Page 2 of 239 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Public Beta Release - Preview in post #3249 - page 163

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Full Public Beta Release

Quote Originally Posted by NejkoPejko View Post
    1 question. Is the balance done good? MOS had a pretty good balance. Tnx for answer.
    You tell us! We have balanced it time and time again but things always slip through the net. Play it and let us know your thoughts and then release 1.0 can be balanced to perfection (almost).

But srsly now i wil fail all my tests in college now that this is released, you choose a bad time xD *feels happy*

To those that played this, how does it compare to MOS? Is it better? Does it have more content, or less? Since honestly it seems like it's less expansive than MOS other than world map.

It has more content (just compare the two installer weight). We add 10 factions, 200 new units, some script, and of course our great map.)

And of course it is better

Civis

Okay, am i missing something here? How do i install it with steam? all i get when i run the campaign is the regular britania map and factions(england is mordor) and thats it.

Emperor of Hell's Avatar SPA-NED 1-5

Quote Originally Posted by H.Maverick View Post
    Okay, am i missing something here? How do i install it with steam? all i get when i run the campaign is the regular britania map and factions(england is mordor) and thats it.
    Scroll down here:
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...h-pictures-!-)

till the "Steam Installation" part. Pick one of those options.

Quote Originally Posted by Arandir Tur-Anion View Post
    It has more content (just compare the two installer weight). We add 10 factions, 200 new units, some script, and of course our great map.)

And of course it is better
    Do you include some peculiar stuff that I love about MOS?
    Namely immortal Nazgul, becons of Gondor, army of the dead, reforming Arnor, Sauron & One Ring script/event and similar stuff?

Most of such script are not done yet. We already have a Sauron&One Ring Script. The other one need to be rethink and done (Sauron Script will also be redone)

Ultra123's Avatar Senator

Quote Originally Posted by jedi7000nathan View Post
    BOOYAH!!!!!!!! (Cue the Elephants on parade)

Redgrave's Avatar Civis

Wow. Just started a campaign as Dol Amroth. I wasn't expecting an attack on my capital by turn 2! This may be a bit harder than I thought... Although I'm sure I will enjoy it
    One does not desire the power of a nation,
    So much as one treasures reputation.
    This poem is not a 'trap', nor a 'trep',
    It is simply a device for the collection of rep.

Congratulations guys! I have been following this submod for years, eagerly awaiting this day. It's still a bit unbelievable seeing my username in the contributions.

Speaking of, I completed the portraits for Hobbits, Corsairs, and Barliman Butterbur that Arachir Galudirithon asked for, and PM'd him thursday, but I'm not sure my message went through, so here you go, just in case:

HCB.7z

Quote Originally Posted by Arandir Tur-Anion View Post
    Most of such script are not done yet. We already have a Sauron&One Ring Script. The other one need to be rethink and done (Sauron Script will also be redone)
    What about other specific scripts I asked about?

Oh God I'm going to fail my classes...

Great job team! I have been waiting so long for this!

What about other specific scripts I asked about
    At the moment we don't have many scripts yet but I can assure you that we have permission for many and will add them in future releases. Right now we just wanted to get a stable version out and adding hundreds of scripts at once tend to make that harder .

For the moment they are not included in the game

In that case it was way too bold of a statement on your part that this is better than MOS. It's certainly a big and interesting mod, but I guess I will stick with MOS for now, at least until you guys add more features.

Got it working now however the road to Moria is blocked by Restricted area at the Dimral dale

Thanks for the bug report. I've spoken to others and they have the same problem. As it is right now, Khazad Dum shouldn't be played yet, till we release a hotfix.

Quote Originally Posted by Canzah View Post
    In that case it was way too bold of a statement on your part that this is better than MOS. It's certainly a big and interesting mod, but I guess I will stick with MOS for now, at least until you guys add more features.
    Your comment suggests that more scripts means more fun? I heartily disagree I am afraid. I personally don't care for the scripts, the increased factions, new units and interactive rosters are enough to keep me happy. We all view the world through our own looking glass...

Thanks for the feedback. I certainly recommend you try DaC once. Not now perhaps, but a future release will certainly have the amount of scripts you're looking for.