Thread: Old .BIF tools for MTW/ Shogun

Tyblitz's Avatar Foederatus

Default Old .BIF tools for MTW/ Shogun

Hey,

after a long and rigorous search for tools capable of extracting/ repacking TW .BIF files on the net,
    I found only one site (http://www.totalwar.org/Downloads/Tools.shtml) effectively offering what I needed.
    And these unfortunately, are only available from a download repository making you wait 3 minutes for each file and spamming you with ads.

I don't know how much interest there still is in these tools (expect Shogun modding to be near-dead), but I think it can still be a valuable resource.
    Hence I re-uploaded the files to mediafire.

Here are the links:

Readbif_23c

Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/download/yp...eadbif_23c.zip
    Description: A tool for exporting/ building graphic .bif files from Shogun. Although not specifically built for it, it works on MTW .bif files as well.

CA_BIF_BUF_TOOLS

Mirror: http://www.mediafire.com/download/00..._BUF_Utils.zip
    Description: A small toolsuite with tools for recoloring, converting and viewing .BIF files.

Greetz

Default Re: Old .BIF tools for MTW/ Shogun

Do you work on a mod? What kind of mod?

btw I'd add Ultimate Paint 2.88 for converting LBM files. Dragon MTW Editor (text edit) maybe useful too.

Tyblitz's Avatar Foederatus

Quote Originally Posted by Stazi View Post
    Do you work on a mod? What kind of mod?

btw I'd add Ultimate Paint 2.88 for converting LBM files. Dragon MTW Editor (text edit) maybe useful too.
    No I am not working on a mod, I just needed a way to view the unit cards of Shogun .
    I was wondering about the LBM files too, apparently Xnview is able to view and process them as well.

Guess I will have a look at the Dragon MTW Editor, didn't know that yet.
    Will post download links of these if I find they're hard too find
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Tyblitz View Post
    I was wondering about the LBM files too, apparently Xnview is able to view and process them as well.
    But Xnview can't save files as LBMs. That's the main problem for modders. Ultimate Paint is free. Pro Motion is better but not free. Of course, if you don't modify any files it isn't important for you.
    Dragon MTW Editor

Yojimbo's Avatar Pig tail Sock
    Citizen

Nice work mediafire is the best filehost around. im going to upload these to TWC's own download area though if we don't already have them its probably a good idea.