Page 7 of 239 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516173257107 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Public Beta Release - Preview in post #3249 - page 163

john duca's Avatar Biarchus

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Full Public Beta Release

So this one is broken?

FireFreak111's Avatar Artifex

(Reposting to reduce the amount of duplicate reports).

Going to give a run down on the progress of different errors, as there are general patterns here, please read.

Download Issues
    At the moment we only have ModDB as a source to download from, we have looked into torrents, however setting one up has proven problematic. If someone in the community could create a torrent of the public beta, everyone would be incredibly thankful.

For now the plan is to upload the mod additionally to MEGA tommorow.

If you want a better download speed on ModDB, or can't access any mirrors, try making an account before you download. If it gets stuck at 99%, try another browser (Chrome or IE) if you have one. Otherwise, the MEGA source may prove more reliable.

CRASHES
    Khazad-dum Campaign CTD's/General playability issues
    We dont recommend using this faction until the hotfix arrives, which will repair the faction, remove all ctd's and allow the campaign to be played.

Texture Load CTD's/99% CTD
    This may be caused by an bugged installation, so the first step is to try a reinstall, double check your using a completely fresh install with 3.2. The Installer currently adds alot of models that aren't needed, the hotfix installer will remove these. Some people may be having the issues because of this, so waiting for the hotfix would be wise.

OTHER BUGS
    Random custom settlements loading for generic settlements.
    The installer currently does not clean up an old folder used for the old 'Custom' culture that the custom battles used to load custom_settlements, causing the Wildmen culture to load these. The Hotfix installer will clean these up.

Silver Surfers.
    A few such as Frodo, a couple in Balin's army will be fixed in the hotfix. When reporting these, state the unit, state what faction controlled it. Incredibly important. If its the captain unit (1 man), state that.

Hotfix will arive within a few hours, please be patient while we fix what a small private beta team could have never found

@john ducca
    It's relatively stable, as always some people have issues with the mod. Once the hotfix comes out it will be significantly more stable.

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

I dunno what with your games guys, it worked for me without any crashes. I think Khazad Dum crashes 'coz when i start any faction(except Moria) it writes to me that Khazad Dum faction is dead. maybe this is a reason why you can't start it

Semisalis

In all cases this mod is simply brilliant , i havent take such pleasure playing MTW2 since the release of Call of Warhammer , years ago. This is in my opinion the best submod for third age (i've played many) ..even with such things which are not in the lore, its not at all disturbing and very well integrated. Congratulations for this masterpiece and it will be perfect with the next features.

On this link its working. now downloading. Thank you

You guys should do some installation instructions..some mods need to put them manually in /mods folder some does not , just the main m2tw folder

Yes can u guys do some installation instructions ? maybe i'm installating wrong ... becouse it still gives the same crashes

I put it to install in the main m2tw folder but it doesn't seem to work..why you dont put some instructions?

Semisalis

Installation is simple : Clean Third Age total war 3.0 + 3.1 +3.2 ..without any other submod on it, run the installer of D&C , put the full adress of the third age folder during the process..run the main shortcut and its working .

Quote Originally Posted by john duca View Post
    I put it to install in the main m2tw folder but it doesn't seem to work..why you dont put some instructions?
    you have to put the folder's adress of third age , not m2tw.

If you pointed the installer to m2tw, then reinstall m2tw, as that would ruin the install. Point it to Third_Age_3, instructions added to clarify this (even though by default the installer points to that folder)

I simply installed it into my ThirdAge folder, short of some (to be expected) CTDs and the disappointment of getting all the way to Moria as KazDwarves only to be told "Nope, cant get us!". It's a truly epic submod.
    As i've told Emp, i'll have to make a few video's/series with it at some point.

I've got a couple of bugs and a question. First the bugs. I get a CTD when loading the battlemap for barketta and celoniach. Also when I load the fornost erain battlemap it loads as hornburg although it sounds like the hotfix will address that. Lastly, is the king of rohan alwasy supposed to die on the first turn? I'm playing as Northern Dunedain and have started fresh 3 times and each time the king of rohan dies on the first turn.

In Lore the King died at 2980, so farewell Thengel .

Gondor motte & bailey CTD fixed with the incoming hotfix.

How slowly are cities like amon sul and fornost erain supposed to grow because so far their population levels have not changed.

Also, could someone tell me how to edit posts since I can't find how and I don't want to spam the forum.

Quote Originally Posted by hortanium View Post
    How slowly are cities like amon sul and fornost erain supposed to grow because so far their population levels have not changed.

Also, could someone tell me how to edit posts since I can't find how and I don't want to spam the forum.
    You need 25 posts before you can edit a post sorry. Amon Sul, Lond Ninaeth, Rhosgobel and Dunharrow are locked. Their population doesn't grow. Fornost will be slow as it is a castle and they grow slower than towns.

To answer a post quite a few back, the campaign UI is supposed to be transparent. Please don't report it is a bug.

I have just try to create a torrent. Can 2/3 people PM me if they are interested to test it out (and possibly people who have already downloaded it to seed).

I have found the Truth, my end and Salvation...

Possibility's Avatar Foederatus

Seems like the mountain settlement battlemaps (Moria, Goblin Town etc) need some tweaking. They seem a bit broken, terrain is very jagged outside, and it's very hard to move the camera inside the mountain (open topped?)

Updated the OP with the link to a post with the pictures for the installation. LINK to the post: http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post12777400
    American, French, Israeli and British government's ILLEGAL aggression against the Syrian people, without any proof for chemical attacks in Douma, and without waiting for OPCW to conduct their investigation..
    Sons of *******, leave that poor, war torn country in peace.
    If you are a citizen of one of these countries, then DO NOT ask any help from me on these forums, since, in protest against this aggression by your governments, I do not provide assistance/help anymore.
    Let Syria be finally in peace.

A video of false chemical attack in Douma, Syria, which led to Western illegal attacks.

Gosh this is not working --'' i try to install it again and again and nothing --'' ... after the intro and when the bar is almost full it crashes

Nergor's Avatar Tiro

GREAT WORK - Congratulation for the release