Page 1 of 108 12345678910112651101 ... LastLast

Thread: [Feedback] Suggestions, Critiques & Requests

Default [Feedback] Suggestions, Critiques & Requests

Dear users,

Post in this thread all your suggestions and feedback (and also constructive criticism, it is always appreciated when it's not done just to insult) so we know better what you would like of improved, of changed and in general what you feel about our mod.

Please take in consideration that DeI is still in its early development stage so many things are to be done and in the works (as new historical units additions to the rosters), but you can help us here understand what you would like to see next in the mod.

With your help we plan to make DeI the next EB/RS2/RTR etc. of Rome II, so begin typing now your suggestion for us

Best regards,
    The Divide et Impera team.
    Last edited by Meneros; January 03, 2014 at 02:11 PM.

Decanus

Default Re: Feedback, suggestions, critics and requests

Quote Originally Posted by Selea View Post
    Divide et Impera 0.5b:
    http://www.mediafire.com/download/n8...e_et_Impera.7z

- Reworked Artillery to be much less accurate (Onager the less, Ballista medium, Scorpio the most) and so much less powerful to kill people; the only real solution to the problem, however, was to remove the bouncing feature from artillery because reducing too much accuracy to make artillery behave balanced with infantry created issues with breaking walls (there's no a separation in the engine between accuracy on walls and units, so if you give too much penalty to accuracy it will take years to bring down a wall)
    - Removed explosive shots from Artillery
    - Removed Giant Ballistas from the Campaign
    - Barbarians now have Artillery only on Tech 4 and no Large Onagers
    - Corrected issues with missile units having reloads not tied to the lowered melee attack speed (this caused missile units to be more powerful than they should have been)
    - Tweaked accuracy on certain missile weapons (especially Javelins)
    - Redistributed active Shield Wall formation (the one that can be used also by the AI) correctly to units that should have it (all disciplined units) and removed it from those that fight in an un-disciplined manner
    - Fatigue now also lowers acceleration speed so that fresh units can retreat easier from exhausted ones

Great update ideas here. I think this should help the balance of things quite a bit. I think your idea on fatigue lowering acceleration is very smart. FYI, I have been actually pushed far more using DeI than any other mod so far. The main thing that makes battles so tricky is the break / return mechanic, which I do really like. It creates a high-drama mad scramble to try to get the whole army routed at once. The risk-reward trade off is great, and I've been burned a few times trying too hard to break the whole army when I should have been more patient and stayed in formation longer.
    Last edited by wrcromartie; December 03, 2013 at 11:00 AM.

Hoplite of Ilis's Avatar Domesticus

Hello and congratulations on your mod. I played as Epirus and finished the campaign without finding the copper resource. Without copper I couldn't build level three infantry barracks.... By the way, have you added resources of your own? Note that I'm using a mod which halves the regions for military victory from 140 to 70. Even so, I was trading with everybody except from far east factions. Could you make an image that shows the resource locations?
    At first I thought technologies took too long, but after a while I found it to be balanced. Vanilla R2 moves quite in fast forward in terms of technology. By the time you start to enjoy your army, the next barracks are available. I hope to hear the voice mod we know so well from EB in your next installment. To sum it up:

First mod that has really made me feel like the game has undergone a huge improvement. From the new look to units (WAAAAAY better then vanilla) to the new battle mechanics this is definitely my favorite overhaul yet. This is my Stainless Steel of Rome 2 so far.

Groovy

Decanus

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    Hello and congratulations on your mod. I played as Epirus and finished the campaign without finding the copper resource.
    You probably just needed to install the newer version of DeI. There was a version back when that had bugged copper and wheat.

Here's a link to the resource map: http://www.mediafire.com/download/t8...ome_II_Map.jpg

I would like to see unit limit gone. I'm late into my campaign and suddenly I cannot recruit any more Legionarii. I undestand that this is the Vanilla option so I hope it can get changed.

Make it possible to kill routing units. Companion Cavalry against 75 fleeing archers get about 5 kills before they leave the map. I can see my men attack them, but they always just block and keep running.

Note that I'm using a mod which halves the regions for military victory
    Doesn't it override DEI startpos? In this case new resources hadn't right to work.

I would like to see unit limit gone. I'm late into my campaign and suddenly I cannot recruit any more Legionarii. I undestand that this is the Vanilla option so I hope it can get changed.
    Nope, it's mod feature. That limit is to force you to using historical legion composition.

Quote Originally Posted by Soontir View Post
    Nope, it's mod feature. That limit is to force you to using historical legion composition.
    Didn't realize that, no problem

Great mod chaps! I appreciate that this is a long-haul for you all, but this is certainly going to be one Hell of a game by the time all the work is done!

Quote Originally Posted by Hoplite of Ilis View Post
    Hello and congratulations on your mod. I played as Epirus and finished the campaign without finding the copper resource. Without copper I couldn't build level three infantry barracks.... By the way, have you added resources of your own? Note that I'm using a mod which halves the regions for military victory from 140 to 70. Even so, I was trading with everybody except from far east factions. Could you make an image that shows the resource locations?
    At first I thought technologies took too long, but after a while I found it to be balanced. Vanilla R2 moves quite in fast forward in terms of technology. By the time you start to enjoy your army, the next barracks are available. I hope to hear the voice mod we know so well from EB in your next installment. To sum it up:
    Unfortunately, you can't use any other startpos mods with DeI. That is where the resource change is made. The Victory Conditions mod is a startpos mod.

----> Website -- Patreon -- Steam -- Forums -- Youtube -- Facebook <----

Decanus

Some feedback on latest version:

Played a battle as Rome against some Illyrian Hellenic b@stards who took me to school. They outnumbered me about 3:2 & had quality troops, but this is a battle I would've won easily on vanilla.

Was defending on a hilltop & Illyrian's made excellent use of hoplite phalanx formation and outlasted & outwrapped me. Even after I pulled a number of excellent maneuvers & had a whole half their army flanked, I was unable to break them completely. They made good use of reserves and more importantly - excellent use of the phalanx and casualty management. Eventually, they just wore me down & my exhausted troops succumbed after a long fight. I ended up taking down more than 1 man for every one I lost. Eventually it didnt matter, and the Roman legion succumbed.

I will say that it did feel like my legions weren't inflicting casualties fast enough when I had a unit of hoplites sandwiched between two units of hastati/principes. Is there a way to make hoplite phalanx a little more susceptible to the flank a la pike phalanx? Not thinking a big change is warranted, just a subtle nudge.

TL;DR - The AI uses hoplites & their abilities very well.
    Last edited by wrcromartie; December 03, 2013 at 07:40 PM.

I've played a little bit of the mod and I really liked it, especially they renamed units, they sound so much more epic now. I was wondering if it would be possible to up the unit sizes from 160 to 480, much like Cat Master's Roman Cohort Mod? It really makes the battle's epic and unfortunately they don't work together, I'm assuming because all the units have different names.

Took over a city in my campaign with a full stack and another for backup but wasn't needed. Enemy responded by sending 2 full stacks against me before my first stack had time to replenish. 40 versus 40 and I got my but kicked while losing a good General at that plus they gained back the city from me. Finally this game is offering a good challenge providing alot more enjoyment. Whatever changes you made to the missile units and skirmishers as a whole are alot more balanced now and working good imo.

Thanks mod team for shaping this game into something worth playing and really looking forward to whats ahead.

Loving the mod. I'm playing campain after a looooong time I like that the CAI gets to spawn so many armies (cause of the food and cash bonuses). I played several battles and won many heroic victories, but the problem is i have to battle the same armies over and over again, so the battle do not seem definitive.

After playing a river crossing battle (40units of my romans against 4full stacs of barbarians) I managed to rout all 4 armies. After routing I send my cav (6 units) + my light inf. and my legionaires in unformed attack after the routing hordes.
    Out of 8600 enemy forces i managed to kill 3000 and capture, do to pursuit, 1000. So the next turn i attacked them again, autoresolved, and lost 80% of my forces.

My suggestion is: can you change the auto disband percentage to a higher one, so ppl don't have to fight so manny battles. I know it is set to 35% for the losing army but i feel it is still to small, specially coupeled with the higher rec. capabilities of the AI.
    I know you cannot change the stats of the routing units, so i guess this is the only way?

Anyway LOVING your mod. And congrats on being hosted. You deserve it Keep up the good work guys, really looking forward to new units

Hey guys I have a suggestion now that you are going to be working more on the campaign map. Would it be at all possible to rework the food/squalor in provinces to a point where I might be able to build them up more than one level 3 settlement with the rest usually being at 2 max. I would like to build more buildings rather than simply trying to balance food and happiness and I feel like I am unable to explore all the building trees have to offer because of this. Am I the only one who feels this way or does anyone else want to see something like that?

As far as how to accomplish something like this, I wish I could be more help. Sadly I'm really crap at modding things like this (I can only do really basic stuff, like change number of units per army or men in a unit) or I would try to tweak them myself. So let me know what you all think!

Thanks.

Edit: Selea, I just thought of this and I don't know if it's even possible at all but since you were just working on siege weapons... Is it possible at all to make things like ballistas a buildable siege weapon? I don't know how good of an idea this is, but I figured I'd put it out there.
    Last edited by Cidalsleepwalker; December 04, 2013 at 01:21 AM.

Fingon NL's Avatar Centenarius

A small request, could you add numbers to the unit cards, so you can actually see the number of soldiers left in a unit without having to hoover over it? I know it's possible, I saw this kind of mod on a few youtube videos, but it didn't say which mod they used.

''Beneath the gold, bitter steel"

Quote Originally Posted by Fingon NL View Post
    A small request, could you add numbers to the unit cards, so you can actually see the number of soldiers left in a unit without having to hoover over it? I know it's possible, I saw this kind of mod on a few youtube videos, but it didn't say which mod they used.
    believe thats an ingame option

Decanus

Fingon NL, that option I use all the time, It's ingame already. By the way this is a great MOD, been wiped several times, lol.