Thread: [Download] Divide et Impera - Download link (version 0.95n, updated 12/09/14 Patch 15 Beta)

Default Re: [Download] Divide et Impera - Download link (version 0.9h, updated 20/06/14)

If you are using Steam, you need the old 5 parts and the new 6th part.

When we do version 1.0 (won't be save compatible) we will be uploading an entirely fresh Steam version.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Default Re: [Download] Divide et Impera - Download link (version 0.9h, updated 20/06/14)

Welp time to get back to playtesting things. So far so good. We haven't gotten to my friend formation attack just yet, however I have noticed in 100% of all campaigns I played as not roman, The roman faction is always outright destroyed very early on.

DividingSolid's Avatar Tiro

Was there any update today because it's listed as current (part 6) with the beta patch.

I've not been playing Divide et Impera for very long, come over from playing Magnar's mod. Can anyone tell me if there has been any changes to transport ships in battles. Are they easy to defeat for real navy units due to weak hulls and pour speed and manoeuvrability?
    Balbor

Former Creative Director
    Former Head Unit Modeller and Texture
    Fourth Age:Total War

The update recently was just so that people who downloaded the beta patch don't see part 6 as "out of date." No new content was added.

@Balbor Transports have been nerfed in battles but not much else has been done with naval warfare yet.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

I have downloaded all 6 parts and it is still coming up as an outdated mod. It is also CTD-ing randomly where it never did before. What's gone wrong?

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by blow56 View Post
    I have downloaded all 6 parts and it is still coming up as an outdated mod. It is also CTD-ing randomly where it never did before. What's gone wrong?
    Ignore that it says the mod is out dated. Just enable them anyway. Otherwise try using the standalone version of the mod and see if you still get these random crashes. Are you sure it isnt a mod conflict?

I'm noticing the same problems I have from before where units will not reform when in combat and units will attempt to run away from the formation after a while. Basically all my older gripes appear to still be valid. This is especially troublesome with pike formations, as the slightest ka-jinking of the formation causes it to fall apart.

Samraat Mahendra Maurya's Avatar Campidoctor

DEI, please balance Initiative!
    Ich bin Kaiser von mauryan reiches

brennan2036's Avatar Civis

For some reason this mod has broken my rome2 as of today (27/7/2014 here in Aus). Its really weird because I was playing the mod just fine all yesterday :S Were there any patches to the mod through the steam version or was Rome2 itself patched last night?

brennan2036's Avatar Civis

And yes im using patch14beta

FlashHeart07's Avatar Praepositus

Quote Originally Posted by KleenClothMaurya View Post
    DEI, please balance Initiative!
    Balancing of units will be solved later on. Right now I think the mod authors are busy with other parts of the mod. Since the game is still in beta there will be some unbalanced troops. Patience And I believe that in the sub forum there is a mod attempting to solve some of these issues. all credit to meerkatology for that. Try it out and see if it doesnt solve some of your problems.

Any chance of a mirror for the standalone version? I've been trying to download for a few days but just get a blank page when I click the mediafire link.

Quote Originally Posted by drowningfly View Post
    Any chance of a mirror for the standalone version? I've been trying to download for a few days but just get a blank page when I click the mediafire link.
    just tested it, it's working fine for me it does not take you to a new page it just downloads it then the "blank" page is closed automatically.

Quote Originally Posted by pyccos View Post
    just tested it, it's working fine for me it does not take you to a new page it just downloads it then the "blank" page is closed automatically.
    Thank you. My problem was cookie related. Despite having mediafire whitelisted it required 3rd party cookies as well.

Default Re: [Download] Divide et Impera - Download link (version 0.95, updated 28/07/14)

Just a small info because of the new Eastern Germanic subculture:
    Anartes were a Celtic tribe, an Eastern Celtic one and later they assimilated to the Dacians (their name means "bears of the marshland" in Celtic, the marshland means the swamps of the Upper Tisza river).

They were never Germanic so they shouldn't be the part of East Germanic subculture! Maybe Bastarnae should!

airborne guy's Avatar Domesticus

Default Re: [Download] Divide et Impera - Download link (version 0.95, updated 28/07/14)

Yes the update. Wooohooooo

Wittman's Avatar Biarchus

But i dont understand why would armies cause unrest if not garrisoned or stationed?
    Please check your PM folder-Garb.

"Mercenary Overhaul (not save compatible - old saves will have the old mercenaries)

• All vanilla mercenary units have been removed and replaced with 116 new custom units.
    • In general, mercenaries are higher quality than their AoR counterparts.
    • Unique colors and variants to set them apart from other units."

Could you inform me of what mercenary upkeep is like please? As when I wanted to play Carthage in the past, even with their decrease to upkeep, it was much too high for me!
    (are we talking more than double the upkeep of a very similar faction unit?)

Quote Originally Posted by Wittman View Post
    But i dont understand why would armies cause unrest if not garrisoned or stationed?
    I think it is a double edged sword, having an army in a province/city:

"They are those guys with swords and spears, fancy looking armors and one doenst want to fight those (maybe veterans)." => bonus on puplic order.

But on the other hand...

"Those bastards killed my brother! And now they are eating the food my children need! Damn romans! May Thors hammer hit you while you sleep!" => penalty on puplic order.

Armys need food, shelter, wood (for fire), water ( ! ) , food for horses and sometimes they will bully the locas and do morally questionable things to ones wife.

I think a nice compromise between the fact that armys keep the locals low and increase the anger by using the local stuff, would be to make it depend on the cultural influence: Suebi settlement will suffer less or no penalties for an army (of their own) in a province which is high at their germanic culture, but in a province which low germanic culture the penalties kicking in. It would simulate the resistance of the natives against the foreigners. Still there should be the food penalty.

No clue if this is possible to make in rome2. Just an idea.
    Last edited by TheOrangeProject; July 28, 2014 at 05:25 PM.

Till shade is gone,
    till water is gone,
    into the Shadow with the teeth bared,
    screaming defiance with the last breath,
    to spit into Sightblinder's eye on the Last Day