Page 51 of 130 FirstFirst ... 2641424344454647484950515253545556575859606176101 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,020 of 2593

Thread: [Download] Divide et Impera - Download link (version 0.95n, updated 12/09/14 Patch 15 Beta)

Default Re: Divide et Impera - Download link (version 0.81a, updated 09/03/14)

The forced march fix doesn't really do the job. It worked on my armies that were outside of a city. But one army was inside a city and the fix doesn't work. The stance button is greyed out.

I fixed it. You'll have to end the turn and then the fix works.

Good job guys, keep it up!
    Last edited by Addario; March 09, 2014 at 11:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SirGerakul View Post
    What's new in this version (0.81a):

• Tweaking on march range
    • Some minor definitions changes/fixes

, you guys are too fast fixing xD
    SirGerakul eres español? de Barna??

Hetairos's Avatar Roma Surrectum II

Mhh, excuse me if I crash the party, but I myself have dealt with movement ranges for quiet a long time: Authentic Ancient World

Now, navies have an increased movement range? How?
    - sea terrain transaction / movement cost does not work (does not apply for whatever reason, not to sea not to land units)

Now, land armies have an increased movement range? How?
    - land terrain transaction / movement cost does not work either

ONLY road travel transaction / movement cost adjustments do work. Hence, the only way to improve the movement range of land or sea units (at the moment) is through adjusting their movement points (adjusting terrain transaction cost does simply not work). But as the movement points of land and sea units in dei 0.81a haven't been touched at all there is no result expect on streets...

Correct me If I am wrong, but I just tried it out and for me it is exactly that: increased movement range on streets, no results on sea at all and no results on terrain (off-road)!

Change Log of Authentic Ancient World concerning movement speed:

Spoiler Alert, click show to read: 

Authentic Ancient World v0.03:

Authentic Campaign Movement

This is a historical representation of authentic ancient travel times.

Firstly, in ancient times sea travel was by far the fastest and easiest way to transport goods or troops from point A to point B. With this mod sea travel distances have been increased significantly. To compensate the immense increase the naval zone of control radius has been doubled. This means that establishing famous and extensive sea blockades will finally be easier to achive. Note that the zone of control radius does not equal the reinforcement radius which hasn't been touched. In addition all land units which will be sent to embark on or disembark from transport ships will immediately use up all their entire movement points simulating a two to three week transport ship construction, embarking or disembarking period.

Secondly, when it comes to campaign map changes my motto is "campaign map game design = as simple and comprehensive as possible / battle map game design = as complex and sophisticated as needed". I've already created and tested a very sophisticated campaign movement system that took into account data like unit class, unit type, armor weight, mass etc. (e.g. Light Skirmish Cavalry traveling much further than Cataphracts). I finally decided to leave this approach and go with an extremely simple and scalable way instead, which is as comprehensive and simple to the users as possible. I realized and now believe that the campaign map should be the least place where complexity should take place, but rather transfer all complexity into the battle map and lock it down there. Hence, movement works as simple as like this: Infantry (x1), Cavalry / Chariots (x2), Elephants (x3), Camel (x4), Transport Ships (x4), Heavy Ships (x5,5), Medium Ships (x6), Light Ships (x6,5). The movement points of agents has been overhauled as well. Spies will travel x3 representing a forced march per horse, champions will travel x2 represeting a normal march per horse and the dignitary will travel x1 representing the comfortable way of traveling as an aristocrate. Please note that all travel distances have been reduced slightly compared to the actually planned values. As a result there will be room left for improvements that come with traits, ancillaries and abilites that increase the movmenent range of generals, admirals, agents or entire armies. Hence your units will need to "learn" first before being able to unfold the full potential of realistic ancient travel distances.

IMPORTANT: There is a very well known bug that land units that embark into transport ships remain with their land unit movement points rather than adapting to the transport ships movement points. As far as my research goes this is due to a bugged or missing link in the database and can't be changed at this very moment. We will keep looking for solution.

Change Log for v0.03:

Authentic Campaign Movement

All DeI agents, land and sea units ranged around 2'000 movement points until now.

Now sea movement has been increased significantly:

- 13'000 Movement Points = Light Ships
    - 12'000 Movement Points = Medium Ships
    - 11'000 Movement Points = Heavy Ships
    - 8'000 Movement Points = Transport Ships

The movement points of agents and land units have been overhauled as well:

- 8'000 Movement Points = Camels
    - 6'000 Movement Points = Elephants
    - 4'000 Movement Points = Cavalry / Chariots
    - 2'000 Movement Points = Infantry

- 6'000 Movement Points = Spies
    - 4'000 Movement Points = Champions
    - 2'000 Movement Points = Dignitaries

Other changes:

- land to sea / sea to land transaction costs have been increased to 8'000 movement points
    - naval zone of control radius has been increased from 5 to 10

Research for v0.03:

Real Travel Distances per Day

- 20 to 32 km per day = Infantry Units
    - 40 to 60 km per day = Cavalry Units
    - 40 to 60 km per day = Chariots
    - 40 to 80 km per day = Elephants
    - 72 to 96 km per day = Camels
    - 90 - 180 km per day = Naval Units

Showcase of Recorded Ancient Journeys:

- 37 days for Alexandria to Massilia by Ancient Navies
    - 30 days for Alexandria to Rome by Ancient Navies
    - 17 days for Alexandria to Bosporus by Ancient Navies
    - 11 days for Alexandria to Syracuse by Ancient Navies
    - 7 days for Carthage to Gibraltar by Ancient Navies

- 60 days for Rome to Sicily by Ancient Infantry Armies
    - 15 days for Rome to Sicily by Ancient Cavalry Armies
    Last edited by Hetairos; March 09, 2014 at 11:56 AM.

Ganossa's Avatar 최정장군

What's new in this version (0.81a):

• Tweaking on march range
    • Some minor definitions changes/fixes
    Perfect! Great fix

Damn! What happened? I was really excited to start a new Pontus campaign since DEI 0.7 but in my first two battles I noticed that the AI got buffed immensely? Campaign diff. on normal, battle diff. on normal and I lose every single battle in the early start. Galatia, Arche Bosporus and Capadoccia declared war on me in turn two, both my armies have been destroyed ( by virtually identical armies in size and composition ) and nothing is working as it used to :/ After that, I decided to try out a custom battle between Pontus and Pontus fighting Nizagan against Nizagan ( the early spear infantry unit ) and the AI won in 8/10 battles. Battle diff. on normal.

Now, I know I might not be the best player, but I never had any difficulties playing on Hard or V. Hard with DEI. The reason why I started to play Pontus on normal was because I wanted a more relaxing campaign, without the stress of playing on Hard or V. Hard.

If you have any suggestions on how I could improve or how DEI plays now compared to how it played earlier, I would be greatful!

removed forced march? ç_ç

but i like to be ambushed ç_ç

yeah, me too

I need some help. I cannot for the life of me get this mod to work, I've put it in my data folder, used a mod manager, tried it with out. But nope, nothing. It either quits at the pre-intro screen or just loads the vanilla version.

First off, the only reason i still play Rome II is because of this mod. With the recent update i find it almost impossible to attack ships and ports because of the huge zone of control. For example, i cannot attack massilia because the zone of control is bigger than my fleets movement points. Where can i edit this to make it smaller?

EDIT: NVM found it in campaign variables.
    Last edited by Post Hoc; March 09, 2014 at 02:12 PM.
    "To say of what is that it is not, or of what is not that it is, is false, while to say of what is that it is, and of what is not that it is not, is true" ~ Aristotle

Anyone know how to fix this problem;

I've put the mod in in my data folder, used a mod manager, tried it with out. It either quits at the pre-intro screen or just loads the vanilla version.

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by TheNoodle View Post
    Anyone know how to fix this problem;

I've put the mod in in my data folder, used a mod manager, tried it with out. It either quits at the pre-intro screen or just loads the vanilla version.
    Have you made sure that you dont run any other mods that could be crashing your game because they are not compatible with DeI? . Untick all mods, run the vanilla game and then slowly tick a single mod and run the game again. Do this over and over and you should be able to find if a mods is screwing with your game.

Is it recommended that we start a new campaign after today's changes on campaign movement? I seem to be getting pretty hectic behaviors, with armies being sometimes able to move a long distance, and sometimes only a very short distance (And sometimes unable to attack as if they were on forced march.).

talkin about start a new campaign...DEI team, we will wait until 0.9 to start our ( at last ) campaign? you recomend us this option?? I want to start a new campaign with Romani, but they are incomplete, when ( aprox. ) you will release the next version?? thanks!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by krunsh View Post
    Is it recommended that we start a new campaign after today's changes on campaign movement? I seem to be getting pretty hectic behaviors, with armies being sometimes able to move a long distance, and sometimes only a very short distance (And sometimes unable to attack as if they were on forced march.).
    Nevermind, just saw the note. You guys should probably move the Note on save games and special pack over the list of 8.0 new features

OhneWollt's Avatar Civis

im trying to download the mod,but when gets to 122mb it stops downloading from vinteridimma.se,could someone please update the 0,81a on mediafire?

Quote Originally Posted by OhneWollt View Post
    im trying to download the mod,but when gets to 122mb it stops downloading from vinteridimma.se,could someone please update the 0,81a on mediafire?
    I just downloaded it fully from there so if you have a problem, it's probably on your end :/

Quote Originally Posted by OhneWollt View Post
    Unfortunately having same issue.

Quote Originally Posted by cerebral View Post
    Unfortunately having same issue.
    I just now downloaded it fully again without any problems. I'm thinking maybe if you clear your cache? I got the full 169mb. The server it's on is one of mine, which I host at www.one.com

There has never been any kind of problems with it, and there is no traffic limit either. I let Selea use it since I am not using it for anything myself. It has never failed before, so can you try to clear your cache, and then try again?

EDIT: The only thing I can imagine happening is that perhaps Selea was updating the file himself just as someone was downloading it. He's using the same filename all the time instead of adding like _divide_et_impera081a.7z

Maybe that is what happens.
    Last edited by Wintermist; March 09, 2014 at 06:42 PM.

Yeah I've never had a problem, thank you for the suggestion! I'll try that now.

Quote Originally Posted by cerebral View Post
    Yeah I've never had a problem, thank you for the suggestion! I'll try that now.
    Great, please let us know if it works. Maybe we can figure out what is going on