I can say off the top of my head is that I 'think' much of what happens at the time of the rebellion is handled by the script. If the script wasn't running for some reason it will mess things up. Also, there are a couple things that happen which require the FL to be in Rome for the correct traits to be given...this may be one of them. But I'll check it more closely when I get home.

Creator of: "Ecce, Roma Surrectum....Behold, Rome Arises!"
    R.I.P. My Beloved Father

Thank you.