Thread: Divide and Conquer - Public Beta Release - Preview in post #3249 - page 163

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Public Beta Release - Preview in post #3249 - page 163

Mordor was not a volcanic wasteland, the sea of Nurn would have been quite fertile, and full of rich minerals.
    ...and the drawing of the scimitars of the Southrons was like a glitter of stars.

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Public Beta Release - Preview in post #3249 - page 163

Hey,

I'm currently creating a submod, who do I contact regarding permissions to use units from D&C in it?

Zarathos's Avatar Miles

Depends on what units you need. Try contacting Arachir.

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathos View Post
    Depends on what units you need. Try contacting Arachir.
    Thanks, sent a PM!

how do you uninstall the patch? the patch makes my game crash every time upon startup

Dutch-Balrog's Avatar Domesticus

By reinstalling the mod. :]

EDIT: You took my gaming name. >:[
    Guan Yu is mine.
    Last edited by Dutch-Balrog; July 27, 2014 at 02:30 PM.

Gratzy2's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by guanyu1 View Post
    how do you uninstall the patch? the patch makes my game crash every time upon startup
    gotta reinstall it completely

The remnant of the King's Men who survived in Middle-earth after the destruction of Númenor were called the Black Númenóreans since they worshipped Sauron and were "enamoured of evil knowledge". They worshipped Darkness, and believed that Melkor and Sauron were its most powerful servants. At the end of the Second Age two of their number, Herumor and Fuinur, became lords among the Haradrim, though what became of them is unknown.

Hey! Just reinstalled my game but would like to continue to were i left of on my saves. I think I had patch 1 installed but I cant seem to find it anywhere for download. Anyone knows where i can get it or if patch 2 is save game compatible?

Quote Originally Posted by Alekhine View Post
    First of all, congratulations on finally releasing DaC!
    You mean the new patch is released ?
    I choose to die on my feet, rather than live on my knees!

Foederatus

It is normal to see Tirith Aear units with relfections bugs?, this only happens with Tirith Aear units and Knights of the Silver Swann.
    I have to reinstall?

Those units are all remade in the next version, don't need to worry about the current ones.

Could anyone help me with this? A while ago I posted a problem about my Doriwinion campaign crashing as my turn started and being unable to continue. Arachir tried to help me with this before back in May, but he couldn't find anything wrong with my log. Now this problem is happening with a Mordor campaign I decided to get back to playing. I really don't understand why this is happening, as I've had no other campaigns except those two that have done this. Except this time, it crashes before my turn even starts.

I'm on turn 50ish, well after barracks event. I can't tell if its an error with an event script as the game will crash while transitioning from Bandits/Rebels to my turn. Here is my log:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    14:23:05.140 [system.rpt] [always] CPU: SSE214:23:06.044 [system.rpt] [always] ==== system log start, build date: Aug 3 2007 version bld-medieval2-kingdoms-104 (45562) ===
    14:23:06.107 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_0.pack
    14:23:06.138 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_1.pack
    14:23:06.154 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_2.pack
    14:23:06.247 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_3.pack
    14:23:06.263 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/data_4.pack
    14:23:06.278 [system.io] [always] mounted pack packs/localized.pack
    14:23:25.348 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 12168, column 2
    Building DB error - faction timurids has gap in building prior to huge_stone_wall
    14:23:25.348 [script.err] [error] Script Error in mods/Third_Age_3/data/export_descr_buildings.txt, at line 12168, column 2
    Building DB error - faction teutonic_order has gap in building prior to huge_stone_wall
    Building DB error - faction aztecs has gap in building prior to huge_stone_wall
    Building DB error - faction timurids has gap in building prior to fortress (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction timurids has gap in building prior to citadel (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction saxons has gap in building prior to fortress (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction saxons has gap in building prior to citadel (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction egypt has gap in building prior to fortress (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction egypt has gap in building prior to citadel (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction mongols has gap in building prior to fortress (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction mongols has gap in building prior to citadel (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction ireland has gap in building prior to fortress (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction ireland has gap in building prior to citadel (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction teutonic_order has gap in building prior to fortress (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction teutonic_order has gap in building prior to citadel (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction aztecs has gap in building prior to fortress (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction aztecs has gap in building prior to citadel (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction england has gap in building prior to fortress
    Building DB error - faction england has gap in building prior to citadel
    Building DB error - faction poland has gap in building prior to fortress
    Building DB error - faction poland has gap in building prior to citadel
    Building DB error - faction france has gap in building prior to fortress
    Building DB error - faction france has gap in building prior to citadel
    Building DB error - faction hre has gap in building prior to fortress
    Building DB error - faction hre has gap in building prior to citadel
    Building DB error - faction portugal has gap in building prior to fortress
    Building DB error - faction portugal has gap in building prior to citadel
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to fortress
    Building DB error - faction papal_states has gap in building prior to citadel
    Building DB error - faction ents has gap in building prior to fortress (unavailable at level zero)
    Building DB error - faction ents has gap in building prior to citadel (unavailable at level zero)
    14:24:11.542 [game.script] [always] Germanicu5 ReallyBadAI v5.7 Running. Please upload log and savegames when reporting battle CTDs for SS.
    14:33:33.050 [system.rpt] [error] Medieval 2: Total War encountered an unspecified error and will now exit.

Zarathos's Avatar Miles

LuckyPistol, you need to turn on trace logs.

[log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    level = * trace

And this is what every user should do before reporting something. Those logs are meaningless, it's like asking someone to look into the crystall ball to predict your future
    All i can see is that everything was running fine until, after 9 minutes of gameplay, something went wrong.

Gratzy2's Avatar Semisalis

Quote Originally Posted by Celulariq View Post
    It is normal to see Tirith Aear units with relfections bugs?, this only happens with Tirith Aear units and Knights of the Silver Swann.
    I have to reinstall?
    been fixed in the next release thank you

The remnant of the King's Men who survived in Middle-earth after the destruction of Númenor were called the Black Númenóreans since they worshipped Sauron and were "enamoured of evil knowledge". They worshipped Darkness, and believed that Melkor and Sauron were its most powerful servants. At the end of the Second Age two of their number, Herumor and Fuinur, became lords among the Haradrim, though what became of them is unknown.

So med 2 got patched...now the launcher is gone...I'm sure this is now a common question today but how do I play my mods ((
    "We sons of Grungni may have drunk deep from the bitter waters of misfortune, but we yet survive. Whilst a single Dwarf draws breath, we will fight the evils that assail us, and we will never, ever give up."
    +++ Hengist Stonebelly, Dwarf Longbeard +++

kylephoenix17's Avatar Foederatus

great mod

Quote Originally Posted by Zarathos View Post
    LuckyPistol, you need to turn on trace logs.

[log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    level = * trace

And this is what every user should do before reporting something. Those logs are meaningless, it's like asking someone to look into the crystall ball to predict your future
    All i can see is that everything was running fine until, after 9 minutes of gameplay, something went wrong.

This is what my [log] looks like:

[log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    ;level = * trace
    level = * error

How do I turn them on, by removing the ";"?

Quote Originally Posted by LuckyPistol View Post
    This is what my [log] looks like:

[log]
    to = logs/system.log.txt
    ;level = * trace
    level = * error

How do I turn them on, by removing the ";"?
    Yes, remove the semi-colon. What I would say is that in the current version used by the community, Mordor has a game ending crash at turn 50 every single time. As far as I am aware, it has been fixed in our testing but it will remain a problem until we release. As Z has discovered through the testing, many different things can cause crashes, like typos in certain files, sounds not being linked properly, unit design being too heavy and lagging on the game; eventually crashing. So the Dorwinion one could be any number of things. What I can say is that we haven't had many CTD's in our testing phase and those that were have been routed out. So all is looking positive.

Quote Originally Posted by Puddin127 View Post
    So med 2 got patched...now the launcher is gone...I'm sure this is now a common question today but how do I play my mods ((
    Reinstalling Medieval 2 completely and then replacing one of the kingdoms campaigns with the mod has worked for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    Yes, remove the semi-colon. What I would say is that in the current version used by the community, Mordor has a game ending crash at turn 50 every single time. As far as I am aware, it has been fixed in our testing but it will remain a problem until we release. As Z has discovered through the testing, many different things can cause crashes, like typos in certain files, sounds not being linked properly, unit design being too heavy and lagging on the game; eventually crashing. So the Dorwinion one could be any number of things. What I can say is that we haven't had many CTD's in our testing phase and those that were have been routed out. So all is looking positive.
    Ah so Mordor's being so evil it won't let you play with them? I try a new Dorwinion campaign sometime and see if the problem persists, but thank you very much for your help! Obviously both of you have been repped