Page 2 of 130 FirstFirst 1234567891011122752102 ... LastLast

Thread: [Download] Divide et Impera - Download link (version 0.95n, updated 12/09/14 Patch 15 Beta)

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Default Re: Divide et Impera - Download link (last version v0.5h, updated 06/12/13 - added new version)

You can always decrease unit size, so even the increased size can be played with previous standard unit size Even pikemen are less problem on increased unit size

stupar123's Avatar Miles

Default Re: Divide et Impera - Download link (last version v0.5h, updated 06/12/13 - added new version)

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    You can always decrease unit size, so even the increased size can be played with previous standard unit size Even pikemen are less problem on increased unit size
    They sure are lesser evil then

Quote Originally Posted by Soontir View Post
    That limit is easly editable and dependant on imperium level, but must be set on something. Increasing it will mess AI as it will start spaming armies, generals without armies and in case of civil war freeze campaign as rebels will get that max number spawned at once in one place.
    No idea how to edit this limit Regarding messing the AI - well, that's why I think it should be a full mod, limiting the creation of a general for example by capability of creating troops. Setting an auto-limit for civil war should also be a solvable issue. Actually I liked the system total war had up to Medieval 2. Was much more realistic.

Fame levels tabels. Civil war mechanic is unmodable for now. As for generals, there's only variable for minimal units in army to move it out of the city as far as I know.

DramaBelli's Avatar Ministry of Silly Walks

I apologize for the silly question (silly if compared to this excellent team work I've still not played..but sure, following with interest!): which are these increased unit sizes? 240 infantry (as said)...what about cavalry and missile infantry? have you also reworked number of men in ships and the "max_num_men row regarding the maximum capability of men in trasport ships?

thanks in advance

The philosophy of this mod really transmits me the feeling of the Ancient (and History, of course).

Sadly, I don't think the larger unit sizes work as well as they would if you were able to also scale up the context you're placing them in. Applaud you trying, but I'm finding the 'normal' size a better fit with the scale of battlefields. Wish it were otherwise.

stupar123's Avatar Miles

In my opinion , this huge battles are better ... sieges last almost full 60 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by DramaBelli View Post
    I apologize for the silly question (silly if compared to this excellent team work I've still not played..but sure, following with interest!): which are these increased unit sizes? 240 infantry (as said)...what about cavalry and missile infantry? have you also reworked number of men in ships and the "max_num_men row regarding the maximum capability of men in trasport ships?

thanks in advance

The philosophy of this mod really transmits me the feeling of the Ancient (and History, of course).
    It's all written in the beginning of the post:

Barbarian cav: 130
    Greek cav: 110
    Roman cav: 90

As for the max_men_per_ship, that's adjourned with the increased sizes but I have still to test if there are problems with it (didn't have the time).

Btw, I'm still undecided if to go the increased size or normal sizes. Both have positives and drawbacks and it is an hard choice.

My vote goes for normal sizes, with bigger units it gets a bit difficult to fit them inside city streets and stuff, not to mention impact on performance.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

You can always lower amount of men in graphic setting. I go for the increased size

Quote Originally Posted by Soontir View Post
    Fame levels tabels. Civil war mechanic is unmodable for now. As for generals, there's only variable for minimal units in army to move it out of the city as far as I know.
    Could you describe it in detail, how to change the max. number of availible generals?

What's hard about it? Open Dres2_fame_levels table, sort it by imperium level. Unknown1 seems to be reqired regions owned for given level, unknown7 idk, every other colums are named.
    If you want to mod how and with what rate generals become aviable for recruitment, I cant help you as I don't know how it works.

That number isn't just regions owned from what I can tell, because provincial capital regions and original regions actually count for more.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    You can always lower amount of men in graphic setting. I go for the increased size
    True!

HaveFallen's Avatar Centenarius
    In this Island, surrounded by water. Guam!

Alright, is there a way to tell if this installed correctly? All I get is a change in the background of the main menu but that could be due to the installation of G.E.M.

I start the game on a custom battle, and all the units still have the same sizes as vanilla...
    If I can't cheat, how will I get through school???

Quote Originally Posted by HaveFallen View Post
    Alright, is there a way to tell if this installed correctly? All I get is a change in the background of the main menu but that could be due to the installation of G.E.M.

I start the game on a custom battle, and all the units still have the same sizes as vanilla...
    If you have new factions in custom battle and campaign you have installed it right.

Junaidi83 de Bodemloze's Avatar Dont Mess With Me

thanks for the hard work
    Modding is like accursed wine, you try a sip and you ended empty the whole glass
    Under Proud Patronage of Shankbot de Bodemloze

OhneWollt's Avatar Civis

will the 0.6 be released today?

Quote Originally Posted by OhneWollt View Post
    will the 0.6 be released today?
    Tomorrow.

OhneWollt's Avatar Civis

damn, i cant wait to this mod update,will we get the update in the morning? or more prob at the night?