Thread: Broken Scimitar.....Under development

Commander of Faith's Avatar Libertus

Default Broken Scimitar.....Under development

Hell guys!Well last year I decided to make a sub-mod for one of this great mod basic versions,but unfortunately it ended in a failure because of some events.

Now,after about one year and a couple of months,I have decided to work on this sub-mod once again,in a vaster and greater domain of course!

This sub-mod is not about the main mod's period of time.In fact the sub-mod will take you back to about 300 years before the events of BC,when the first independent Persian-Islamic states from Caliphate appeared in the world,like :

~Alid Government of Tabaristan , Saffarid Aiiars Emirate , Samanid Emirate and Tahirid Emirate.

In this sub-mod,no KhwarezmSham , Kingdom of Jerusalem,Turks,Imamate of Oman,Great Seljuks or Ayyubid Sultanate exists.In fact,I wanted to add a new culture to the game,but because of the "African" culture which was made by our friends in BC team,I couldn't do it only if I were going to use one of the existing cultures as a host culture;So I used northern_european culture as my host culture and after three days,I changed it as much as I wanted and converted it to Persian culture(It is really close to middle_eastern culture,but with new buildings,portraits,musics and ...) for the factions which I wanted them to be Persian.Here is the list of the factions which I have changed or I'm going to change :

~Kingdom of Jerusalem : Completely removed!
    ~Ayyubid Sultanate : Completely removed!
    ~The Turks : Going to change them into Tahirid Emirate
    ~Imamate of Oman : Going to change them into Samanid Emirate
    ~Great Seljuks : Going to change them into Saffarid Aiiars Emirate
    ~KhwarezmShah : Going to change them into Alid Government of Tabaristan

All of the factions above will be in the Persian(ex northern_european) culture category of course.
    Well,for units I have decided to use the BC mod original models with some changes in them(specially in the texture files).I hope the model makers of BC won't be angry of that(if it has any problem,please inform me)!Many of the units(export_descr_units.txt) which are related to BC mod period of time will be inactivated or simply changed.

*A new religion is going to be added to game with the name (Shia Zaydi) which is the official religion of Alid Government of Tabaristan.

*New traits,titles and ancillaries will be added or some of the current traits will be changed!

*And many other things...

~Well,right now I am working on first faction which is going to be changed(KhwarezmShah to Alid Government of Tabaristan)...I am adding units to this faction right now and I think it will last a little longer to completely change this faction.However,I have some problems which I hope some people would be able to help me with them!

~The units which I have made doesn't have any special sounds(for example by clicking on a heavy infantry unit,you won't hear "Heavy Infantry")----->help!

~I will be so grateful if someone who is very good at script writing(descr_strat.txt and descr_mercenaries.txt and ...) could help me.

~It would be so good if someone who is good with Photoshop could help me...

As soon as pics and other information about the sub-mod get prepared,I will put them here...Good Luck!

Default Re: Broken Scimitar.....Under development

I think this is a good idea for a submod. I would like to see a new "Parthian" empire come back to life, rebuilding the fire temples, etc. Perhaps a lot more revolts in places like Egypt which were predominantly Christian, or in areas of Iran that at this time were still heavily Zoroastrian. I also IIRC that the Khazars were still around at this point in time as well which would introduce a Jewish faction into the game. Byzantinboy's Jizya submod could also be integrated into an earlier period of time as well.

Send me a pm with what specifics you need help with, and as time permits I will help where I can with scripting, or 2d art. etc.

Hello!Well the process of sub-mod is going so well!Anyway I still need someones who can help me with making new models and 2d graphics!!Please...Please help me if you can!Please!!!!!!!!

Broken Scimitar

Introduction : Broken Scimitar is a kind of special sub-mod for great masterpiece made by BC team,The Broken Crescent Mod.Broken Scimitar will take you back to about 250 years before the events of Broken Crescent,when first independent or semi-independent Islamic governments from Abbasid Caliphate were going to appear in Persia and Transoxania.

In this mod,you will observe factions like ; The Alids of Tabaristan , The Saffarids of Sistan , The Samanid Emirate of Balkh , The Tahirid Emirate of Khurassan , The Habbari Malikate of Sindh and Pala Empire at first,but I have planned to spawn The Sultanate of Ghazni, The Fatimid Caliphate , The Ayyubid Sultanate , The Crusaders and The Great Seljuks too during the events of the sub-mod.

In this sub-mod,the Northern European culture has been changed into Persian culture for supporting factions like The Alids of Tabaristan , The Saffarids of Sistan , The Samanid Emirate of Balkh , The Tahirid Emirate of Khurassan and ... including some new portraits for the characters and new panel textures and also new buildings of course.

In addition,I'm going to change some of the BC unit models to make new units for BS sub-mod(with permission of course).

First Faction Introduction
    (Not Completed)
    The Alids of Tabaristan

The Alids of Tabaristan:859 A.D

After the fall of Sassanid Empire and Muslims Conquests,most regions of Persia fell into hands of Rashidun and later Umayyids Caliphate.But between all these regions,Tabaristan and Daylam survived from Arabic Caliphates' influence and remained as an independent part of the country ruled by small local governments.

Most parts of theTabaristan,where was more influenced by Zoroastrian traditions and culture,remained Zoroastrian until 821 A.D .After 821 A.D and independence of Tahirids from Abbasids in Khurassan,Tabaristan began to lose its independence because of the influence of Tahirid Dynasty between both people of Persia and nobles of Abbasid Caliphate,and also continuouse battles for taking control of Daylam and Tabaristan.Finally,Tabaristan lost its own complete independence and became one of the semi-independent governments of Abbasid Caliphate under control ofTahirid Emirs of Khurassan;but still Tabaristan remained as a place which has more non-Muslims population than Muslims population.

Despite the basic and first methodes of Tahirids for ruling the country,The Emirs little by little changed their policy and began to ignore peoples' demands and let their curropted relatives rule over the lands under their control.In 859 A.D,finally the cruelity of one of these curropted governors who was the uncle of one of Tahirid Emirs,caused people of Tabaristan to rise against Tahirid and Abbasid reign and support The Alids' Cause against them.The leader of Alids of Tabaristan ,Hassan Ibn Zeid Daei Kabir who was one of the descendants of Prophet Muhammad,began to gain more and more power and support from the people of Tabaristan and untill 861 A.D,he succeeded to capture all over Tabaristan and Daylam and Gilan and found the Zeidi-Shia Government of Tabaristan and so the story of The Alids of Tabaristan,just began from here....

Military Flags of this Faction :

New Units for this faction (until now)

Cavalry

Daylamite Heavy Cavalry

Daylamite Mace Cavalry

Daylamite Light Horsemen

Buyyid Heavy Cavalry

Buyyid Lancers

GREAT !
    Keep working my friend!

I agree with Mahmood, this looks very good!

Thanks,I am just going to complete this faction with adding a few remaining last units.Also,I have to add new soundtracks to persian culture and changing some of the pictures.Also,I have planned to make special-buildings and traits for different cultures,toward other religions,which can change the religion policy of the characters.

Great ideas !
    hope release as soon as possible

Great job !
    Good luck