Divide et Impera 0.85b - Revision 1:
- Greatly decreased killing rate of Pike units
- Reduced hit points of Pike units (so they are weaker when attacked from the flanks)
- Increased killing rate of Hoplite units (outside of Hoplite Phalanx)
- Made Spartan Youths stronger and Spartan Helots much weaker (for a mistake the two were inverted)
- Tweaked some German shields and noble units textures
- Tweaked Spartan units army caps and AI recruitment values
Divide et Impera 0.85b:
- Added some more naval options for Rome for Polybian and Marian reforms
- Fixed the shields without numbers for Legionaries and put them back
- Fixed a mercenary Iberian unit that was not yet updated to DEI stats
- Tweaked charge power/length of Elephants
- Fixed Roman siege workshop technology order
- Fixed new CA hotfix season effects
- Fixed Bosporus Victory Conditions (requires new campaign to experience)
Divide et Impera 0.85a:
- Fixed CTD on starting CiG campaign
- Fixed CTD using Roman armies with Legionaries caused by new shields without numbers (we reverted back till we find a solution to this issue)
- Enabled reforms for Carthage in HatG campaign: they are set at Imperium 4, turn 60 for Player and turn 80 for AI
- Lowered requirements for Carthaginian reforms in main campaign
- Corrected some Iberian Mercenaries for HatG campaign not having the right DEI stats/sizes
- Fixed Seleucid having wrong agents
- Tweaked uniform colors for the HatG campaign
- Fixed bug with archers not being able to fire when stationed above walls
- Further improved missile unit roles dynamics:
* Added variations in elevation and/or speed depending on type of missiles used (especially for archers)
* Now also javelin units and horse archers will be able to fire on an arc above lines (apart with Heavy Shot) and the only unit role that needs a clear line of sight are slingers.
* Slingers will still need a clear line of sight to fire but they are anyway the highest recharge, highest range (bar longbowen) of all the missile units so they are still the best at firing from angles/rear lines
Divide et Impera 0.85:
- Overhauled all Celtic Tribes with more than 40 completely new units and individualized faction recruitment options
- Revamp of Macedon and Greek factions in general with 4 new units
- Introduced new Hellenic Shields from RS2 (our great thanks to the authors of that wondeful mod to letting us use their assets)
- Made DEI fully compatible with Hannibal at the Gates:
- Changed Arevaci and Lusitani factions recruitment options to the ones of DEI
- Overhauled recruitment options for the new campaign for the reform system of DEI
- Tied cities reinforcements to the DEI units
- Overhauled battle balance for less spikes in power of certain units. Especially rebalanced the power of swords vs. spears and the role of short spear vs. long spear units. Hoplites will be much easier to win if attacked from the flank/rear (as Pikemen), for example.
- Overhauled missile balance so that all missile units have a specific role and individual sets of skills:
- Archers are now able to fire above obstacles so they don't need a clear line of sight to fire against units. This makes them the better unit to strike from afar behind the lines and slowly deplete their strength.
- Horse archers are more powerful than foot archers but they have much less range and cannot fire above obstacles. Their mobility is the winning point.
- Slingers are the best unit at firing from range on a clear line of sight. Their high accuracy and AP makes them very deadly; their drawback is that they need to be positioned correctly to get the most out of them.
- Javelin users are the strongest missile unit by far, but they have a short range and low ammunition
- All missile units have had their ranges overhauled for more realism.
- Overhauled weapons' initiative vs deadliness for more balance. Deadliness will be more effective against initiative and so in general sword units will be much stronger than same tier spear ones.
- Rebalanced elite units so they are not so highly above main troops as they are now. They will be still much stronger but for different motives. Less for durability and more for strength. This means that if flanked or attacked from the rear also an elite unit will deplete in short time.
- Cavalry is easier to disengage and is more powerful during a charge, especially on the rear. Also pike units and hoplite units cause much less damage to calvary if hit from the rear.
- Tweaked certain units that were too powerful in comparison to others (albeit always in respect of the difference in power of certain factions in confront to others; this will always remain in DEI)
- Tweaked cinematic camera zoom so that it doesn't end in front of units
- Added resources and correct unit sizes to HatG mini-campaign.
- Improved AI recruitment priorities in main and new mini-campaign.
- Altered CAI budget and personalities.
- Changed Local Traditions in Spain to be Iberian.
- Fixed starting Armenian military tradition (requires new campaign to experience).
- Lowered number of regions required for Military Victory for Minor Factions (requires a new campaign to experience).
- Fixed Season movement changes. Every season has a harsh movement penalty, but land movement is doubled. This was done to help fix the transport movement problem.
- Fixed Carthage introduction text.
- Reduced research time of starting technologies to help early AI recruitment.
- Changed required technology for Seleucid/Baktria tier 1 stables.
- Altered stats of Baktria/Seleucid Eastern Satrapy Palace.
- Fixed Seleucid Deployment Formations.
- Lowered Agent Success chances.
- Lowered the effect of Agent actions that harm units/buildings.
- Lowered Character skill effects for income, diplomacy and gravitas/power skills.
- Altered battle climate probabilities/fatigues. Snow battles more likely in north, less fog battles, higher cold/heat fatigue during certain seasons, etc.
- Changed artillery recruitment for Romans to have Ballista from polybian reforms.
- Customized army and navy stances based on culture:
- Barbarian Ambush stance costs less movement, has a higher chance to succeed, and gives a morale bonus.
- Roman Fortification stance costs less movement, gives a morale bonus and a higher defense bonus.
- All Garrisoned armies now get a replenishment bonus. Barbarian Garrison stance gives more morale. Hellenic/Roman/Eastern Garrison stance gives a defense bonus and reduces upkeep.
- All Sieging armies now use local food and cost more to upkeep. Barbarian sieging armies also get an attack bonus.
- Barbarian Mustering armies get a larger replenishment bonus. Roman Mustering armies get a defense bonus. Eastern mustering armies get a morale bonus.
- All Raiding armies now use local food, have a defense penalty and an attack bonus. Barbarian Raiding costs less movement, increases morale, has a higher defense penalty and higher attack bonus.
- Naval Blockades now have higher upkeep. Hellenic Blockades have a morale and attack bonus.
- All Docked Navies now have a replenishment bonus.
- Hellenic Naval Patrol reduces piracy more, costs less movement, gives a larger defense bonus and attack bonus.
- Hellenic Naval Raiding causes more piracy, has a smaller movement penalty, uses less movement, and has an attack bonus.
- Added new Minor City building chain "Public Land" for all factions and campaigns:
- The general concept is to bring a smaller version of sanitation and forum buildings to the minor cities.
- The chain has 3 building type options: Medicus (sanitation), Trader (market), or Garrison/Watchtower.
- Special one-per-faction tier 4 buildings: Rome - Garrison, Hellenic - Hospital, Barbarian - Hall of Heroes (sanitation/guard mix) and Eastern - Trader.
- Overhauled all the reforms and army caps scripts for less possible problems:
- Removed the need of saving reforms informations as the checks will be done at every load (this means less possible problems with save failures and also in the rare case something can not work properly on next load everything will be checked again)
- Added check for global reforms/MP reforms not more available so that reforms advance no more in those cases.
- Major changes in the structures of the scripts so that in future is easier to add/remove features.
- Inserted full Messages for the reforms. Now users will experience different messages depending on the type of reform and if the reform is of the player, global or of another MP player faction.
Divide et Impera 0.82h (revision 2):
- Removed numbers from regional Legionaries.
- Overhauled all the reform system for what it concerns CiG and HatG. No more reliance on copied records as the reforms scripts will do the correct troops selections.
- New UI graphics for certain building types.
- Updated starting armies and starting campaign scripts to the new changes
Divide et Impera 0.82h:
- Made DeI compatible with Seasons and Wonders and Hannibal Campaign DLC
Divide et Impera 0.82g (Revision 3):
- Put back the different shields for the various Legions
- Added caps for Hastati, Principes, Pedites. The caps are 10 for Hastati, 5 for Principes and 2 for Pedites. Socii have the same caps, but outside of the main units. Probably in the future the same thing will be done for the other factions, to delimit shared caps between troop types.
- Made a small fix to the army caps script that could cause some caps to be wrong
Divide et Impera 0.82g (Revision 2):
- Fixed bug with Illyrian reformed units being visible
- Fixed Roman Evocata Germanica being available from beginning
- Fixed some duplicated units for Pontus
Divide et Impera 0.82g (Revision 1):
- Fixed bug on Veteran Legionaries and Evocati Cohort present on previous reforms (forgot to add the two units back to the list of reforms units)
Divide et Impera 0.82g:
- Removed regional Legionaries numbers, signa and emblems but kept attributes and visual differences. All Legionaries are now called "Legionarii" and/or "Cohors Legionaria".
- Added back Veternal Legionaries and Cohors Evocata as recruitable options in every region.
- Reworked Legionaries caps: you can now recruit 10 Legionaries or 9 + 1 First Cohort. Veteran Legionaries and Evocati Cohort have a cap of 2 but they are outside the 10 total cap.
- Tweaked AI recruitment values for better AI fielded armies
- Tweaked AI factions balance of troops depending on their characteristics
- Tweaked unit balance generally (especially for Hoplites vs. Spears)
- Fixed some missing recruitment options (as Choppers Two)
Divide et Impera 0.82f:
- Corrected somewhat rare but nasty bug introduced in 0.82e with not recognized proprely recognized old saves
- Made changes in scripts in view of the new Hannibal DLC. Now a faction can start a campaign type with an already defined reform
- Made changes in scripts for better compatibility with future recruitment changes
- Made Massilia have Thureos reform from the start in CiG
- Tweaked player and AI reforms requirements a little (FAQ will be adjourned accordingly)
- Tweaked armour values of various troops for better balance
- Increased historical culture bonus for regions.
- Increased threshold required for population surplus.
- Fixed AI recruitment of some Rome naval units.
Divide et Impera 0.82e:
- Tweaked cinematic camera and campaign map zoom
- Fixed bug with Kleurochoi Pikemen not recruitable for Seleucid
- Tweaked slightly strength of Roman units
- Fixed issues with celtic shield patterns
- Further scripts polishing
Divide et Impera 0.82d (revision 2):
Corrected bug introduced in revision 1 that made AI Successor States not have pikes allowed if loading a campaign prior to worldwide greek reforms
Divide et Impera 0.82d (revision 1):
Made change in scripting that will enable future modifies in restrictions/allowances for the reforms to not require a new start for that faction to work fully
Divide et Impera 0.82d:
- Fixed bug on some Rome naval units not being recruitable correctly on Marian and Imperial reforms
- Fixed wrong reform placement of White Shield Pike and Kleruchoi Agema Pike (thorax instead than thureos or immediately for successor states)
- Further polishing on scripts
Divide et Impera 0.82c:
- Tweaked Legions recruitment zones so that they cover all areas (a thread will be made to specify all the regions tied to the various Legions)
- Added battle/campaign camera changes by General S. George Patton to DeI (a big thanks to him for letting us use his settings)
- Tweaked Elephants strength
- Fixed Equites Late missing recruitment
- Fixed Public Order bonuses on Rome and Hellenic barracks
- Reduced Earthquake chance in Ariminum
- Fixed some minor scripting quirks and polished scripts further
Divide et Impera 0.82b:
- Made some tweaking to Legions regional recruitment zones
- Tweaked fatigue consumption for units so that they generally fight more before becoming exhausted
- Reduced fatigue regeneration of cycled line so that late Roman units still fatigue under intense combat
- Fixed issue with Throw Javelin/Pila not throwing missiles when units were not facing the enemy (this change will also improve normal javelin missile usage on troops)
- Made various changes to Hoplites so they are less effective against cavalry (especially when outside Phalanx and/or attacked from rear/flank); this will make normal spear units have more a specific role against cavalry in comparison
- Fixed Triarii Late having another spear attached to belt
- Fixed some wrong numerals texts on Legions
Divide et Impera 0.82a:
- Removed Veteran Legionaries and Evocati as a choice for Generals (that also caused a bug in 0.82 with having them available from beginning as "Raise Army" options) since Praetorians have this function
- Added Praetorians as a General choice in CiG campaign
- Postponed Polybian reforms to minimum turn 40 (and adjust successive reforms a little)
- Fixed some wrong military permissions
Divide et Impera 0.82:
- Implemented historical Roman Legions in Main Campaign and CiG (many thanks to Caesar for allowing us to use his mod as base)
- Implemented shared army caps for Legions (this means that you can mix and match Legion types as you want inside the shared cap of 9 Cohorts per stack + 1 First Cohort)
- Tweaked strength of spear units
- Tweaked durability of cavalry
- Tweaked units spacing
- Made some changes to Javelin units to hopefully resolve all bugs tied with them
- Fixed bug some cavarly unit having wrong weapons
- Various minor balancing tweaks
Divide et Impera 0.81c:
- Removed increased zone of control because making them even slightly larger still causes problem
- Removed pathfinding transport action costs changes because they cause bugs with the AI and FOW
- Greatly increased damage of Fixed Artillery (as Scorpions)
- Increased effectiveness of Ballistas
- Increased durability of Chariots
- Increased damage on Javelin units
- Fixed some misbehavior on Javelin units
- Decreased damage on Celtic Naked units
- Increased quality of Celtic Naked units for the AI (so they aren't spammed since half-elite)
Divide et Impera 0.81b:
- Increased movement range of fleets
- Decreased zone of control (more for fleets) because having it too large causes problems
- Technology research positions for Main and Auxiliary Greek and Roman barracks reversed. This should help the AI build the main/heavy barracks line earlier, rather than the Auxiliary line
- Greek/Roman main barracks tier 2 now have 1 public order bonus. This is in line with tier 3 and tier 4 already having public order bonuses
- Eastern levy tier 4 light and noble now use 8 food rather than 10. The light levy tier 4 no longer has a public order negative (food instead - like the rest of the line)
- Fixed animations on heavy archers that didn't use shields in combat
- Fixed bug with Legionaries restriction advice causing CTD
- Fixed CiG Legatus cavalry size
Divide et Impera 0.81a:
- Tweaking on march range
- Some minor definitions fixes
Divide et Impera 0.81:
- Removed Forced March (but to compensate tweaked movement speeds ranges; a great thanks to Anabais onto which the values are based, albeit with tweaking)
- Revisited speeds of naval armies in campaign
- Reduced strength of Hoplites overall
- Fixed bug with Spartan units that had the same quality values of Periokoi units while instead they are elite troops (for AI recruitment)
- Fixed visualization bug when disbanding an unit with the recruitment panel still open
- Increased durability of Cavalry
- Revamped missile units stats for better diversification between factions
- Included Baktria to the factions that have pikes from the start of the campaign (requires a new campaign to work fully)
- Overhauled all the visual weights of units so that they reflect the real weights of the entities
- Some balancing tweaks
- Minor scripting tweaks
Divide et Impera 0.80e:
- Came up with a solution for the list of recruited units names: since removing inactive ones altogether doesn't work (for motives that are too long to explain here) I have made the names of inactive units greyed-out so that the active ones are easily spotted. This is the best solution for the problem we can come up with atm. We will research in the future for other ways to improve on this, but it can be that much better than this we cannot go, sadly.
- Fixed bug that caused a CTD on end turn in case a General army was completely disbanded
- Fixed bug with Late Lybian Hoplites not being recruitable
- Fixed Construction report listing old settlement names.
- Thanks to JFC for contributing some image updates. These include:
* New frontend New Campaign images for factions.
* Some new building images (warbreed, salt, fish) and new salt resource image.
- Tweaked Triarii Late stats
- Tweaked and fixed Pedites Extraordinarii stats/abilities/caps
- Fixed Triarii Early Shields
Divide et Impera 0.80d:
- Reduced cost and upkeep of Lybian Infantry
- Reduced cost of Allied Roman units
- Reduced cost of Numidian Javelinmen
- Corrected bug with African Tribesmen unit size
- Fixed starting Macedon pike unit size.
- Fixed minor faction traits.
- Fixed bug that removed capped units even when inactive (for example if having not enough money) if the card was clicked multiple times
Divide et Impera 0.80c:
- Put all German shield patterns back (removed them yesterday till the problems were resolved)
- Fixed animations for Hollow Square when used by Spear units
- Fixed various definitions bugs (Hastati, Triarii, Principes etc.)
- Fixed wrong Hoplite Phalanx on Early Triarii
- Small variations on scripting routines
- Tweaked infantry charge speeds.
Divide et Impera 0.80b:
- Fixed CTD on Celtic and German units
Divide et Impera 0.80a:
- Fixed bugs on textures