Page 10 of 239 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: Divide and Conquer - Public Beta Release - Preview in post #3249 - page 163

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Full Public Beta Release (Hotfix on Page 8!!!)

What's up guys! I've never played this mod before so i thought i'd give it a chance now that it's a beta. Anyways, as i love playing as the dwarves i decided to start a campaign with Balin. Now, my question is: Will i be able to recruit cavalry units(mercenaries then)? As i am a big fan and very good at the Hammer & Anvil tactic. Btw, your mod looks nice as F!

game crashes when it finished building mithril mine
    ps i finished balrog quest(i mean after he respawns again i killed him)

Mr.Jox's Avatar WHY SO SERIOUS?!

Wow so much funs of Khazad Dum faction. Looks like this faction requires new units from the Hobbit movie Do you guys have permission for this so you can find a modeller for this job?

What's up guys! I've never played this mod before so i thought i'd give it a chance now that it's a beta. Anyways, as i love playing as the dwarves i decided to start a campaign with Balin. Now, my question is: Will i be able to recruit cavalry units(mercenaries then)? As i am a big fan and very good at the Hammer & Anvil tactic. Btw, your mod looks nice as F!

Quote Originally Posted by Militiaops View Post
    KD don't get any type of cavalry save for the standard Mercs all good factions get but they are only recruitable in Rhovanion.

Quote Originally Posted by VladVonCarstein View Post
    game crashes when it finished building mithril mine
    ps i finished balrog quest(i mean after he respawns again i killed him)
    A new KD bug. Could you PM me the last few lines of your log as there will be a definite reason why the mithril mines crash the game.

Quote Originally Posted by Jox25 View Post
    Wow so much funs of Khazad Dum faction. Looks like this faction requires new units from the Hobbit movie Do you guys have permission for this so you can find a modeller for this job?
    I think the entire modding community hopes there is someone who can model units successfully! We all want to see those new Elves and Dwarves.

Ah okey. Btw, for some reason i cannot edit/delete my comment so i'll just ask you here. Is it supposed to be so that i only spawn with Balin when startint a new KD-Campaign? I'm totally fine with that but it's just that recruiting units and constructing buildings so i can have a good economy will make him old. So that will mean i won't be able to conqueer Moria with him. I hope i didn't do anything wrong under the installation(pretty sure i didn't) and that it's not a bug. Anyways, mod is looking very nice! I will be starting a campaign with Gondor and the Ered Luin-Dwarves soon just to test them out.

Ah okey. Btw, for some reason i cannot edit/delete my comment so i'll just ask you here. Is it supposed to be so that i only spawn with Balin when startint a new KD-Campaign? I'm totally fine with that but it's just that recruiting units and constructing buildings so i can have a good economy will make him old. So that will mean i won't be able to conqueer Moria with him. I hope i didn't do anything wrong under the installation(pretty sure i didn't) and that it's not a bug. Anyways, mod is looking very nice! I will be starting a campaign with Gondor and the Ered Luin-Dwarves soon just to test them out.
    You can't edit posts till you have 25 posts under your belt. Yes it is totally expected. You are forced to march to Moria straight away, there is a small interactive feature at the start of the campaign then everything is normal after that and you start in KD. Personally, with the new units for Erebor and the large amount of unique settlements in the Misty Mountains, I find Erebor much more fun than KD. Once you get to Moria and kill the Balrog you release your only real enemy is Dunland and what are a load of flea ridden hill tramps going to do against the Dwarves?

Senator

I HAZ DOWNLODED SUKSESSFULLI

*Gollum*

Default Re: Divide and Conquer - Full Public Beta Release

Quote Originally Posted by Arachir Galudirithon View Post
    Everybody seems to want to play as Khazad-Dum when Dol Amroth are sitting their in all their majesty just waiting to destroy Umbar.
    It's not like we weren't warned in advance

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...1#post13407608

Redgrave's Avatar Civis

Thank you for these, we will consider the Balrog a WIP and work on keeping him at a low number. Usually, if you auto-resolve you can win no problem and if that fails, then auto_win works wonderfully (especially for testing). Everybody seems to want to play as Khazad-Dum when Dol Amroth are sitting their in all their majesty just waiting to destroy Umbar.
    Well, if my freaking FACTION HEIR hadn't been assassinated, maybe I would have played as them...
    One does not desire the power of a nation,
    So much as one treasures reputation.
    This poem is not a 'trap', nor a 'trep',
    It is simply a device for the collection of rep.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoods25 View Post
    The download rate is too slow, I use super fast BT ifinity, please increase your server rate
    "facepalm" if you are downloading it via torrent, first learn and understand how torrents work, only then try to accuse someone. If you download via moddb, also learn how moddb servers work and then accuse someone.

Ah okey, btw i just realised that i forgot to install the hotfix. Anyways, i also find Erebor to be much more fun then KD(although it's kinda unfair to KD since i've played 3 campaigns as the Erebor Dwarves in TATW and MOS XD). Btw, what do you mean with the "interactive feature at the start of the campaign"? O.o

Btw, what do you mean with the "interactive feature at the start of the campaign"? O.o
    There are some campaign scripts written specifically for certain factions in DaC. They give you choices that you have to make when you play that faction.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfwoods25 View Post
    The download rate is too slow, I use super fast BT ifinity, please increase your server rate
    From my PoV, quite fast for a free download either moddb or torrent one. Anyway not everybody has 'super fast BT ifinity', so torrenting can be slow to go to full potential...
    Sit and enjoy a good movie

Do you mean the torrent the main download or the hotfix? Either way, if it takes a little while it takes a little while? The mod has taken 5 years, I am sure 1 more day won't kill anyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by c.ryo View Post
    "facepalm" if you are downloading it via torrent, first learn and understand how torrents work, only then try to accuse someone. If you download via moddb, also learn how moddb servers work and then accuse someone.
    I agree.

Now about the mod:

The map is awesome.
    For now, in my Rangers quick overlook. Everything seems ok and as far as I know, no Arnor, Cardolan troops ? [Too bad I just loved the Arnor style].

I have found the Truth, my end and Salvation...

Quote Originally Posted by Redgrave View Post
    Well, if my freaking FACTION HEIR hadn't been assassinated, maybe I would have played as them...
    You don't need Imrahil to lead DA to victory, Adrahil is perfectly suited to the task and failing that, the noble lords of Tarnost and Linhir will lay down their lives in service to the Prince.

There are 3 units from the old Arnor faction available in Arthedain. There are also three new units made by Squaks that can only be trained in Cardolan. Arnor's units may well re-emerge when the ReUK come back in a future patch.

played about two hours now, as Umbar, and it was fun, but i have one problem with the mod. After several turns, full gondor stacks started to randomly appear on my shores. It was odd, beacause every time i got the event that told me to send my ships to intercept gondor fleet, but they were always already on land. And since my entire army was busy fighting near Dol Amroth, i couldn't muster enough defenders in time, and got stomped to death. So i suppose "randomly appearing stacks of death" could use some more balancing.

Ah okey. Do i have to wait some years untill i get that option/choice? Because so far i've played atleast 10+ turns and still no option.

Civis

Okay some bugs i found after installing the hotfix.

first one is Osgiliath re-built http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/7...6/screenshots/

Dol Amroth Bodyguard need "isengard steel" to get better armor

Gondorian militia (sword/archer) both have a dol amroth banner carrier

The cave in henneth annun is all black

Gondor militia classified as spearmen

Civis

sorry for the double post but forgot to add this.

Gondorian militia (sword/archer/"cavalry") all have a dol amroth banner carrier

Dol amroth general brandir? i think his name is, one of the first they have, got a gondorian BG.

Also the re-build osgiliath is the eastern side, not sure how it looks like on the west side

hello guys great work with the mod!!! i have successfully download it without any problem but i have the same issue in the KD campaign game crashes when i finish mithril mine.
    In the end i want to know if the northen dunedain structures are the same as the barbarian total war buldings or there is a bug too.
    Thanks for the mod and we awaiting for the full game!!