Thread: Sands of Conquest 2.0 soon!

Default Sands of Conquest 2.0 soon!

I will be working on Sands of Conquest 2.0 (be out by summer) New features will be: a totally brand new map! ( to have many navigatble and unique rivers, some settlements designated as Oasis, which means they cannot upgrade past village but they give a public health bonus and a an upkeep one, permantent stone forts etc.) almost all graphics/ui will be done new! I am thinking of changing the Music to that of the "Crusades" campaign from kingdoms updated and improved new Skins on the battlefield etc. (alot!)
    Last edited by Druvatar De Bodemloze; December 03, 2013 at 03:30 PM.

Default Re: Sands of Conquest 2.0 soon!

Good luck cant wait for it

Really glad to hear this news!

I've only recently gave this mod a try and I love the whole concept behind it. There were a few things I've wanted to say, but I wasn't sure this mod would be updated until now. I guess firstly I'd like to see the rebels start with armies, as currently only the strongholds have armies, much land can be taken without a fight, and the rebels can along time to build up their forces. This is just a minor thing, but many of the units of the dynasties based on the vanilla Mongols and Timurids still have no upkeep costs. I actually like the music the mod currently has and wouldn't really want to see any of it go. Lastly the economy is far too easy and I feel build costs and times need to be increased. Overall, there just needs to be more potential as difficultly as currently it's just a quick land-grab with huge inflated economies. I love the dynasties, the lore, and the land you have with Sands of Conquest. It's great the mod will be continued and I'm greatly looking forward to the new features.

Quote Originally Posted by Kilij Ae Varyl View Post
    Really glad to hear this news!

I've only recently gave this mod a try and I love the whole concept behind it. There were a few things I've wanted to say, but I wasn't sure this mod would be updated until now. I guess firstly I'd like to see the rebels start with armies, as currently only the strongholds have armies, much land can be taken without a fight, and the rebels can along time to build up their forces. This is just a minor thing, but many of the units of the dynasties based on the vanilla Mongols and Timurids still have no upkeep costs. I actually like the music the mod currently has and wouldn't really want to see any of it go. Lastly the economy is far too easy and I feel build costs and times need to be increased. Overall, there just needs to be more potential as difficultly as currently it's just a quick land-grab with huge inflated economies. I love the dynasties, the lore, and the land you have with Sands of Conquest. It's great the mod will be continued and I'm greatly looking forward to the new features.
    thank you, and I agree with your points (this issues are things I will work on!), also I am not gonna totally redo the map ( I think it is A~OK, as is!, but I will add some navigable rivers and the Oasis settlements I spoke of) I will leave mostly everything else alone! but will change unit cards and up keep stats, make the rebels much stronger and other things so thank you for the feed back!