Page 10 of 482 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819203560110 ... LastLast

Thread: Crossroads Saloon OOC Chat

Default Re: Crossroads Saloon OOC Chat

I've prepared for war three times now, if I don't get to fight a battle I will be disapointed

Wheatley's Avatar Primicerius

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    I suppose it is going to look very bad for the King if he lets everyone else fight a war on his behalf without participating at all.

You should take the southern route now to Gulltown
    K.

Well, army recalculated, now I have 19,500 troops marching to Wickenden.

Then, can I take that path to the Vale, or not?

Left: artwork by the great Duncan Fegredo.

A link to my Deviantart's account.

Campidoctor

By the way, are these rules being kept at all?

Each region, when marching to battle, has a minimum number of armies that they must divide their forces into. In order to prevent LPs from placing all but a few thousand men into one army, there will still be a hard cap on the size of an army that is determined by a percentage of the levy that varies by region.

All armies must march separately (be at least three hexes apart).
    Armies can come together in a location and fight (though this would require exquisite timing to actually work as well as some RP).
    More than one army can camp in the same area during the mustering phase.

The Reach: 60,500 = minimum of 3 armies, with no army greater in size than about 55% of your levy (about 33,000 men)
    Riverlands: 54,000 = minimum of 3 armies, with no army greater in size of about 55% of your levy (about 30,000 men)
    Westerlands: 47,500 = minimum of 2 armies, with no army larger than 55% of your levy men (about 26,000 men)
    The North: 31,000 = minimum of 2 armies, with no army larger 65% of your levy men (about 20,000 men)
    Stormlands: 37,500 = minimum of 2 armies, with no army larger 60% of your levy men (about 22,500 men)
    The Vale: 31,500 = minimum of 2 armies, with no army larger 65% of your levy men (about 20,000 men)
    Crownlands: 36,750 = minimum of 2 armies, with no army larger 60% of your levy men (about 22,000 men)
    Dorne: 34,000 = minimum of 2 armies, with no army larger 60% of your levy men (about 20,000 men)
    Iron Islands: 12,000 = No minimum amount of amries, but no army can be larger than 20,000 men.After a battle, a victorious force cannot move for 3 hours.

You may consider that the Bloody Gate is also under siege in minority as far as I have read. Don't know if this would be metagaming, but it would at least be a logical move to support the forces there, if the south line isn't possible. Better then getting massacered unfortunately.

@BC: At least this does count for me, though I may have to seperate the Freys probably from the main host, if my 33,000 troops are hitting the army limit too much. Thought Riverlands also had a maximum like the Reach. :/
    Last edited by Lord Dread; December 09, 2013 at 11:54 AM.

Those rules are stupid

Campidoctor

Still, they are sanctioned rules me thinks, otherwise they wouldn't be in that thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Pontifex Maximus View Post
    Those rules are stupid
    But the mods proposed them as far as I remember for trying to prevent players from massing armies.
    Though I have to admit, that I was before against this rule, I guess that it has still it's validity.

But I actually like it, that we can now test these rules out on my example, I once have given you all. xD

Well, I will march to Blood's gate then, Let's suppose that, as in lore, the Vale is fully encircled and that Wickenden peaks are unpassable.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Byzantine: I'd imagine so when campaigning starts. It seems armies are just moving to campsites right now. The Lannisters will need to split their forces up if they're to go on an offensive.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Re: Arresting the Lords of Cracklaw.

Aren't they all now, along with their troops, in the King's royal army?

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    Re: Arresting the Lords of Cracklaw.

Aren't they all now, along with their troops, in the King's royal army?
    I corrected that earlier. Since the King is declaring them treasonous, they shouldn't be joining his banner.

That along with a few other things have reduced the Crownlands full strength to 20,000 men.

Poach's Avatar Civitate

Ah ok. Let's take a vote! Does Amory lose the threatened bodypart before Raymar's men stop torturing him?

Quote Originally Posted by Poach View Post
    Ah ok. Let's take a vote! Does Amory lose the threatened bodypart before Raymar's men stop torturing him?
    Don't know the man, but I would vote for yes, cause for the lulz.
    Though it's a shame his name's Amory. I like that name... as good as Alester <3

I really don't want to do even more math before a battle happens and potentially no battle.

I vote yes as I doubt Raymar's men would stop torturing him even if he divulges the information they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Honors Bastion View Post
    I corrected that earlier. Since the King is declaring them treasonous, they shouldn't be joining his banner.

That along with a few other things have reduced the Crownlands full strength to 20,000 men.
    *Sigh*

But thanks for pointing it out, HB.

Rosby and Darklyn's levies will join Maekar to punish Crackclaw. Well if Hayford doesn't stop him before.

And he will lose his manhood, for sure.

Regards

If that stupid army size limit is going to be enforced consider the Westerland host to be split in half going in the same direction. I'll figure it out later.

Adamat's Avatar Invertebrate

Can we speak to the runaway Reyne anywhere?
    #JusticeForCookie #JusticeForCal #JusticeForAkar #JusticeForAthelchan

Poach's Avatar Civitate

I thought we'd decided long ago that "fleeing to Essos" wasn't allowed as standard?

Also can someone do the information roll on Amory?