Page 42 of 108 FirstFirst ... 173233343536373839404142434445464748495051526792 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Suggestions, Critiques & Requests

Default Re: Feedback, Suggestions, Critiques & Requests

Quote Originally Posted by Tenerife_Boy View Post
    This time I would like to make a suggest about LOSSES DURING SIEGES

During sieges, the besieged get way more looses that the besiegers. It's about common sense but also would like to ask how it works in DeI.
    In vanila, looses are about -10% the attackers and -15% the defenders per turn, wich it doesn't make any difference. So I wonder if DeI team is working on it or will do it in a future patch.

I'm talking about non port cities. The example I'm gonna give is Mediolanum. wich is walled and has no port. Check the pic and take in consideration that both armies were full during the first turn of siege. I decided to attack in the second turn.

http://steamcommunity.com/profiles/76561198006565135/home/
    I will look into some changes for seige attrition eventually. We are pretty heavy into 0.8 right now, that is why we haven't been able to comment on many of the good feedback lately.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Hey, I remember watching a documentary on Ancient Greece a while back but for the life of me can not find that documentary. It was about Persia invading Greece and something to do with Persia attempting to occupy Athens and so they called all able men to fight and I think they humiliated them in the battle. I remember Athens called for Sparta to help but that might have been before or after the battle not sure. Anyway Sparta did not call to aid and then the Persian army came for Sparta... (really trying to remember accurately and not very knowledgeable on this so bare with me!)

To my point. I remember the documentary describing a battle were Sparta had taken higher ground over the persian army, which I think formed behind a small lake? (not sure) Anyway the persian tactics in the battle were to send out there missile cavalry to harass the Spartan army. I can't remember what happened in that battle but anyway the Spartans then started to train their troops in sprinting for long distances, which I think became the "Spartan Run" and then in their next battle the Spartans after this new tactic and training would be able to sprint (now I can't remember which one) either after their missile cavalry or sprint to their front line from a good distance catching them off guard.

Anyway some of this does sound silly as I most definitely have gotten some facts wrong, but perhaps if this were true Sparta would be able to research this tactic and it would be implemented as an ability for the Spartan Hoplites. Just an idea and something to research into when you have time! Cheers.

Hi friends,

I have to admit that with every preview quality is great. However, I have a few suggestions for improvement.

1. Roman legionaries started to wear pants in the 2nd century AD. Even in the 1st century AD legionaries didn't wear pants. During the early empire were pants worn by cavalry, signifers and Auxilia. This is confirmed by many sources in the form of bas-reliefs, frescoes, paintings, etc.
    Therefore, I suggest you remove the pants from Imperial legions and especially those from the time of Marius reforms. I suggest you keep the pants for Imperial Auxilia and Imperial cavalry. All units from the time of the Republic and Marius reforms shouldn't have pants.

Legionaries from pictures of your sources of Legionnaires' pants are from the 2nd century AD.

There are examples from Trajan column (legionaries without pants and Auxilia/signifers with pants):

2. I suggest you remove Dura Europos style patterns' shields from legions of Marius reforms. Design of this shield was such a period of the Empire. It wasn't known at the time of Caesar and Octavian. I suggest you keep these Dura Europos patterns only for Imperial Legionaries, for example armored legionaries.

3. I noticed that the classic helmet Montefortino (of Celts, Germans, Iberians) has added a strange decorative circles on the cheek-guardss. I never met this helmet with such a design. I mean this circle:

I suggest you remove the circles, because the typical version Montefortino had no such circles. Found many this type helmets, and usually looked like this.

[img][/img]

I suggest you keep a simple version of this helmet, no circles on cheek-guards.

4. I noticed that some Republican units (probably Principes and Socii) have on the left leg greaves' style gladiators (found in Pompeii). I suggest you convert it to a traditional greave.

5. I suggest you remove these protectors hands. I never seen among the Romans of that period.

6. I noticed that in the Iberian preview most units have Montefortino helmets.
    I think it's a good idea, but rather for Celtiberian. Of course, that 'cleans Iberians' also be able to wear Montefortino helmets, but they should have more of their native helmets. I propose to reduce the amount of Montefortino helmets for Iberians, and keep it for Celtiberians.
    Iberians should be more distinguishable from Celtiberians. These Monefortino helmets have many cultures in the game - Romans, Gauls, Britons, Iberians, Carthaginians, Germans and steppe factions (weird decision by CA to giving it for Scythians and Saka). More interesting would be to have more proportion of Iberian helmets than Celtic montefortino.

Example of native Iberians:

7. I noticed that you have removed this helmet of Britons. I suggest you add it, because it is based on historical discovery. It's more Britons differentiate helmets from the Gauls.

8. I noticed that you made bronze armors for Celtic generals and elite inspiration on the book 'Ancient Celts' by Tim Newark (with illustrations by Angus McBride). These are reproductions of arms of the book. However, it is described as the 6th-5th century BC. Probably in the 3rd century BC and later times, the Celts wore no longer those armors.

I hope that helped a little bit, and maybe you'll want to use something from this. I admit that I would like to see legionaries without pants.

Hi, first of i would like to say; Awesome mod. I've been playing with it (as Rome) for about 250+ turns now and up until now i've had a great experience.

The issue i've run into is with your recruitment caps.
    As Rome, i ran into the cap of regular "marian" legionaries and removed some in peaceful provinces to quickly move forces to where they were needed.
    I then completed the research for "imperial" legionaries and suddenly the game somehow made it impossible for me to recruit any more, despite removing every single legionary unit i had.

This kinda stops me from continuing my campaign as legionaries are sort of a key unit for Rome.

Is there anyway (savegame comatible) to remove these caps or to reset them?

You can remove the caps by going into the land units (or maybe its main units) table and setting the campaign cap to -1.

As a side note, in 0.8 we will no longer have global caps but instead have army caps.

Not sure if this is really the right thread but I want to complain about the AI. (And hoping for some fixes since I have no hope about getting stuff from the official side.)

-In battle with reinforcement the main AI suicides. The most Extreme example which I have experienced: Attacking army only mounted general with 50% man. As reinforcement 2k man. Me with ~1200. What does this single general do? Rushes straightly into my units and uhmm dies... If the attacking army way to weak to face the enemy they should wait for the rest of their army and don't do such /*'&% actions.

-Second right at the moment I'm playing a siege battle also with enemy reinforcements. Their main army was not that weak but weaker than my defense forces. So I decided to rush out and move 5 units completely around the whole town.
    I mostly defeated the units which carried the ladders. What I experienced here was that even under such high pressure some enemy units didn't flee and some of mine did (a bit to erly in my opinion), but thats not what I want to complain about.
    Story goes on most of my units fled or got killed. I could save my general(5 stars btw.) and handfull heavy damaged units. Enemy ignores the ladders and attacks(burns) the gate. When it was burned down I push out again. (Losing the gate+towers is way to easy when the attacker is just slightly inside the gate <-- would be great if that could be changed so that it has to be like in medieval that the enemy must push through the whole gate.)
    Here I lost my general and could save 1 unit and now the enemy DOESN'T ATTACK anymore. Some of the units chill infront of the gate and get killed by my towers others did follow my escaping units and chill somewhere else. My 5 units I sent around early currently killing of what they can and the enemy doesn't care like hell. They only start to move when I come close.....
    Now I will just sit here and wait for the remaining 30min to finish...

-Skill use of enemy is sometimes counterproductive, short after the start of the battle a (reinforcement) general used second wind (not sure if this is the correct english name) and tired his units with the after effect long before I was even close.

From what I know, the Battle AI isn't really moddable in terms of decision making.

Perhaps including something along the lines of this
    http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...anilla-Rome-II

So that the AI doesn't continue to use so many skirmish units in their army composition so as to provide more of a challenge. Army composition seems to be one of the major factors regarding DEI's current difficulty in my opinion and the AI currently is rather horrible at that.

EDIT:

Also any way at somewhat fixing the whole transport ship ordeal would be nice. Perhaps even just making them VERY weak compared to navies. Otherwise I see literally no reason to even recruit navies to be honest.

Oh and as for getting rid of control point, what's your take on that?
    Last edited by bthizle1; February 21, 2014 at 04:30 PM.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

Well, DeI will introduce unit cap per army stack if I remember correctly? With it shirmisher/slinger spam will not be a problem so much.
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Is it possible to make each city its own province, which would allow every city to have walls?

Quote Originally Posted by Denco View Post
    Is it possible to make each city its own province, which would allow every city to have walls?
    While that is a nice idea it would probably mean all cities would start with a wall, unless that too is moddable. Personally I may be fine with it, IF you can start with no walls at all, and would have to build them (with exceptions to those major cities that had them. Very expensive and time consuming.

On the other hand, I am unsure how well it would work in game, after a while you would basically be fighting Rome II in a Medieval II setting. Everything having walls. I don't think that would be so interesting.

The province thing they added, I'm not a big fan of it either since you can't define your own provinces, they only went half way. Not flexible at all.

HOWEVER, I do wonder if it's possible to mod so cities don't grow in size on the campaign map. Look at Athens, the city is almost as big as the whole territory. That's ridiculous and also, you can hop so easily between cities. With atleast all cities being just one square, you would add a bit more range between then, and also make the campaign map look more realistic.

Could Meneros add this helmet ??? Thraco-hellenistic helmet. Very used in this period since Alexander's time

This mod is absolutely brilliant (it makes Rome 2 pretty much perfect IMO). That's my feedback for you!

Hey DEI team, first of all absolutely fantastic mod, love the dedication, research and sweat that goes into it makes Rome 2... ROME 2!!
    I have one suggestion though that I think would be a nice addition but not entirely sure if it can be done.

Is it possible to make the Corinthian helmets look more like this...

...as I feel this is a more authentic look. It is just subtle changes such as the shape of the eye sockets that make an authentic Corinthian helm. Thanks.

KAM 2150's Avatar Artifex
    Patrician

To be honest, corinthian helmets should not even be in the game due to the time frame
    Official DeI Instagram Account! https://www.instagram.com/divideetimperamod/
    Official DeI Facebook Page! https://www.facebook.com/divideetimperamod

Anna_Gein's Avatar Primicerius

So I give a new try to the mod, play 2 turns as the Ptolemaoia and what do I encounter ? One dilemma right into the middle of the screen S2 style ! I did not even knew the possibility was still left. That's formidable. I hope you guys will make the best use of it (and please do a tutorial in the workshop sub-forum if you can).

As a whole I would like to congratulate the team for its great work. Looking forward to the future update and the completed version.

Quote Originally Posted by KAM 2150 View Post
    To be honest, corinthian helmets should not even be in the game due to the time frame

Very very true! And I am all for historical accuracy... except for when it comes to Corinthian Helmets

I am just a huge fan and feel Sparta is incomplete without them and perhaps if there are a considerable number of people who want them in then a Sub-Mod could be an option (if you plan to remove them). I like the way they are only given to the Royal Spartans and Heroes of Sparta though and seeing as they are in the mod right now I think they would look amazing if re-worked.

Greetings DEI team. I have a very important question regarding external unit mods. Since DEI is quickly becoming the new standard, I was hoping to get a direct response from a team member. I already posted the thread here...

http://www.twcenter.net/forums/showt...-we-allowed-to

... but I just wanted to link it in this thread so it does not get overlooked. My more specific questions are in post # 3. Thanks for your time and consideration.

Sincerely,
    Ambi

***Update, question has been answered, thanks guys***
    Last edited by Ambigatos; February 23, 2014 at 11:46 AM.

Foederatus

It must have been discussed somewhere, but I can't find it....what are plans for unit cards if there are any?

Quote Originally Posted by hosharius View Post
    It must have been discussed somewhere, but I can't find it....what are plans for unit cards if there are any?
    You can always get the BullGod's unit cards + carretos patch for Dei, they are the best IMO. I think that they said that this kind of things would be the last to be added.