Thread: Broken Crescent Portrait Mod v2 (Updated 24FEB14)

Default Broken Crescent Portrait Mod v2 (Updated 24FEB14)

Broken Crescent Portrait Mod v2 (released 25 JAN 14)
    [COLOR=#0000ff Broken Crescent Portrait Mod[/COLOR]]

Download Links below:
    Game Front Link

Media Fire Link

[COLOR=#0000ff Download Instructions[/COLOR]]

1. Download file (.RAR file), using link provided;

2. Extract folder named Broken Crescent Portrait Mod v2 onto the desktop.

3. Run the installer and it should put the portraits and two text files into your Broken Crescent Mod. (i.e. SEGA\Medieval II Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms).

4. That's it, you're done! This mod is save-game compatible.

[COLOR=#0000ff Features[/COLOR]]

1. All General portraits include Young, Old, Dead portraits + Alpha Channels for unit cards;

2. All captain banners replaced

[COLOR=#0000ff The Portraits (Note: There are often more portraits included in the download than shown here in the preview).[/COLOR]]
    african culture generals
    Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 
    captain banners
    eastern_european culture generals
    greek culture generals
    mesoamerican culture (Indian) generals
    middle_eastern culture generals
    northern_european culture (KOJ) generals
    greek culture bishops
    northern_european and greek culture rogues:
    greek and northern_european merchants:
    middle_eastern and mesoamerican rogues:
    mesoamerican princess:
    Makurian Priests (african culture):
    African Princesses
    Arab, Turkish & Persian Princesses
    Hindu Pandits (Priests):
    Portraits for Muslim Imams and Diplomats
    Muslim Merchant portraits

[COLOR=#0000ff Credits[/COLOR]]
    Zyzyfer; Who has allowed me to use some of his portraits from his mod for Stainless Steel 6.4 located here: Portrait mod for SS6.4 v4.0

[COLOR=#0000ff Future Plans and Changelog[/COLOR]]
    1. Ongoing - As additional quality images are located, new portraits will be made. User assistance is requested especially for Indian and African general images.

2. I have also made many custom portraits as well and may include them as part of this mod at a later date depending on the release of Broken Crescent 2.4. Permission is given to the BC Team to use these portraits in whole or in part as they see fit.

CHANGELOG:
    Change 6 16AUG14 Added Custom Portraits

Change 5 24FEB14
    Added portraits for Muslim Priests (Imams), middle_eastern culture Dignataries and Diplomats use the same portraits as Muslim Imams, portraits for middle_eastern culture Merchants

Change 4 10FEB14
    Added portraits for (mesoamerican) Hindu Pandits, merchants and dignataries

Change 3 4FEB14
    Added African and Muslim Princesses for if and when players want to use use princesses for these cultures

Change 2 25JAN14
    Added family members for all factions/cultures, added Priests/Bishops for the African and Northern European cultures

Change 1 10DEC13
    Added Hindu Princess, Orthodox Bishops, Rogues, greek and northern_european Merchants

OPTIONAL: An optional descr_sm_factions is provided to allow all factions except rebels, to have princesses. If desired copy the new descr_sm_factions file and paste it into your Program Files\Sega\Medieval II Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data folder, or wherever your BC mod is located.

[COLOR=#0000ff Custom Portraits Added[/COLOR]]
    Custom Portraits Added
    To use the custom portraits you must add them to the Program Files\Sega\Medieval II Total War\mods\Broken_Crescent_kingdoms\data\ui\custom_portraits folder. They will not show up in the game until added to the appropriate entries in either the descr_strat file or the campaign_script file. Here is an example entry:
    Code:
    ;; Constantinople
    character    Manuel Komnenus, named character, male, leader, age 55, x 21, y 143, portrait Manuel_Komnenus
    traits Factionleader 1 , GoodCommander 4 , GoodDefender 2 , ReligionStarter 1 , PublicFaith 3
    ancillaries emperor_rome, iconofmichael
    army
    unit        bodyguard ere                exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    unit        ere elite varangian axemen                exp 0 armour 0 weapon_lvl 0
    Just add what is in red using the appropriate name of the character and the appropriate name of the folder where the portrait is located.

NOTE: Many of the Templar and Hospitaller portraits are to be used in 0TheLastTemplar0's *Jerusalem Rising* - A Submod for BC 2.3.2 mod. So bear in mind that they will be included in his mod as well.|
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; August 16, 2014 at 12:45 PM.

Default Re: Broken Crescent Portrait Mod

Updated portraits. Added orthodox bishops, eastern and western rogues, greek and northern_european merchants and Hindu Princesses.

Currently working on greek and northern_european princesses, middle_eastern merchants and imams and Coptic Bishops.

Looking forward to any comments, suggestions or feedback whether it be positive or negative. Thank you.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails splash.jpg   Thureos Reform.jpg   Gondor Settlement and fort.jpg   Gondor symbol blue will revert to black when part of RK.jpg  
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; August 14, 2017 at 01:50 PM.

Campidoctor
    Civitate

Looks pretty good. It would be cool if you also add new portraits for the Nubians

I am working on adding Coptic Bishops and family members next. Also looking for additional general portraits for the Makurians as well. I have made several greek culture princesses and looking for a few additional portraits for them.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; December 12, 2013 at 04:53 AM.

Great work!
    If I could maybe give you some advices:
    -it seems there are some western knights and some middle-eastern one in the greek package (and even one guy from XVII century tga04).
    -I can guess patriarch Kyrill, russian patriarch of Moscow and some others, but I think that in that time, some liturgical dresses were different, and by the way, some of people in greek bishops are egyptian coptic bishops.

Actually the greek culture tga 004 (general) is from the 1000s, I can't recall specifically what he is (strategos, ambassador, etc.) having sifted through literally thousands of images, but his image will be replaced in the next version but will be used as a merchant and ambassador.

As far as the other general units go, they are used for also for the Armenians and Georgians since they share the greek culture and will I presume be also used for the Russian faction as well when 2.4 comes out. The Armenians especially were very heavily influenced by the western European states that it bordered. Also the Eastern Romans used many Latin mercenaries as well.

Concerning the religious figures, since there are very few reenactors who dress up in period costumes dressed as bishops, the selection is rather limited.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; August 17, 2017 at 09:26 AM.

Yes, I understand better, you are doing a great job!

I think your final work should be integrated into BC2.4

I hope everyone has recovered from the New Years festivities in a safe manner. I have made some additional portraits and will hopefully get them put into an installer and uploaded in the next few days as time permits, I will also try and get the ancillary mod up to date as well but that will require a little more work to get done.

UchihaMadara21's Avatar Tiro

Looks amazing!!! And i recognize some faces there, haha.

BTW...i don't remember Indian factions having princesses....??? Atleast not in my version.

LOL I noticed that the Indians did not have princesses either till recently. I was doing some work in the faction descriptions file and turned on the princesses for the Hindu factions. As you can see it would be sad not to let them come out and play. It is quite a shame that the Muslim factions do not use princesses in the same manner that the other factions can. If I can recover my files off my dead computer then I should have an update soon.

Edit: I have ordered a new computer which should be here in ten days or so. Also there is hope that the data off my old hard drive can be recovered so if things go well there should be an update in 2-3 weeks....
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; January 11, 2014 at 01:09 PM.

Preview of the Makurian Priests (Coptic and Ethiopian Orthodox) located at the bottom of the first post. Will have an updated installer in the next day two.

EDIT: New version available. Added Makurian Priests/Bishops. Also added the descr_sm_factions file modified to allow for the use of Indian Princesses. Also added some custom portraits, feel free to use as desired. The next project I have in mind is to add merchant portraits for the middle_eastern and mesoamerican cultures as time permits.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; January 25, 2014 at 05:44 PM.

Default Re: Broken Crescent Portrait Mod v2

You should check the movie "Fetih 1453"

You can find

Crusader (Italian, Venetian) portraits

Byzantine or Eastern European portraits

Turkic (Seljuks of Rum) portraits

Thank you for the tip. I shall check it out when I get home. Though it is slightly at the end of the games time frame. I take it that this movie is about the sack of Constantinople and the final death of the Roman Empire? What language is the movie in? Thank you again, I have more research to do now!

Edit: It is too bad the movie does not come in a region 1 format (North America), though I may get it anyway and try to watch it on my computer.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; February 01, 2014 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by MIKE GOLF View Post
    Thank you for the tip. I shall check it out when I get home. Though it is slightly at the end of the games time frame. I take it that this movie is about the sack of Constantinople and the final death of the Roman Empire? What language is the movie in? Thank you again, I have more research to do now!

Edit: It is too bad the movie does not come in a region 1 format (North America), though I may get it anyway and try to watch it on my computer.

As far as I remember, I had found one with english subtitles.

Also yes, it is about the fall of constantinople.

Eitherway, anytime and I hope you find something interesting, goodluck.

Have added African and Muslim Princesses, to be used by the player if he or she so desires. I will have the installer made after I get back from work today. Previews are in the first post. Also included are a few added or replaced generals for various cultures/factions.

EDIT: Files have been uploaded to Game Front and Mediafire. Also an optional descr_sm_factions file is available in the first post if a player desires to have all factions (except rebels) to have princesses available.

Next project will be to add princesses for the Kypchak Confederacy and the Mongols as well as continuing to add generals as appropriate images are found.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; February 05, 2014 at 09:10 AM.

Forgive me, I also forgot to say that this mod is very great and I'm enjoying it to its fullest!

I recommend this mod !

Quote Originally Posted by LoneWolf94 View Post
    Forgive me, I also forgot to say that this mod is very great and I'm enjoying it to its fullest!

I recommend this mod !
    Thank you for your comments.

I have deviated from my original plans and added instead Hindu Pandits (priests), Rajput Merchants and Dignataries. Preview is located at the bottom of the first post. I should have the new installation package up later this evening or first thing in the morning and will edit this post when that is complete.

EDIT: The BC Portrait Mod (10 FEB14), is now available to download, though it will be an hour or so before you can download from Game Front, the Mediafire link is active (Great Site). I hope you who download this mod enjoy it, please feel free to leave any comments, pro or con or any suggestions.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; September 08, 2014 at 04:49 PM.

Default Re: Broken Crescent Portrait Mod v2 (Updated 24FEB14)

Muslim Merchants, Dignataries and Imams added, plus several more Makurian Generals. See First Post.
    Last edited by MIKE GOLF; February 25, 2014 at 08:23 PM.

cool

Custom Portraits are now added as a separate .rar file.