Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: It's a Small World After All (small AI faction army limit reduction)

Default It's a Small World After All (small AI faction army limit reduction)

Also available on Steam Workshop.

Mod Download:

It's a Small World After All

Mod Details:

This simple mod does two things. It makes it so that small AI factions can only field 2 armies and takes away the hidden income bonus for minor AI factions.

Any AI faction with 2 regions or less will only be able to field 2 armies (rather than 4). This prevents small factions from overwhelming the larger AI empires.

Presented by Blitzkrieg80 and myself.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

D.Vallier's Avatar Libertus

Default Re: It's a Small World After All (small AI faction army limit reduction)

Nice picture there.. lol
    You're a tireless modding machine! Nice work

Sorry, i'd +rep you again, but have already done so
    D. Vallier sends regards...
    "Una parola d'onuri vali sangu."
    (La Famiglia's motto)

Default Re: It's a Small World After All (small AI faction army limit reduction)

simple and very useful mod, thanks guys!

Thanks Dresden!

Used this mod with your Qart-Hadasht...still it got overrun by Nasamones by turn 20. What is good is that Egypt killed the Seleucids and expands into Asia Minor, did not happen to me before.

Anyone got better luck with Carthage so far? I will initiate more campaign to devise a pattern too.

I am considering adding a minor faction income reduction to my mods.

Sadly, almost anything I do Carthage can't survive.

Hello! I just have to put it into the "data" directory? I have the patch 7

You have to put it in data and then activate it in the Mod Manager (when you run Rome 2, it is one of the buttons on the launcher).

You can also subscribe to it on steam.

Bad news...
    turn 25: Egypt overrun by Athens
    turn 32: Seleucid overrun by Galatia
    turn 64: Rome overrun by Ardiaei
    turn 79: Carthage has one province BTW "Sadly, almost anything I do Carthage can't survive." Well my Carthago is still "alive".

Whats wrong with you Rome II?!

But THANKS for all your efforts to make RII better game Dresden. Im using most of your mods.

Black_Watch42's Avatar Libertus

great mod, could you update this for Caesar in Gaul? Its rather silly how tribes with one region can pump out four sacks at a time.........

Hrm, yes I can update it for CiG didnt even think about it.

Edit: Looks like right now the initial level is 3 armies then its 6, 9 etc for Gaul campaign. I will see if I can edit it without affecting player but not sure.
    Last edited by Dresden; December 22, 2013 at 06:32 PM.

Yes an updated version for CIG would be great! just hate those beggars to have tons of troops

14182's Avatar Miles

Read that only AI factions should be affected by this mod, but my limits have also been reduced from 8 & 4 to 6 & 3 for army and navy respectively in the current campaign with Arevaci...

It uses vanilla limits I believe. Are you sure you weren't using another mod that changed army limits?

14182's Avatar Miles

Quote Originally Posted by Dresden View Post
    It uses vanilla limits I believe. Are you sure you weren't using another mod that changed army limits?
    Yes, I am not using any other mods that may affect the army limit.

However, as I read from some comments by the members from TWC and steam workshop, it seems that CA has not changed some playable factions unlocked after release to the "major" category. This may be the cause of my mentioned problem.

Anyway, it's already over 100 turns in my current campaign and most of the small factions should get 3 stacks ready at their little home. So, it's not a big deal to introduce the army limit in this stage of campaign.

For sure, I shall activate this mod again in my next campaign with a "major" faction to get a more realistic experience with less stacks from small factions.

Thank you very much again for all your great mods, Dresden!

just confirmed what 14182 said. syracuse, arevaci, and lusitani are all being affected by this, so it seems like they're not counted as majors.
    i love www.twcenter.net, formerly known as www.kidswhocantreadgood.com

i can confirm that even some major factions are also being affacted , which made me experience the easiest campaign ever ..

Quote Originally Posted by jimmypage View Post
    i can confirm that even some major factions are also being affacted , which made me experience the easiest campaign ever ..
    what factions did you notice?

i can't remember all of them , but i can say for sure that syracuse was affected , same thing for athens .
    i also felt that all the major factions couldn't recruit as effectivly as they did before i started using this mod .

Quote Originally Posted by jimmypage View Post
    i can't remember all of them , but i can say for sure that syracuse was affected , same thing for athens .
    i also felt that all the major factions couldn't recruit as effectivly as they did before i started using this mod .
    just checked athens, they're fine. nomadic factions and galatia are fine as well as far as DLC goes. haven't checked Boii or Nervii yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Doom M.D. View Post
    just checked athens, they're fine. nomadic factions and galatia are fine as well as far as DLC goes. haven't checked Boii or Nervii yet.
    yeah , i can't know for sure really , i started a new campaign and found out that athens isn't affected with this .. please check on syracuse again if you can
    anyways i'm just happy that garmantia won't invade the whole ancient world again ( they start invading africa with 5-6 armies wtf )

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast