Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: I am Feeling weak TW brothers

Humble Warrior's Avatar Vicarius Provinciae

Default Re: I am Feeling weak TW brothers

Quote Originally Posted by daelin4 View Post
    Seasons wouldn't solve anything. It is simply the same game except you get seasons. The rest of the problems remain. They'd have to fix more than just throwing snow onto some of your turns.

You're feeling weak because CA's marketing machine is hammering you good with their manufacturing your sense of emptiness, a feeling that could only be (potentially) filled by buying.
    Well said. marketing is powerful, even when you try to resist. It gets in there.

Exactly. CA now knows what the consumers want...so they put up a product for it. What they gonna do, give it for free?

By not doing it the first round, they just generated demand for their next product. Even better, the consumers themselves stated it so. This is called business: never make a perfect product, so there will always be something to sell. The marketing does the opposite: they make the product LOOK perfect so people will buy.

This I presume is the infamous "brutal approach" that Tim Heaton has in mind. Which makes sense, if you're a moneygrubbing douche
    Last edited by daelin4; December 09, 2013 at 02:28 AM.

AngryTitusPullo's Avatar Comes Limitis

Quote Originally Posted by ToonTotalWar View Post
    You gotta be joking me! Paola Maldini or Silvio Berlusconi are the most famous Italians!

Who the hell is Ceaser? That's dogfood here in the UK! Lol
    Italians, not Romans. Get back on-topic or I will report you for winning at Old Trafford !

CIVITATVS CVM AVGVSTVS XVI, MMVI
    IN PATROCINIVM SVB Dromikaites SVB MareNostrum SVB Quintus Maximus
    Want to know more about Rome II Total Realism ? Follow us on Twitter & Facebook

Seasons wouldn't solve anything. It is simply the same game except you get seasons. The rest of the problems remain. They'd have to fix more than just throwing snow onto some of your turns.

You're feeling weak because CA's marketing machine is hammering you good with their manufacturing your sense of emptiness, a feeling that could only be (potentially) filled by buying.
    Some people are actually experiencing huge fps losses due to rain in R2TW, so seasons would make things worse.
    Under the Patronage of the Honorable Bolkonskij

Indulge yourself into discovering the race of the Turks that stormed the Oriental world and regained their honor from the despair of decay.
    The Expiation of Degeneracy-A Great Seljuks AAR at http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showthread.php?t=276748
    "By purple death I'm seized and fate supreme."- Julian the Apostate

Yerevan's Avatar Campidoctor

Exactly. CA now knows what the consumers want...so they put up a product for it. What they gonna do, give it for free?

By not doing it the first round, they just generated demand for their next product. Even better, the consumers themselves stated it so. This is called business: never make a perfect product, so there will always be something to sell. The marketing does the opposite: they make the product LOOK perfect so people will buy.

This I presume is the infamous "brutal approach" that Tim Heaton has in mind. Which makes sense, if you're a moneygrubbing douche
    You nailed it : the paragon of all products being the coca-cola can : it's supposed to be refreshing but it actually makes you even more thursty. (cf Slavoj Zizek)

@ the OP ; I"m no part of the angry mob but I can slap u if u want : behold yourself LionDude, you're getting histerical !

;-) Why dont you wait fort he expansion to be properly tested by objective people before buting it ?
    Last edited by Yerevan; December 09, 2013 at 04:43 AM.
    " Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room! "

Legio's Avatar EMPRESS OF ALL THINGS
    Content Emeritus

Please stay on topic.

i think my biggest disappointment in rome 2 battles, are the lack of collision and weight. since warscape can't produce this like the old engine could. too many agents. i agree. lack of buildings you can build. lack of walls around every settlement. i guess i'm just a rome 1 fan at heart. i still play roma surrectum 2 now

And this guys, is the reason why crappy sequels and DLCs will keep being made in the future. Because people tend to forget very soon what kind of shiitbag the previous failure was

I didn't bought yet the game itself, I have learned my lesson with Empire, I'll wait until CA has finished to release the patches and some big mod is around, no point in buying a game that you know will disappoint you for a year or more.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345