Thread: A question about resources...

Default A question about resources...

Do they have any use? I know some that have passive effects on nearby cities, like grain helping to increase population, but if there are no merchants what are the other resources for?

Thanks in advance.

Default Re: A question about resources...

Honestly I think they just give you passive income bonuses if you have constructed the relevant buildings. I.E. If you have gold as a resource then mines will help you exploit this better. Wheat as a resource will give a production bonus to your farms, etc.

At least for now I found resources are used for trade (I know that's a Vanilla mechanic, has passed a lot of time since the last time I played Medieval), and some might act as bonuses for some buildings as you said. Another thing that I find strange is the settlement upgrade system, I can't find any way to upgrade my settlements to bigger levels. It's the upgrading restricted?

Depends. What submods are you using? MOS and Leo's Unofficial Patch both restrict settlement growth for certain factions.

Just TATW 3.2, no submods.

I have zero experience with 3.2 vanilla. It could be that certain factions don't have access to certain upgrades though. Who are you playing as?

Ngugi's Avatar TATW & Albion Local Mod

They increase trade, so even if there's no merchants they improve income

Kingdom of Lindon preview video out

DCI: Last Alliance
    - WIP Second Age mod | DCI: Tôl Acharn - mighty Dúnedain Counter Invasions |
    Additional Mercenary Minimod - more mercs; for TATW and DCI | Family Tree minimods - lore improvements | Remade Event Pictures - enhance cultures trough images |
    Favorite TATW compilation: Withwnars Submod Collection
    Patron of Mank, Kiliç Alì, FireFreak111, MIKEGOLF & Arachir Galudirithon, Earl of Memory

Quote Originally Posted by Danny-Dynamita View Post
    At least for now I found resources are used for trade (I know that's a Vanilla mechanic, has passed a lot of time since the last time I played Medieval), and some might act as bonuses for some buildings as you said. Another thing that I find strange is the settlement upgrade system, I can't find any way to upgrade my settlements to bigger levels. It's the upgrading restricted?
    I think you can't upgrade Large city to Huge city and Fortress to Citadel, Huge city and Citadel can only be settlements that have this status in the beginning

Macilrille's Avatar Domesticus

Osgiliath can go to huge, all others have to start as such.

Good to know, thanks. Now let's see how my Gondor campaign goes...