Thread: Greek Campaign

Grecian's Avatar Foederatus

Default Greek Campaign

Great mod guys, many thanks for all your work.

Got my hands full fighting the Macedonians, Selucuids and the Romans, now it looks like one of the next Selucuid armies to attack have armoured eles :hmmm: , so far I,ve handled everyhing they can throw at me, but these armoured elephants are new to me, how do I deal with them? Spear chuckers any good? Flaming arrows or Ballistas?

Advice appreciated.

DimeBagHo's Avatar Praeses

Default Re: Greek Campaign

Javelins are always good, so peltasts and even militia cavalry will do well. Ballistas always seem to drive my own elephants nuts, but I haven't tried using them much against elephants. Flamming arrows seem to depend on the difficulty level a lot. I usually play on hard and they never seem to do me much good.

Anything that can be thrown at the elephants usually helps. I personally only have problems with elephants when there are 2 or more units of them. I can usually get rid of the first unit without much difficulty and the other units usually go crazy right in the middle of all my troops. Consequently they suffer from massive casualties as they get thrown around.

Having said that, having elephants of your own is extremely fun though.

Grecian's Avatar Foederatus

Thanks, javelins seem to do the trick, just takes a liitle longer than the unarmoured elies.

Found it interesting that having fought many battles against the romans, two of my Generals now have the "Eagle Collectors" trait, be good if each of the eagles taken could be pictorially represented in some way?